Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
colony and carousel booked, cant get seats for 3 at 630pm :(

gonna try this Jen buffet instead. But there seems to be 2, Makan@Jen (orchard gateway) and J65 at Tanglin.

Which one is the recommended buffet?

I have tried the Sunday brunch @ J65 Jen Tanglin.
It is reasonably good food at $58++

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
colony and carousel booked, cant get seats for 3 at 630pm :(

gonna try this Jen buffet instead. But there seems to be 2, Makan@Jen (orchard gateway) and J65 at Tanglin.

Which one is the recommended buffet?

Well, jen is not in the same league as colony n carousel, but then again, the price will tell you tat :s22:

I prefer Makan@Jen > J65. The spread is smaller, but i find the food tastier. J65 has different themes on different nights though. More interesting in tat aspect? Btw, i am referring to dinner. I think i saw the menu for lunch @ J65 before n its pretty bad.

J65 Sunday brunch menu :-
https://www.hoteljen.com/uploadedFiles/HJTS_J65_Sunday_brunch_2019(3).pdf

J65 Lunch menu *yucks* :-
https://www.hoteljen.com/uploadedFi...site/HJTS_pdf_J65_Weekday_Lunch_Menu_2019.pdf

J65 dinner menu :-
https://www.hoteljen.com/uploadedFiles/J65 Aug - Nov Buffet Dinner Menu(1).pdf

Makan Fri/Sat dinner menu :-

Makan rest of time dinner menu :-
https://www.hoteljen.com/uploadedFi...ot Pot Grill and Chill Dinner Buffet Menu.pdf

Last edited:

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
Well, jen is not in the same league as colony n carousel, but then again, the price will tell you tat :s22:

I prefer Makan@Jen > J65. The spread is smaller, but i find the food tastier. J65 has different themes on different nights though. More interesting in tat aspect? Btw, i am referring to dinner. I think i saw the menu for lunch @ J65 before n its pretty bad.

J65 Sunday brunch menu :-
https://www.hoteljen.com/uploadedFiles/HJTS_J65_Sunday_brunch_2019(3).pdf

J65 Lunch menu *yucks* :-
https://www.hoteljen.com/uploadedFi...site/HJTS_pdf_J65_Weekday_Lunch_Menu_2019.pdf

J65 dinner menu :-

"spread is smaller but food is tastier", i remember saying the same thing for Lime @ ParkRoyal.

thanks, now i know to avoid both Jen's haha.

booked the Edge, will go for Colony another time.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"spread is smaller but food is tastier", i remember saying the same thing for Lime @ ParkRoyal.

thanks, now i know to avoid both Jen's haha.

booked the Edge, will go for Colony another time.

Edge also not in same league as Colony n Carousel :s13: though > then both Jens.

1 thing good abt Edge is the large variety of food. Really a lot of choices. Too bad you going on Sun. If you like spicy food, their current sichun theme (end on Sat) is not bad. When i went last Fri, they had spicy bullfrog, la zi chix, cold liang fen n those chinna mala grilled fish. King crab legs some good, some lousy. Do remember to try the rum choc! :love:

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
Edge also not in same league as Colony n Carousel :s13: though > then both Jens.

1 thing good abt Edge is the large variety of food. Really a lot of choices. Too bad you going on Sun. If you like spicy food, their current sichun theme (end on Sat) is not bad. When i went last Fri, they had spicy bullfrog, la zi chix, cold liang fen n those chinna mala grilled fish. King crab legs some good, some lousy. Do remember to try the rum choc! :love:

No choice, Colony and Carousel both fully booked, i think Carousel only has 8:30pm slots, gonna pass on that.

Sounds like not going on Sat is good cause i am pretty bad at handling spicy food.

In your opinion, what other buffets are in the same league as Colony and Carousel? I still have ample time to cancel booking.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No choice, Colony and Carousel both fully booked, i think Carousel only has 8:30pm slots, gonna pass on that.

Sounds like not going on Sat is good cause i am pretty bad at handling spicy food.

In your opinion, what other buffets are in the same league as Colony and Carousel? I still have ample time to cancel booking.

Melt? It's pretty good and if you go for weekend dinner, they have the outdoor BBQ option

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For me, Colony (Fri/Sat w grilled lobsters) n Carousel are overall the best buffets in SG. If $ not an issue, i will always recommend them. Of coz i only tried a bit of buffets nia. Those $100+ to $300ish sunday brunches n etc i can't comment liao coz i never try.

If there are certain specific requirements, eg, buffet w good wagyu, then maybe can consider 333's wed wagyu nites. If ambience, i like Clifford Pier but they currently serving only high tea buffet which i dun quite like.

Last edited:

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
Melt? It's pretty good and if you go for weekend dinner, they have the outdoor BBQ option

Been there before, the outdoor BBQ is sort of hidden. Only some paper signs and even then, it looked really shady.

Didn't really try anything from that section...

I like Melt, but i could be biased since i went during CNY.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been there before, the outdoor BBQ is sort of hidden. Only some paper signs and even then, it looked really shady.

Didn't really try anything from that section...

I like Melt, but i could be biased since i went during CNY.

Yea, the bbq stn is at this pavilion thingy outside in the garden area. Plus they dun serve to your table, so a bit troublesome to go out to order n then go out again to collect.

I only find their indian section not bad, the rest of the food forgettable. Nice choc cake though.

Hi Toons, was there foie gras at Clove when you went for the weekend dinner?

Yes, foie gras on mini beef steak. Normally foie gras served w some sweet + sourish sauce w bread, but the foie gras plus beef combo actually works too. Quite nice ... in fact its the highlight of the buffet :s13:

niap05

Reaction score
@toons

I saw that you managed to get vouchers to clove at 48 nett for a Sat dinner buffet. Can you share where to get it from pls?

Many thanks in advance!

dfsm0738

Reaction score
I am looking for a Saturday night buffet with seafood options (best to have both lobster and crab, oyster is not a must)

So far after went through Chope and Eatigo promotions, these are the few that are within my budget:

1) Clove
2) Cafe 2000
3) Marriott Cafe
4) Seasonal Taste

Any advise on which is better? And also any additional recommendations?:s12:

Aresden

Reaction score
I am looking for a Saturday night buffet with seafood options (best to have both lobster and crab, oyster is not a must)

So far after went through Chope and Eatigo promotions, these are the few that are within my budget:

1) Clove
2) Cafe 2000
3) Marriott Cafe
4) Seasonal Taste

Any advise on which is better? And also any additional recommendations?:s12:

Do not go to cafe 2000, terrible food, bbq station serves all burnt food. Please go for others.

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
Came back from Edge.

Large variety of food, all pretty ok. The roast lamb was super tender and juicy.

Bad part is, there's a large crowd so food was depleted fast and they didn't replenish the same item, instead you got a different item. The salt crusted baked fish(forgot what fish) was gone in 2-3mins, then they brought out baked salmon but didn't change the food card so it still said salt crusted baked fish.

Same goes for the roast lamb on bone, but they brought out the normal roast lamb and it was still super tender and juicy.

Didn't try indian food, looked a bit too spicy for me. Deserts was great.

Crab was bad, rubbery texture. I didn't try the cooked ones but my mom and sis didn't like them either.

The live roast theatre(Edge calls their stations "theatres"), was bad. I asked for pork and lamb, they served it to my table and wooooo it was bad. Pork was tough, lamb was undercooked? The tendon or cartilage, whatever it is, I had so much trouble cutting it the server brought me a steak knife and even then, the meat was soft but extremely resilient and chewy if that made sense.

To their credit, that station was overwhelmed with orders so maybe they had to rush everything out but it was bad...

I really liked the seafood goulash, the lamb, the deserts, satay. Overall it wasn't bad, ambience was nice because we sat by the window and it started raining heavily with thunder, so it was cool.

Gonna start booking for Colony, maybe Christmas period.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.