Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went for XJN buffet tonight. very understaffed today.we had to wait around 20 mins for a table despite having a reservation. that said, service was still good.

Heard these 2 nights quite full. But the food still came quite fast right? Hate waiting for food :p

How's the new custard bun? Got 流浓? :D

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heard these 2 nights quite full. But the food still came quite fast right? Hate waiting for food :p

How's the new custard bun? Got 流浓? :D

the wait for food was still acceptable.

they were out of custard buns by the time we wanted to order them.

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, first time i hear they can run out of items. Thanks. We must order it fast then =:pIf they tell me outta of xlb, i flip table liao :p

Any nicer item to recommend?

for the new dishes we only tried the crispy prawn (which I didn't eat) and the two fish dishes.

the sauteed fish fillet would probably be nicer if served hot.

shui zhu yu so-so only compared to those i've eaten elsewhere.

for me, their best dish is still the hong shao rou.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we were told that we would be able to get the same deal on our next visit by simply producing our receipt without having to purchase the vouchers.

Was told that before as well by a few establishments but didn't want to risk it in case they don't honour what they said...hahah

An aside - I had a terrible experience at Barossa last Monday...

Went there for their meat buffet as a walk-in and they refuse to serve us even though we intend to pay full price (they would only offer the buffet to those with vouchers)...

Damn stupid siah :s8:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, first time i hear they can run out of items. Thanks. We must order it fast then =:pIf they tell me outta of xlb, i flip table liao :p

Any nicer item to recommend?

Wah lao, make me gian...I have to work until damn late on Wed :sad:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone else wanna join us on wed for XJN?

New Loves @ XJN

Date: Wed 5 Nov
Time: 6.45pm onwards
Loc: XJN @ Marina Square
Price: $19.90 voucher (exc ++), so total $25 nett with free flow tea ($1++) n wet towel ($0.30++)

XJN is back again with new dishes! :love:
For pics n comments, click here.

Click here to check out voucher n menu.

Participants
1. Toons
2. Dennyz
3. Claypot
4. Striker22 (own voucher)
5. duriand24
6. innumerabilis (own voucher)
7. robincheok (own voucher)
8. prayer
9. lengbebe
Vouchers settled for all except those bring their own.

---------------------------------------------------

Divine Dinner Buffet At Peony Jade Clarke Quay

Date: Tue 18 Nov (confirmed)
Time: 6.45pm onwards
Loc: Peony Jade @ Clarke Quay
Price: $32.22 nett (voucher with 10% discount). There will be a separate charge for tea/water ($2.50++) n wet towel ($0.50++). So total will be $35.80 nett. Thanks Shalome for the info.

Click here to check out the voucher n menu.

Participants
1. Toons
2. Gas 1
3. Gas 2
4. Gas 3
5. Robincheok
6. duriand24
7. Striker22
8. natureview02
Vouchers bought for all.

---------------------------------------------------

Reservations all made.
I will create a watsapp grp for each outing 1 day b4. If you dun wanna be in. Let me know hor.

Last edited:

Snokey

Master Member
Reaction score

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone got any recommendations of lunch deals for buffet steamboat?

i checked through groupon, deal.com and qoo10 and the more value for money ones seems to be the below 2
$19.90 NETT For Momiji Shabu Shabu Buffet First Collagen Hotpot Restaurant; Indulge In Collagen Goodness, Nutritious & Flavorful Broth All In A Pot! - More Than 100 Of Varieties To Eat (Valid For Both Weekday & Saturday Lunch) | DEAL.com.sg - Best De

I will suggest the momiji one although i have not tried their steamboat buffet before. Their dinner buffet quite decent.

Another i would recommend is Sukiya. If you like beef, you can also consider Shabu Sai.

xberri

Reaction score
I will suggest the momiji one although i have not tried their steamboat buffet before. Their dinner buffet quite decent.

Another i would recommend is Sukiya. If you like beef, you can also consider Shabu Sai.

i second sukiya :s12:
cheap, nice and convenient (evrywhr also hab)

waiting for moar buffet outing! :s12: :D

nexusRAGER

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any nice buffet around hougang , ang mo kio and Seragoon ? nex one i tried before liaos ..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.