Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shalome thanks for the special discount. Toons and Robin thanks for organising.

Yea, thanks Robin n Shalome.

Some pics :-

Meh Meh ... nice. The leftover carcess a bit grotesque though ... :eek:
PcFOEwY.jpg

Porchetta of Sucking Pig Roast ... gib me our cantonese suckling pig anytime. This one is dry n the skin not crispy. Dun like.
VZnnGoC.jpg

srgm8eq.jpg

Beef ribs ...
nWRLC9B.jpg

Huge rib which we 'stole' when the chef is busy cutting the lamb for someone. The raspberry there for scaling. Its really a large n thick piece of meat ...
R9cajKX.jpg

The first piece actually quite juicy, but i guess it dried up in the aircon, so this slab is dry. :eek:
0dBZP8M.jpg

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tiffany cafe?

Furama Sq > Tiffany. Both also got 1 for 1. Tiffany is like a lousier halal version of square imo. Unless you really really like durian paste, then maybe Tiffany (Note - Tiffany's durian paste is pretty decent, but i dun consider it very good cos its not pulpy n can also do with more durian).

Reaction score

Yea, thanks Robin n Shalome.

Some pics :-

Meh Meh ... nice. The leftover carcess a bit grotesque though ... :eek:
PcFOEwY.jpg

Porchetta of Sucking Pig Roast ... gib me our cantonese suckling pig anytime. This one is dry n the skin not crispy. Dun like.
VZnnGoC.jpg

srgm8eq.jpg

Beef ribs ...
nWRLC9B.jpg

Huge rib which we 'stole' when the chef is busy cutting the lamb for someone. The raspberry there for scaling. Its really a large n thick piece of meat ...
R9cajKX.jpg

The first piece actually quite juicy, but i guess it dried up in the aircon, so this slab is dry. :eek:
0dBZP8M.jpg

WOW....make me hungry. where is this place pls?

mrmrmr

Reaction score
Furama Sq > Tiffany. Both also got 1 for 1. Tiffany is like a lousier halal version of square imo. Unless you really really like durian paste, then maybe Tiffany (Note - Tiffany's durian paste is pretty decent, but i dun consider it very good cos its not pulpy n can also do with more durian).

Thanks for the reply guys! How does it compare with Cafebiz, Spice Brasserie, Cafe Mosaic? Used to think cafebiz was pretty good... but the reviews arent very favourable recently.

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bros..any review for lunch buffet at cafe mosaic? Sorry this thread too many pages to read.. :crazy:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WOW....make me hungry. where is this place pls?

Sunday brunch @ Checkers Hilton Hotel

Thanks for the reply guys! How does it compare with Cafebiz, Spice Brasserie, Cafe Mosaic? Used to think cafebiz was pretty good... but the reviews arent very favourable recently.

Err, i dun like the hot dishes at Cafebiz. Seafood for the Fri n Sat dinner okay, but its only 3 for 2 on those nights.

Bros..any review for lunch buffet at cafe mosaic? Sorry this thread too many pages to read.. :crazy:

Went there abt 3 yrs back. Din return cos not impressed with their spread. If you try n its nice, pls let us know. Thanks.

xberri

Reaction score
Went to try Shinkei @ TPY a couple of days back.
Despite having favorable reviews online, the food is rly mediocre at best...
Damage close to $50/pax. For this price, I'd rather head down to Senki @ Killiney Road.
At least there got quality. Will neverrrrrrr return again.

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

There is some pretty stuff but really nothing much to eat or anything nice. I will give it 3/10 assuming the 1 for 1 offer is on.

The ambience is ok for big gatherings. Place is very spacious. That's how the generous 3 points come about.

I like the spread at Cafebiz but nothing really fantastic either. I would say the overall quality is above average and decent though. More worth it when you go during promo.

ps - I notice most online reviews, whether good or bad, don't really sync with my personal experience. Whether you like a place or not, it is somewhat subjective.

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
welcome toons and kahlan. the lobster photos seemed to be missing :(

anyway just want to ask any plans for any christmas outing or upcoming buffets?

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to try Shinkei @ TPY a couple of days back.
Despite having favorable reviews online, the food is rly mediocre at best...
Damage close to $50/pax. For this price, I'd rather head down to Senki @ Killiney Road.
At least there got quality. Will neverrrrrrr return again.

I thought I gave a pretty negative review here? Hahah

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
welcome toons and kahlan. the lobster photos seemed to be missing :(

anyway just want to ask any plans for any christmas outing or upcoming buffets?

Cos Robin ate them up faster than i can take the pics :D
No lar, i just take a couple of pics with my hp nia. Even the thick thick 4grass i also did not take.

Errr, i dun like christmas spread, simi turkey, log cakes ... yucks. I'm prolly just stick with XJN n korean bbq for Dec. Cheaper too, cos they prolly dun increase price for Christmas ... hopefully :s22:

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
Cos Robin ate them up faster than i can take the pics :D
No lar, i just take a couple of pics with my hp nia. Even the thick thick 4grass i also did not take.

Errr, i dun like christmas spread, simi turkey, log cakes ... yucks. I'm prolly just stick with XJN n korean bbq for Dec. Cheaper too, cos they prolly dun increase price for Christmas ... hopefully :s22:

aiyo.. robin why gobbled so fast and toons why so slow? :D
no lar. you asked me what pictures i wanted so i thought you would deliver. been anticipating. so sad you disappointed me. :(

hmm, not necessarily need to be christmas theme. the main objectives are to check if to see if i am free to join, eg. pend any dates , esp the christmas period.
and some wen and what xi one .. seems to be interested to join outings so i came to check.

haha toons, buffetlicious part 6 already.. i knew you dislike christmas theme buffets as you mentioned. ;)

did you actually tried the korean bbq at orchard central yet? the ocbc discount one.

etoilebiscuit

Master Member
Reaction score
aiyo.. robin why gobbled so fast and toons why so slow? :D
no lar. you asked me what pictures i wanted so i thought you would deliver. been anticipating. so sad you disappointed me. :(

hmm, not necessarily need to be christmas theme. the main objectives are to check if to see if i am free to join, eg. pend any dates , esp the christmas period.
and some wen and what xi one .. seems to be interested to join outings so i came to check.

haha toons, buffetlicious part 6 already.. i knew you dislike christmas theme buffets as you mentioned. ;)

did you actually tried the korean bbq at orchard central yet? the ocbc discount one.

tiagong food ok only leh shalome, for the oc one.

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Toons and Shalome, have you been to Forrest Sunday Brunch in recent months? Still worth it to go?

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is some pretty stuff but really nothing much to eat or anything nice. I will give it 3/10 assuming the 1 for 1 offer is on.

The ambience is ok for big gatherings. Place is very spacious. That's how the generous 3 points come about.

I like the spread at Cafebiz but nothing really fantastic either. I would say the overall quality is above average and decent though. More worth it when you go during promo.

ps - I notice most online reviews, whether good or bad, don't really sync with my personal experience. Whether you like a place or not, it is somewhat subjective.
Then I don't wanna go already as online reviews are quite negative as well. Maybe that's why they give promo to attract diners. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.