Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually buffet can do like that meh. I pay for the highlights then tell me no more. How can ?

They will prolly tell you its on rotation ... I will complain to their manager. If its highlight, then it should be available everyday. Can also call on the day to check if the item is available.

oh got foie gras? i love foie gras
i looked at the clove menu on the website but didnt see foie gras

It was previously in the fri/sat night dinner menu. However they had it when the guys went on a thu night :D

Thank Bros, I shall try Escape :s12:

Book via hungry go where for the 1 for 1 promo. Suckling pig in menu, but its 1 of 3 possible items n listed as 'rotation - 2 available daily' :s13:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Book via hungry go where for the 1 for 1 promo. Suckling pig in menu, but its 1 of 3 possible items n listed as 'rotation - 2 available daily' :s13:

I got "burnt" twice or was it thrice already - replaced with roast pork and roast chicken :s22:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lai lai lai, 2nd round of lohei!

Lohei 2020 round 2 on 02/02
So many many 2s, those looking for a partner must join us, confirm later can get a partner =:p

Date. 2/2/2020
Time. 12pm
Venue. Coleman Cafe @ Excelsior Hotel (beside Funan)
Price. $32 nett

Currently have 3 pax. Looking for more so that it will be more fun to lohei! :D Their food is okay, pretty decent for the price. Seafood wise they did not mention in the menu, but should have prawns n mussels on ice. At least they had it when i went on Sat n it was the same cny menu too.

Disclaimer: The menu below is for their CNY lunch spread but their staff told me this weekend still cny spread, n if 4 or more pax will still have yusheng.

9aeb3d91-0783-4eb0-9d91-1a7f86d24fa8.jpg

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What food is nice from the menu ?

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

I like the rice w waxed meats, steamed fish, pork ribs (sauce too sweet, but the meat quality not bad), ornee (too sweet but fragrant), durian paste, roasted pork n duck.

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The sashimi, pork coin and durian pengat were nice too. :s12:

Their cold seafood wasn't very nice, unfortunately. Especially the escargot and mussels.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The sashimi, pork coin and durian pengat were nice too. :s12:

Their cold seafood wasn't very nice, unfortunately. Especially the escargot and mussels.

The prawns still okay bah?

The nice thing abt having yusheng at buffets is the free flow sashimi :D Literally 年年有鱼, n its 很多很多鱼. Salmon, tuna all okay!

This time round must do a deluxe version n see wat other stuff we can throw in!

Lai lai, still looking for another pax to get 4 paxs.

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The prawns still okay bah?

The nice thing abt having yusheng at buffets is the free flow sashimi :D Literally 年年有鱼, n its 很多很多鱼. Salmon, tuna all okay!

This time round must do a deluxe version n see wat other stuff we can throw in!

Lai lai, still looking for another pax to get 4 paxs.

Yes, prawns still quite nice. :s12:

PikachuOh

Reaction score
Hi guys anyone got any recommendations for good seafood buffets budget below 50??? planning to feast with my friendss:) thanks all $40 below also can hehe

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys anyone got any recommendations for good seafood buffets budget below 50??? planning to feast with my friendss:) thanks all $40 below also can hehe

Top up few dollars, Vienna is about $50+. Not bad with free flow red wine. :o

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, someone else also recommended vienna. if leave out the red wine, is it still worth paying 50+?

Yeah the spread is actually quite good. If you're near United Square, you can just pop by to have a look. They have teppanyaki, sashimi, crabs, herbal soup, seafood and great dessert bar with all sorts of cakes. :s12:

http://pixeltreats.blogspot.com/2017/01/vienna-international-seafood-teppanyaki.html

^ This is a good review.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Spidie

Reaction score
Still I dun like Vienna. It's a mess in there. One of the worse place for buffet. Lousy environment and ambience. More like a market. Not worth the price in my opinion.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

minamikaze

Reaction score
Buffet was really filling. Thanks for organizing. :s13:

How can buffets not be filling :p
By the way, are there any regular or semi regular buffet meetup groups? My pool of friends who are into buffets is getting smaller and smaller as we get older...

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How can buffets not be filling :p
By the way, are there any regular or semi regular buffet meetup groups? My pool of friends who are into buffets is getting smaller and smaller as we get older...

Got - contact toons :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.