Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

transparos

Reaction score
Came back from Edge.

Large variety of food, all pretty ok. The roast lamb was super tender and juicy.

Bad part is, there's a large crowd so food was depleted fast and they didn't replenish the same item, instead you got a different item. The salt crusted baked fish(forgot what fish) was gone in 2-3mins, then they brought out baked salmon but didn't change the food card so it still said salt crusted baked fish.

Same goes for the roast lamb on bone, but they brought out the normal roast lamb and it was still super tender and juicy.

Didn't try indian food, looked a bit too spicy for me. Deserts was great.

Crab was bad, rubbery texture. I didn't try the cooked ones but my mom and sis didn't like them either.

The live roast theatre(Edge calls their stations "theatres"), was bad. I asked for pork and lamb, they served it to my table and wooooo it was bad. Pork was tough, lamb was undercooked? The tendon or cartilage, whatever it is, I had so much trouble cutting it the server brought me a steak knife and even then, the meat was soft but extremely resilient and chewy if that made sense.

To their credit, that station was overwhelmed with orders so maybe they had to rush everything out but it was bad...

I really liked the seafood goulash, the lamb, the deserts, satay. Overall it wasn't bad, ambience was nice because we sat by the window and it started raining heavily with thunder, so it was cool.

Gonna start booking for Colony, maybe Christmas period.

What's the price? Any promo?

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Toons, was there foie gras at Clove when you went for the weekend dinner?

74604718_10206390795444169_4372810241050411008_n.jpg

72473331_10206390808284490_4790361223491223552_n.jpg

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any alacarte buffet lunch to recommend abt $35 per pax for Sunday lunch?

Peony Jade, Tungluk or Peach Garden @ Miramar? For me, the std all abt the same, but peach garden has unlimited fried soon hock and is slightly cheaper.

Do not go to cafe 2000, terrible food, bbq station serves all burnt food. Please go for others.

Yea, their bbq have to order at the start or end when there are less orders. Else the bbq tends to be burnt :s13:

1 good thing abt cafe 2k is their chef will re grill the carving before serving it to you. So their carving is served hot, unlike most other places. You can also request for it to be more well done. Actually other places also can ask the chef to grill or cook the carving/seafood. Normally they will accomodate your request, just tat cafe 2k auto offer :D

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a Saturday night buffet with seafood options (best to have both lobster and crab, oyster is not a must)

So far after went through Chope and Eatigo promotions, these are the few that are within my budget:

1) Clove
2) Cafe 2000
3) Marriott Cafe
4) Seasonal Taste

Any advise on which is better? And also any additional recommendations?:s12:

My ranking :-

Seasonal Taste (lobster + crab, no oysters)
Marriott (lobster + crab on Fri n Sat dinner. No oysters)
Clove (lobster, crab + oyster on Fri n Sat dinner)
Cafe 2k (veri long never go liao, i think they have crab n oysters on fri/sat dinner)

dfsm0738

Reaction score

Cafe 2k (veri long never go liao, i think they have crab n oysters on fri/sat dinner)
Thanks for the suggestions, end up I went to book Carousel :D Hope it worth the price tag.

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Marriott Cafe the Weekend Lunch Buffet.
Their refill was fast and their seafood section spread is good.
You can get quite good discount using Eatigo.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Marriott Cafe the Weekend Lunch Buffet.
Their refill was fast and their seafood section spread is good.
You can get quite good discount using Eatigo.

No fresh oysters right?

I was told no more even during dinner :(

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No fresh oysters right?

I was told no more even during dinner :(

I can't remember whether oyster available.
Last month just went there on Saturday Lunch.
But Crab and Lobster is there.

goodlife101

Reaction score
Even dinner also no fresh oyster. Only cook oyster and smaller than usual size. The most disappointing is there are no sashimi. Only salmon - raw, honey and smoked. Lobster and crab are there but some are rather salty.

edixian

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody tried hi-tea at hilton on sat? Reviews

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even dinner also no fresh oyster. Only cook oyster and smaller than usual size. The most disappointing is there are no sashimi. Only salmon - raw, honey and smoked. Lobster and crab are there but some are rather salty.

Cos MC always give 50% or 1-for-1 until quality drop like a rock :s22:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I went a couple of months back and i still find it pretty decent wor.

Anybody tried hi-tea at hilton on sat? Reviews

I think it's not bad. Got many food to eat. Not only dessert.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

Quality of food not bad. Quite a no. of savoury 'main course' dishes as Spidie said. You can refer to the menu here :-

https://www.hiltonsingaporerestaura...o-30-Nov-D9-Saturday-High-Tea-Buffet-Menu.pdf

However, i still prefer a normal lunch buffet given that the high tea price is around $42 nett based on current promo.

Last edited:

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Marriott Cafe Saturday lunch is $78++.
If used Eatigo discount 30% -50%, the spread is already quite worth it even without Oyster.
But if we are a die hard Oyster friend then I would suggest the J65 Jen Tanglin Sunday Brunch @ $58++

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.