Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No idea. Can't make it. I can only certify if its edible or not. For the gold std certification, must ask Carey :s13:

Wah tio suaned :sad:

I very chin chai one leh...hahah

How was Sun Cafe? :o

richey

Master Member
Reaction score
No idea. Can't make it. I can only certify if its edible or not. For the gold std certification, must ask Carey :s13:

Lol!! I see. Wah we have edible iso, gold std iso here!! Haha!

Anyway i shared $2.80 cai png. Go check it out

etoilebiscuit

Master Member
Reaction score
i went to cjxlb buffet yesterday. standard (steamboat) drop like ****, service drop like ****. sians 1/2.:(:(

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How was Sun Cafe? :o

Its so so imo. Quite like the sambal squid, chin chow as well as the porkie salad. Their signature laksa though ... i dun understand y the so called signature items tend to suck =:p

Do you believe that they actually serving swenson ice cream??? Lucky Kahlan eyes sharp sharp. The yam one is nice with bits of yam in it.The grade of the ice cream dun match with the grade of the buffet :s13:

i went to cjxlb buffet yesterday. standard (steamboat) drop like ****, service drop like ****. sians 1/2.:(:(

Cjxlb buffet is sucky imo even yrs back when i tried. Steamboat cmi ... xlb cmi ... timing also cmi ... dunno y its still so crowded.

etoilebiscuit

Master Member
Reaction score
Its so so imo. Quite like the sambal squid, chin chow as well as the porkie salad. Their signature laksa though ... i dun understand y the so called signature items tend to suck =:p

Do you believe that they actually serving swenson ice cream??? Lucky Kahlan eyes sharp sharp. The yam one is nice with bits of yam in it.The grade of the ice cream dun match with the grade of the buffet :s13:

Cjxlb buffet is sucky imo even yrs back when i tried. Steamboat cmi ... xlb cmi ... timing also cmi ... dunno y its still so crowded.

i think the xlb is okok la, the rest like - -, nvm, this fri gg xjn. 1 week 3 buffets fat ttm.

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Nanxiang Steamed Bun Restaurant (Bugis Junction) Dim Sum High Tea Buffet (3pm - 5pm on weekdays; 2:45pm - 4:15pm and 4:15pm - 6:15pm on weekends & public holidays)

Complimentary Soup Bun (1 for each pax)

Freshly prepared when ordered, Xiao Long Baos (available with meat or vegetable). One of the better items IMO.

There's also spicy and sour soup, century egg porridge, shanghai fried rice, fried noodle, etc.

Dessert & assorted fruits

The spread isnt huge and the quality of food in general is average, though the xiao long baos and the soup bun are quite decent. However, given the promotional offer of $16.90 (qoo10) for each pax (not including condiments, tea, service charge and GST), it is quite value-for-money.

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The spread isnt huge and the quality of food in general is average, though the xiao long baos and the soup bun are quite decent. However, given the promotional offer of $16.90 (qoo10) for each pax (not including condiments, tea, service charge and GST), it is quite value-for-money.

Thanks for the feedback. How much is the total nett price per pax?

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
Nanxiang Steamed Bun Restaurant (Bugis Junction) Dim Sum High Tea Buffet (3pm - 5pm on weekdays; 2:45pm - 4:15pm and 4:15pm - 6:15pm on weekends & public holidays)

Qoo10 - [EARLYBIRD PROMO] Only $16.90 (Usual:$35.60) for Xiao Long Bao Dim Sum... : Dining / Café

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Kindly Note that $16.90 is for the items listed in the Buffet Menu and is EXCLUSIVE of GST/Service Charge, Pickles, Towels and Beverages.
Pickles, Towels and Beverages are optional and are payable to the merchant upon redemption.

one the review:

Actual price paid was S$22.24+ per pax. $16.90 was only for the food. Cost of Beverages, towels, appetizers (unless you opt that out) are charged seperatedly and on top of that service charge and GST , all payable at the restaurant. So if you are purchasing this voucher because S$16.90 seems cheap, you should take the full cost into consideration.S$22.24 is without the appetizer by the way. The variety is VERY limited.The pictures on the advertisement is very misleading because besides the szechuan sweet and sour soup, the rest of the items shown (in the pictures) were not included in the buffet. And not all the 20 items listed (in words) were available. The food was just satisfactory (although I was a little disappointed with the garden salad and fruit platter)..it didn't really seem fresh - the dragon fruit was sour and the rock melon seemed overly ripe. P.S I have been to this restaurant 4 times before this visit and I find the quality of this buffet falls short of the usual standard .Nonetheless, their staff were prompt and I was quite pleased when they allowed me to make a reservation on the day itself, because it was a last minute decision to drop by.

lucky optional for those 3. but wait for reply on his nett charges

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
As mentioned above, it depends on what u order. For a pot of jasmine tea (unlimited), condiments (achar and peanuts+ikan billis), service charger + tax it comes up to around $25 nett/pax.

Forgot to mention, their chicken wings are awesome!

Last edited:

cattwl7

Master Member
Reaction score
Thought about the same at Clementi...hahah

The SSK lady is there now - she used to be at the TP branch

Anyway, someone told me Rocku quite good (but think it's not Korean BBQ but Japanese)...hahah

There's one at Bedok Point. Ssik sin. Same concept. DiffereNt company? Blog reviews look good. ~15 for lunch w drinks.

Last edited:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Heng you all went with very low expectations...hahah

Can't remember the sambal squid - probably didn't try cos it was out (they replenish quite slow)...

Wah - got Swenson ice cream - good or not? Hahah

Anyway, the nonya kuiks were terrible - hard, tasteless except for sugar :eek:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.