Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

skies86

Master Member
Reaction score
That speedtest not accurate, u need to do the actual test. Give these servers a try: Seattle, Phoenix 2, San Francisco

ooo. tried seattle and got 6mb/s. saw one of ur post indicating
USA Seattle = 15MB/s (120Mbps)

wad torrent did u used to test tis? pm me if not convenient to say here :s13:

sillyb0y

Master Member
Reaction score
Seedbox plus vpn is safest. :s13:

But I think vpns are safer, seedbox keep your stuff in them, in the event that they get raided or subpoenaed, all your downloaded laundry sitting out in the open. Seedboxes give you awesome speeds though.

Vpns only know where the connection came from and where it's going, they don't keep track of the actual content going through.

if get vpn also not very safe. as long they have log can trace back the IP which user logged in?

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if get vpn also not very safe. as long they have log can trace back the IP which user logged in?
If you like that say, then nothing will make you safe.

You're not going for 100% anonymity, you just want to avoid being the lowest hanging fruit.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
even without logs people like you want to haolian in forum will be the first to kena:s13::s13::s13:

i dont see anything wrong with this person. he is just posting a source.

in 1 of the comments, from the following link
http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/20k0i0/which_vpn_services_take_your_anonymity_seriously/

I agree with the OP. Astrill betrays its customers by revealing identifiable information about its customers. Two Singaporean bloggers were investigated by Singapore's Internal Security Department for posting what the latter deemed to be remarks that lower the esteem of the Singaporean Prime Minister. These bloggers were using Astrill to mask their activities.

can anyone post the news of this? i tried to google but cant seem to find the news. probably i didnt try enough.

oric1

Reaction score
in 1 of the comments, from the following link

I agree with the OP. Astrill betrays its customers by revealing identifiable information about its customers. Two Singaporean bloggers were investigated by Singapore's Internal Security Department for posting what the latter deemed to be remarks that lower the esteem of the Singaporean Prime Minister. These bloggers were using Astrill to mask their activities.

can anyone post the news of this? i tried to google but cant seem to find the news. probably i didnt try enough.

Now we got to ask ourselves whether is the source above authentic? Nowadays everything on the net can be faked. Anybody can write anything they want. Just my two cents worth :)

oric1

Reaction score
is the astrill kill switch really effective? i havent get a chance to try as i dont know how to try. :D

No chance to try it either. Don't worry about this file, it's not illegal that's why I dare to post it openly :s13:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now we got to ask ourselves whether is the source above authentic? Nowadays everything on the net can be faked. Anybody can write anything they want. Just my two cents worth :)

yes its true.

thats why i was digging for the news on the 2 singaporean bloggers.

i searched for the following words but cannot find any news.

singaporean bloggers prime minister astrill

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
torrent.png

On PIA. I think if the file bigger can get faster speed.

astrill.png

Astrill. Also can go faster if the torrent is bigger I think.

Last edited:

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
use vuze, cause it allow you setup vpn. and will stop when vpn connection break

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@The King - what are your VPN and port forwarding settings for Vuze? Do you still have port forward settings at the router end?

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What torrent software do you use then?
I use transmission. Small and lightweight. Don't need to configure a lot of things people don't understand. Can use the default settings to torrent immediately.
use vuze, cause it allow you setup vpn. and will stop when vpn connection break
Also won't use Vuze, java coded and bloat filled.

Reaction score
Just giving my 50 cents, I am using Tixati as my torrent client, and its automated speed limiter rocks :) . No need for tedious configuration.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use transmission. Small and lightweight. Don't need to configure a lot of things people don't understand. Can use the default settings to torrent immediately.

I guess Transmission is only available for Mac?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.