[BREAKING] Civil servants get 1.1 month year-end bonus, highest in eight years!

125xnoob

Reaction score
Exactly. To me when I heard they will receive 1 mth bonus, I was like isn't that the norm. What's the big hooha? Not as if it's 6 mth bonus. 1 mth still lose out to private sector a lot. I am beginning to think if some people here are really so loser mindset that they get jealous and sour over 1 mth bonus.

bbfa is loser one :(

diminishin

Reaction score
Exactly. To me when I heard they will receive 1 mth bonus, I was like isn't that the norm. What's the big hooha? Not as if it's 6 mth bonus. 1 mth still lose out to private sector a lot. I am beginning to think if some people here are really so loser mindset that they get jealous and sour over 1 mth bonus.
Aws - 1 month
Mid year - 0.35 month
Year end - 1.1 month
Perf bonus - 6 month
Salary adjustment 12%
Promotion up 25%

Adds up lei

runforyourlife

Reaction score
Actually different news outlets describe it differently.
Today Online counts 13th month as bonus, while CNA describe it otherwise. So you can roughly tell the inclination of each paper.

Anyway, a lot of companies these days distribute 13th month into the monthly salary already.
Doesn’t matter what they categorize.

it only matters what your company categorizes.

mcylo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my nephew late 20s just got married, worked at cpf customer service for 5years, manage to obtain loan quantum of 400k++ even when his spouse is housewife with zero tax declaration

made me wonder if their package is really fat or what
This type is Low level cs. Pay not high de

BrOwnTeddy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if customer service in hdb or cpf board can hit 4k plus or not?
Tiagong below.

the more dispensable ur role is/can be automated away one, hire u is give u face. Not owe u a job.

once go in, better start thinking and working towards making urself indispensable or get rotated to a higher level job.

stay there 20yrs doing the same job = u are fooked. One fine dandy day, u will realize that u are professionally ghosted when ppl stop calling u for meetings and stopped including u in team professional outings and lunches.

BrOwnTeddy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aws - 1 month
Mid year - 0.35 month
Year end - 1.1 month
Perf bonus - 6 month
Salary adjustment 12%
Promotion up 25%

Adds up lei
These 3 off already. promotion don't jump 25% one.

pb also off.

dunno where u get ur figures frm one

BrOwnTeddy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my nephew late 20s just got married, worked at cpf customer service for 5years, manage to obtain loan quantum of 400k++ even when his spouse is housewife with zero tax declaration

made me wonder if their package is really fat or what
Loan quantum depends on many factors. Savings, years of employment, pay, industrial sustainability, TDSR, current liabilities, etc.

if u had bought a flat before, u'd had known. Esp before 2nd appointment.

How can u not know that?

achorn1984

Reaction score
They dont earn alot in the first place. For real. Talking about CS ground people, not those Super scale people.

Private sector pays better. But problem is most people here in low paying jobs, little bit only sour liao.
Need to open eyes.
Please bro, a teacher earns how much ah... around 10 years close to 5 digit already maybe?

Onvalwar

Reaction score
U will be surprised how much per annum public sector people are getting. Easily 100k pa. Not comparable to MNCs but the amount not small also

wheyprotein

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Exactly

Actually I’m expecting at least 2-3 months bonus for civil servants because Singapore’s exited so smoothly from the pandemic

As if there’s no pandemic

No mass death

No healthcare collapse

No funerals overwhelmed

No silly lockdowns like China

wanabfit

Reaction score
Loan quantum depends on many factors. Savings, years of employment, pay, industrial sustainability, TDSR, current liabilities, etc.

if u had bought a flat before, u'd had known. Esp before 2nd appointment.

How can u not know that?

i know the factors, and based on my understanding of his financial situation, it sparked my curiosity of his package after this thread came up

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.