Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

ForThePride

Reaction score
Hi I just tried PIA on vuze. Is there anything else I need to setup besides binding to IP address?

Do I need to setup proxy also? Don't really know what that is.

Last edited:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro :)

Anyway, just a quick check, in terms of netflix or hulu, which one shows the most up to date US drama? How many epds apart for US drama if comparing between netflix/hulu and buukit teema?

No worries :D

Can't help you there cos I only got Netflix and not a big fan of drama :s13:

Ok, maybe 1 reason why I chose Netflix cos they got Daredevil series (haven't watched yet though) :D

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
VPN does slows down the connection right? Any of your VPN not affected such that streaming is smooth?

that's why never use VPN for streaming drama only...
get unotelly.com... it's much faster..

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
VPN does slows down the connection right? Any of your VPN not affected such that streaming is smooth?

Will meh?

Quite smooth for me ah - using PureVPN with setting set to NetFlix US streaming :)

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Will meh?

Quite smooth for me ah - using PureVPN with setting set to NetFlix US streaming :)

My understanding is SmartDNS will still be based on your ISP's speed but VPN will be subject to the server cause virtually your location changed so the routes are different already. Maybe while streaming not much difference but downloads and browsing can feel the difference.

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My understanding is SmartDNS will still be based on your ISP's speed but VPN will be subject to the server cause virtually your location changed so the routes are different already. Maybe while streaming not much difference but downloads and browsing can feel the difference.

yup...
for smart dns, the config is as follows

SmartDNs
Your ISP -> Netflix

VPN
Your server -> VPN server-> netflix

Never ever use VPN solely just for Streaming..... There are other option if you just wish to stream netflix/hulu....

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i wanna watch nbc golf channel with my kodi/xbmc. i tried with pia vpn but it's just too slow and encounter constant buffering.

however, pia is good for t0rr3nt streaming with my kodi/xbmc.

do you have any suggestion for me to watch the geo locked nbc live stream?

i wish to subscribe to pia, as the 60$US 2 year deal is really attractive. astrill has no problem for my kodi live stream from nbc golf channel.

edit: wrong pricing!

Last edited:

Wongpk

Master Member
Reaction score
i wanna watch nbc golf channel with my kodi/xbmc. i tried with pia vpn but it's just too slow and encounter constant buffering.

however, pia is good for t0rr3nt streaming with my kodi/xbmc.

do you have any suggestion for me to watch the geo locked nbc live stream?

i wish to subscribe to pia, as the 60$US 2 year deal is really attractive. astrill has no problem for my kodi live stream from nbc golf channel.

edit: wrong pricing!

you can watch nbc golf channel

• download the apps from itunes for ipad or google play for android
  • pay for a nbc subscription from their official website

isn't it the same procedure applies to alll content providers ? whether it is HBO, Netflix or Hulu no?

moozmoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How you sign up Netflix? I tried many times using Singapore issued Citibank Visa but always not successful.

Anybody can share the steps?

i using UOB visa, works for me also, just that address put US address

Wongpk

Master Member
Reaction score
How you sign up Netflix? I tried many times using Singapore issued Citibank Visa but always not successful.

Anybody can share the steps?

i also use citibank visa to subscribe netflix.
maybe yours is not accepted cos it is a debit card

oric1

Reaction score
i using UOB visa, works for me also, just that address put US address

i also use citibank visa to subscribe netflix.
maybe yours is not accepted cos it is a debit card

Anyway, managed to sign up today using Citibank Visa by using Zip Code 97220.

Confirmed mine is not a debit card LOL

How come Citibank send me notification that I was charged US$8.79 twice? I thought Netflix will not charged me until my trial expires 1 month later (19 May)?

Last edited:

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm trying out cactusVPN. Fewer servers but they offer smartDNS and VPN for BT at 6.99. Former is impt for me as I want to use my PS3 to watch Netflix and Hulu. The VPN can also be mounted on synology via pptp.

jase07

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm on astrill, can i ask what servers do you guys use mainly for openvpn?

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm trying out cactusVPN. Fewer servers but they offer smartDNS and VPN for BT at 6.99. Former is impt for me as I want to use my PS3 to watch Netflix and Hulu. The VPN can also be mounted on synology via pptp.

In the end i went for unotelly. the smartdns was comparatively faster while still offering both smartdns and vpn.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.