BTO 2019 FEB - Official Thread

michelleyu

Reaction score
mark

what is Pros and Cons for WP/Kallang bto?
if get bad number, want to give up, whether it is consider as 1 time?

bugis78

Reaction score
Any1 know how to cancel the bto application ah ?

I wamma chage size for the tengah

I cancel before. I went to toa payoh to cancel my application due to location not suitable

I scared to loose my one chance.

pjwonderland

Reaction score
Not sure how jialat the traffic noise is, I only know that Jalan Boon Lay is a very busy road at all hours of the day. If you check the map, and follow Jalan Boon Lay all the way to the end, you will be in Jurong Island. The other end of Jalan Boon is Jalan Bahar, which leads to PIE.

You can expect to see many company buses, public buses (to and from Boon Lay interchange), industrial vehicles and cars using Jalan Boon Lay.

I used to live opposite river valley high school. I feel the chocolate smell is not that bad. But the noise from mrt is quite bad.

jerichoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a good location. 7mins LRT ride to Sengkang. One LRT stop to Seletar Mall. Cut through the park in between High Park Residences & Parc Botannia to reach Jln Kayu. Private condo people paying 1.3 million for a 3-bedroom while HDB pay 400k for 4-room.

Too good to miss!

The moment an LRT is needed to get to mrt ish a no no

Peak hr take LRT is a nightmare

Randompasser

Reaction score
Hey all!:s12:
Was unsuccessful for Tampines Nov 2018 bto.

Looking at applying for Kallang/Whampoa next.

What are some of the pros and cons?

Saw that its between hospital and temple those this affect anything? :s11:

sgdevilzz

Reaction score

I've stayed at that area growing up. I can say the location next to the hopistal/temple is a busy junction. Will Jam abit during peak hours. Noise level for sikh temple is mimimal. Hospital is more for the elderly rehabilitation/recovery (when i last visited in 2009).

Walking distance to mrt entrance is just across the road towards south. (tapping gantry area need to walk more as the underground pass is a long path)

Lots of eating places from both towner road and bendemeer. With lots of shops for all kinds of things. A few bus stops ride to the nearest schools. (St andrews/bendemeer)

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The main con is the slim chance because it’s still going to be oversubscribed by 4-5x at least. And also the price is naturally higher.

Convenience in that area is very ideal if owners are working in cbd.

bugis78

Reaction score
Nowsdays it is very hard to find mid city like whampoa after the legendary bto Duxton. The resales value going to shoot like rocket after 5 years. It is too near to shenton way and bugis area.

Randompasser

Reaction score
I've stayed at that area growing up. I can say the location next to the hopistal/temple is a busy junction. Will Jam abit during peak hours. Noise level for sikh temple is mimimal. Hospital is more for the elderly rehabilitation/recovery (when i last visited in 2009).

Walking distance to mrt entrance is just across the road towards south. (tapping gantry area need to walk more as the underground pass is a long path)

Lots of eating places from both towner road and bendemeer. With lots of shops for all kinds of things. A few bus stops ride to the nearest schools. (St andrews/bendemeer)

Thanks! This was really helpful. Now just have to play the waiting game.

8zaoyu

Reaction score
what is Pros and Cons for WP/Kallang bto?
if get bad number, want to give up, whether it is consider as 1 time?

Give up after MOP, 2nd/3rd floor, also take if can get! If 1st First Timer (high allocation) If 2nd Timer, don't apply lah, waste $10 as if there are aren't elsewhere to apply!

mantou27

Reaction score
Can I just do a quick check, I've receive a number for Nov 2018 however, my number exceeded way far off and wasn't given an appt date
Can advise if in this case, when I apply for Feb BTO, am I still consider first timer?

Thanks

bugis78

Reaction score
You can still apply for new bto as long as you have not book a flat.

They will cancel all your applications once you book a flat.

Randompasser

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Kallang/whampoa sites are considered one of the few that will take shorter completion time?
:s11:

Twinkle Belle

Reaction score
I like Whampoa bto but seeing it sandwich between hospital and temple and I think the prices will be high, so won’t apply. Besides the plot of land is pretty small, need to be the architect design cos I see the new building of the hospital quite high I dont wanna to look into the wards if I stood near the window , just my tot.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.