Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went to Melt Cafe last night.

Cold seafood: Only the prawns and mussels were nice. Oysters weren't plump. Spanner crab and lobster were tasteless.

Appetisers: Fresh sashimi - salmon, tuna, octopus. For the salad section i think there were only three types of leafy veg. Breads were good according to others. I liked the antipasti especially the stuffed peppers. Beef salad was also good.

Cooked food: Lamb shank, spring chicken were nice. Stir fried beef was very salty. Veg dishes were also cooked well. Roast beef was very average, go for the beef at the bbq station instead. Didn't try the laksa which was said to be nice.

Indian food: The mutton (Laal Maas) was good. I prefer the indian food at Escape (One Farrer). Tandoori chicken, fish and lamb were so-so maybe because they were at room temp. Didn't try the freshly made naan (plain, butter, garlic).

BBQ station: only available on weekends. i would recommend the prawn, lamb and chicken satay. the rest like the beef, salmon, pork ribs, pork sausages and chicken were also not bad. many condiments to accompany the grilled food.

desserts: generally quite nice. special items included the home made marshmallows, truffles (two kinds but flavours weren't stated) and chocolate gelee with chocolate soil. cakes i liked were the red velvet, mango and one with choc ganache. bread pudding had a nice crust. the first waffle (freshly made at the station) i tried was overcooked but the second round was better. went well with the ice cream - choc was the best. kueh salat and nine-layer kueh were the only two types of nonya kueh available. didn't try the fresh juices. hot beverages included in the buffet but had to order from the wait staff.

30% off for UOB cards in March.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can check what kind of discounts you got?

My friend has cc with Palate Dining Privileges.

• 1 person dining – 15%
• 2 persons dining – 50%
• 3 persons dining – 35%
• 4 persons dining – 25%
• 5 to 20 persons dining – 20%

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Have you tried those penang buffets at penang place or york hotel? This is similar, but with a much bigger spread n they try to make it more 'international' by having prawns on ice, cheese, bread n salad etc. But you still dun get the intl buffet staples like sashimi, sushi, seafood on ice n carvery etc.

Some of my friends like it, some dun, so its mixed response to the food there. I personally like some of the dishes there.

It is not a good buffet, otherwise i will go there often ... but once in a blue moon, I will suddenly recall some of their dishes fondly n just feel like going back again ... its tat kinda of place =:p

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Toons, that 50% off is CC promo? Thanks!

Nope. Its Toons discount :s13: Its not a publicly available, so no point for me to reveal the detail.

You can buy voucher for princess terrace from groupon though. At least get a bit of savings compared to their normal prices.

sartorial

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope. Its Toons discount :s13: Its not a publicly available, so no point for me to reveal the detail.

You can buy voucher for princess terrace from groupon though. At least get a bit of savings compared to their normal prices.

hahaha okay now I know who to "jio" for food alr :s13:

Abide.

Reaction score
Any suggestions for a sunday lunch buffet? Budget 110 below per pax.

Seafood and international mix, preferably decent selection.

Am thinking of carousel again...

Omitted the line, melt the world and the edge (really wanna try this but out of budget)

Thanks!!:s12:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Toons anymore buffet you going ?

K bbq you not keen right?

I planning a dinner @ Carvery on either Mon 27 or Wed 29 Mar.

Will be 31 nett after promo. Can open up another 2 more slots if you're keen, but its 1 for 1, so need to find 2 pax :D

nexusRAGER

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Will be 31 nett after promo. Can open up another 2 more slots if you're keen, but its 1 for 1, so need to find 2 pax :D

where you see the 1 for 1?

saiyan2005

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wah carvery is meat heaven sia. So cheap 31 per nia?? Can sic wat cc??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.