BTO 2019 FEB - Official Thread

iphone1s

Reaction score
I am queue 867 for Kallang bto and today they send me sms ask me down for appointment to book flat on the 12 July. However they said if all taken up or ethnic quota unavailable they will let me know. Anyone know how high chance will I get to choose?

Anyone knows what constitutes rejecting your chance to select a flat?

Obviously if no more unit or no more ethnic quota, then it doesn't count.

But what about cases where only left with very few units or all low floors? What is the threshold?

Assuming there are 300 units for the room size of your flat being offered. HDB will usually dish out 3x the number of "tickets" for selection. This is also to buffer for those who have already chosen a flat.

1. Ethnic quota reach - you are literally lan-lan.
2. Assuming the location is so hot. level 2, front door facing carpark, room facing generator people also take, that means that it is unlikely you will get the unit. When I was selecting my flat, I noticed a consistent pattern. Since HDB gives out 3 times the queue numbers, if you are within the final percentile / the lowest percentile section, you can literally wait for another ballot. You would roughly know when you are tracking the units daily and you will have a feel if you are going to get the best unit from the lousiest batch.
3. Your HLE is messed up.

dance42001

Reaction score
I am queue 867 for Kallang bto and today they send me sms ask me down for appointment to book flat on the 12 July. However they said if all taken up or ethnic quota unavailable they will let me know. Anyone know how high chance will I get to choose?

You should still have some unit in the mid level available as for some reason the give up rate is quite high this time round until now around 89 ppl give up their chances.

By the way my queue is 545 going down on 28 June.

All the best future neighbor !!!

lemonfib

Reaction score
Where to get the information regarding how many ppl dive up?

You should still have some unit in the mid level available as for some reason the give up rate is quite high this time round until now around 89 ppl give up their chances.

dance42001

Reaction score
Where to get the information regarding how many ppl dive up?

Erm just use some math on the last queue number n deduct the number of flat available.......

example.
last queue call is 10
total flat 100.
number of available is 91.

so is 10 - ( 100 -91) = 1

So 1 ppl did not select.......

Is a math problem.

:D:D:D:D

lemonfib

Reaction score
Erm just use some math on the last queue number n deduct the number of flat available.......

example.
last queue call is 10
total flat 100.
number of available is 91.

so is 10 - ( 100 -91) = 1

So 1 ppl did not select.......

Is a math problem.

:D:D:D:D

Thanks:) I just realized the lastest queue no can be found in my hdbpage.

loli28

Reaction score
Any idea why the JW plot not many want? Cause Until now only 60 selected o.o

Last edited:

hazardhut

Reaction score
Any idea why the JW plot not many want? Cause Until now only 60 selected o.o
Near army base, near industry area, next to an empty plot that will have future development. Also further to mall compared to BLG.

Sent from Careeach HR using GAGT

loli28

Reaction score
Near army base, near industry area, next to an empty plot that will have future development. Also further to mall compared to BLG.

Sent from Careeach HR using GAGT

Ohh meaning the drop out rate is high? Cause from what I observed it has been a month but only like 60 selected. Or is it the appointments are going slow?
Thanks in advance!

Taofufa

Reaction score

Let us know wats the status tmr? Roughly how many left etc thx

durant035

Reaction score
kallang/boon keng at 534 closing today. my number is ~650. shouldnt be able to get even a unit at boonkeng on my appointment next thurs.

but i confirm can get a good unit at kallang. my gf is worried about that place as its quite near to lupsup and the amenities suck around that area.

but i dont want to give up an opportunity to get a good floor at kallang if future redevelopments turn out well there, plus location wise it really doesnt lose out to boonkeng by alot. heard that there is govt talk about moving lupsup totally out of geylang

havent heard much about any discussion at kallang here. any experts can advise if i should just give up the good floor or just take the kallang as my 2nd choice?

thanks in advance

FreshGradDays

Reaction score
kallang/boon keng at 534 closing today. my number is ~650. shouldnt be able to get even a unit at boonkeng on my appointment next thurs.

but i confirm can get a good unit at kallang. my gf is worried about that place as its quite near to lupsup and the amenities suck around that area.

but i dont want to give up an opportunity to get a good floor at kallang if future redevelopments turn out well there, plus location wise it really doesnt lose out to boonkeng by alot. heard that there is govt talk about moving lupsup totally out of geylang

havent heard much about any discussion at kallang here. any experts can advise if i should just give up the good floor or just take the kallang as my 2nd choice?

thanks in advance

I will say don't worry too much about the lupsap but more on the noose coming from the main road and expressway. If you want to collect keys earlier kallang is definitely a good choice.

Posted from PCWX using WTS: NEW Samsung S10+ & S10e

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.