Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$29.99 with StealthVPN compare to normal $69.95 without StealthVPN still not worth ah???

Like that seow liao lor...

If you don't need RouterPro upgrade go ahead. But I got mine with 2 years sub AND a free router when I signed up for much cheaper.

Ian

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Happy with my PureVPN.
It comes with SmartDNS for my Apple TV.
Simple to setup and fast too :D

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
UnoDNS now for about $30+. Shall go back to try which one works better for the PS4.

Ian

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Happy with my PureVPN.
It comes with SmartDNS for my Apple TV.
Simple to setup and fast too :D

Now the're having this Promo:

BLACK FRIDAY. CYBER MONDAY.
Buy 1 Year of PureVPN & Get Next Year Absolutely Free!
+ Free SmartDNS for 2 Years.

USD$49.95 (USD$171.75 - 70% OFF)

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

how is the performance compared to Astrill ?

Ian

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
how is the performance compared to Astrill ?

Never tried Astrill.

I'm new to VPN stuff.
Only get hooked to it after my subscription to NetFlix :o

Tried both HMA! (Hide My Ass) and Express VPN - It's good but pricey and no SmartDNS features for my Apple TV.
Managed to get my money-back for Express VPN though.

oric1

Reaction score
Only StealthVPN no router upgrade. Not worth renewing now as I still find their anniversary deals better.

Or wait for their Cyber Monday deal. Their last Cyber Monday deal was in 2013, not sure this year have or not.

This year Cyber Monday is on 30 Nov.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I paid US$99 (S$134) last year for the 2-year plan which includes StealthVPN, RouterPro VPN & connect 2 devices at the same time. Surprisingly the China servers still working when I enabled the StealthVPN.

Which VPN is this?

PA3131T

Master Member
Reaction score
If you don't need RouterPro upgrade go ahead. But I got mine with 2 years sub AND a free router when I signed up for much cheaper.

Dun just say much cheaper lah... Same as u nv share in previous post-just mentioned not worth...

Share share how cheap u get so as others have a better picture mah...

PA3131T

Master Member
Reaction score

US$49.95 for 2 years might as well get their so called "Secret Offer" @US$69 for 5 years. And for this, someone mentioned earlier for lifetime...

U dare to subscribe? I walk far far away...

Ian

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks. You have no issues view China Programmes?
Now considering to signup with astrill.

Btw, does it make sense to run stealthVPN without RouetPro VPN? Asking cause I not sure after reading at astrill website.

Last edited:

oric1

Reaction score
Thanks. You have no issues view China Programmes?
Now considering to signup with astrill.

Btw, does it make sense to run stealthVPN without RouetPro VPN? Asking cause I not sure after reading at astrill website.

Initially I can't when I was using OpenVPN or OpenWeb then I read it somewhere in this thread that I need to use StealthVPN in order to stream contents from China and it works.

StealthVPN only works with PC/Mac/Linux, can't use it on mobile devices as the mobile app doesn't have StealthVPN or OpenVPN.

Try signing up for 7-day free trial first. Usually free trial don't have StealthVPN but no harm online chat with them and see if they can let you try the StealthVPN for a few days.

You don't need RouterPro to run StealthVPN.

RouterPro is an Astrill applet that you can install on certain router with customised firmware, e.g. ASUS with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware or router with DD-WRT firmware.

I installed the RouterPro on my ASUS AC87U router and was able to stream Netflix on my Apple TV in full HD.

Last edited:

schlep

Reaction score
LIFETIME??? And still have discount code? :s13::s13::s13:

I never believe in such thing... Anyway, its just my opinion...

I tried subscribing to them and it works so far. After purchasing from the MakeUseOfdeals website, I was given a code to key into Getflix and purevpn website.

stiwipl

Reaction score
They seem to have increased the price for 2 year plan? US$149.99 was the price for 2 year plan last month (even US$125.99 as stated here), now they increased it to US$169.99 ahead of Black Friday...

Some users here paid US$89 & US$99 for 2 year plan, which were fantastic deals I think. Let's see what they will come up with.

It's a shame for Astrill to behave this way. I mean they are worth to pay but rising prices just before Black Friday, then decreasing it to the same level as before and calling it a deal is a joke.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.