Beware of carousell pre-order scams!!

• Have you been Scammed?
    Follow this advisory from National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) on the next steps you can take. More info

luvbitez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my stupidity at least never made me lose anything unnecessarily to any scam.

r u just advocating pple to take risk n be scammed?

By now u understand it nia but u still attack ts unfairly. I also pre-order flipper but successful one.

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my stupidity at least never made me lose anything unnecessarily to any scam.

r u just advocating pple to take risk n be scammed?

Don't twist words.
No one is advocating any risk taking here, with this or crypto or options, etc

Point is TS is not stupid for taking the risk as it could have worked out, like it did for me and many others.

Everyone takes risk with stocks, options, pre-orders, crypto, etc. Some crypto goes to almost zero lol.

With options, if it expires out of the money, it is worth 0. Are u saying the option market is a global scam? Lol

luvbitez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its in your own words not twisted ie. those adverse to risk taking r stupid n that includes me..
Don't twist words.
No one is advocating any risk taking here
Point is TS is not stupid for taking the risk as it could have worked out, like it did for me and many others.

Everyone takes risk with stocks, options, pre-orders, crypto, etc. Some crypto goes to almost zero lol.

With options, if it expires out of the money, it is worth 0. Are u saying the option market is a global scam? Lol

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its in your own words not twisted ie. those adverse to risk taking r stupid n that includes me..

Nono, don't twist words.
The dumb one is u for not understanding the similarity of pre-order risk reward to options/crypto, etc.

U shouldn't have flamed TS.

Go carousell and see listings..many flippers clearly making money. I was the same.

Don't call TS stupid when u dunno wat u r talking about. The risk is similar.

With pre-order, police report can recover 30-80% of the money often. Won't be the first time this has occured lol.

Last edited:

RuoQin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me tio scam... Haha.... Lost around 2.3k... go pre-order gpu from carousel. Supposed to be from a reputable seller (got register company in acra, got company bank account in business for over a year).

Waited almost 2 months, then ask the person say not here yet. If never come will refund... Then later his account kena suspended by carousell. Guess he scam alot more pple....

Me yet to make police report. Likely going to do so this week. Such pple really cheapskate man. Me wont die by losing this 2.3k but i guess he might go jail..lol...
Taobao is more trustworthy than Carousell~ Just report the scammer to SPF, hope that you can get your money back~!

Last edited:

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Taobao is more trustworthy than Carousell~ Just report the spammer to SPF, hope that you can get your money back~!

Will be weeks and months before he gets it back and will be 30-80% or so restitution made. Don't expect 100%.

luvbitez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry hor, if TS hv not done his due diligence by checking the company acra if the person he is dealing with is legit, the company can deny responsibility by saying the one dealing with him is not their employee..

i hv not twisted any word but just saying risk has to be calculated n be carried out with due diligence.

crypto trading is not in a context for discussion here as its carried out on a trustworthy platform ie its just abt due diligence, good or bad luck, there’s no scamming here.

but there is lot of scams in pre-orders, as what spf pointed out, due diligence on counterparty credentials is important.

going back to TS claiming back his “investment”, if he has not done due diligence n traded with an unknown party then its very likely he is screwed.

Nono, don't twist words with that shiat.
Don't call TS stupid when u dunno wat u talking about. The risk is similar.

Pre order risk is no different from option risk or crypto risk. Many cryptos go to near zero as it is, same as options.

With pre-order, police report can recover 30-80% of the money at times. Won't be the first time this has occured lol.

RuoQin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be weeks and months before he gets it back and will be 30-80% or so restitution made. Don't expect 100%.

Crypto is far worse since some can drop like 90% and options can expire worthless.
Better than nothing and send the scammer to jail~! :mad:

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry hor, if TS hv not done his due diligence by printing out the company acra, the company can deny responsibility by saying the one dealing with him is not their employee..

i hv not twisted any word but just saying risk has to be calculated n be carried out with due diligence.

crypto trading is not in a context for discussion here as its carried out on a trustworthy platform ie its just abt due diligence, good or bad luck, there’s no scamming here.

but there is lot of scams in pre-orders, as what spf pointed out, due diligence on counterparty credentials is important.

going back to TS claiming back his “investment”, if he has not done due diligence n traded with an unknown party then its very likely he is screwed.

Ah pls. By now u surely understand it.

Next time don't talk about something u know nothing about, stupid one.

I am also a flipper, a successful one btw.
Risk reward, it is definitely better than playing crypto shiatcoins which can go down to 99% in value even lol...

There is no 100% due diligence done. U juz read the reviews and take a risk.
I did the same and flipped GPUs. It could have gone south, so be it, small money.

No different, same with options, sometimes expire worthless.

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry hor, if TS hv not done his due diligence by checking the company acra if the person he is dealing with is legit, the company can deny responsibility by saying the one dealing with him is not their employee..

And for cryptos, it is worse as the whole exchange can go down and everyone losses.
Alot of that has occured many times in the last few years.

Wat due diligence u talking about lol ??
U can't tell for sure regsrdles of DD done.

Alot of shiatcoins as good as scams too..go down till 99% or even delisted...pump n dump etc

Loser

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A few thousand, around 4k. Only about 18gpus total. I can't remember as it has been awhile and I only estimate the mining profits, too lazy to count exact lol. Most GPUs flipped as it got too hot to have more than 1 rig in room lol.

6 is ordered from madcow. They are still alive on shopee btw.

By the time they deliver your 3080 gpu now, can flip for 1k profit easy lol. They won't be fast lol.
Lol that's still a tidy profit. That is over how long timespan?

luvbitez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes u r successful on flipping because u r smarter than TS.

not everyone r as smart as u so dont try to advocate something u r good at expecting everyone r just as good as u.

TS has been scammed n thats a reality.

Ah pls. By now u surely understand it.

Next time don't talk about something u know nothing about, stupid one.

I am also a flipper, a successful one btw.
Risk reward, it is definitely better than playing crypto shiatcoins which can go down to 99% in value even lol...

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol that's still a tidy profit. That is over how long timespan?

Flip within 2 months.
The mining I did for 1-2 months then sell the whole rig....as the heat it gives out is abit 2 much for me lol.

Back then also got pre-order scams but few. Some of these carou people got good reviews also can scam. No 100%. That's the risk.

Btw i could be wrong but seeing GPU prices now, imo, the boat has sailed....should have done 3-4 months ago if u wanted to imo.

Can flip even older GPUs for high profit.
The shortage this time is worst than last time.

luvbitez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u made it sounds like its so easy to make money out of flipping, just like the numerous youtube adv abt drop shipping.. then the whole world should just go flipping n no one should be doing their job or anything sensible..

And for cryptos, it is worse as the whole exchange can go down and everyone losses.
Alot of that has occured many times in the last few years.

Wat due diligence u talking about lol ??
U can't tell for sure regsrdles of DD done.

Alot of shiatcoins as good as scams too..go down till 99% or even delisted...pump n dump etc

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u made it sounds like its so easy to make money out of flipping, just like the numerous youtube adv abt drop shipping.. then the whole world should just go flipping n no one should be doing their job or anything sensible..

Point here is u can't call TS stupid on something u don't understand.

This is not drop shipping. Don't twist words.

Now major shortage, flip a gpu bought a few months ago will huat.

Those who saw the shortage coming and got it right, congrats.
Go see carou and Amazon GPU listing prices lol.

luvbitez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
he got scammed but u r smarter so not scammed, by simple logic, he’s just not as intelligent as u r or rather most of us who knows how to avoid being scammed according to advise from SPF.

scam rates here r known to be low compare to other country, then its quite logical to define TS such act as silliness or stupidity.

by branding it as such is a cautionary advise for others not to repeat such foolishness.

Point here is u can't call TS stupid on something u don't understand.

This is not drop shipping. Don't twist words.

Now major shortage, flip a gpu bought a few months ago will huat.

Those who saw the shortage coming and got it right, congrats.
Go see carou and Amazon GPU listing prices lol.

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
he got scammed but u r smarter so not scammed. by simple logic. he’s just not as intelligent as u r or rather most of us who knows how to avoid being scammed according to advise from SPF.

scam rates here r known to be low compare to other country, then its quite logical to define TS such act as silliness or stupidity.

by branding it as such is a cautionary advise for others not to repeat such foolishness.

No one knows for sure.
Don't anyhow flame on things u dunno about lol. Flip has its risks.
It can go either way for anyone.
I needed police help to get a $200 pre-order item a few years back.

They respond when they see police report...else will ignore me more. Shiat happens. Nothing new.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.