Buyer's Guide II: Extreme, High-End, Mid-Range, Budget, and Entry Level Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesismyname

Reaction score
Hi guys, reconstructing my previous post.

I'm getting a new cpu this week. What my new cpu needs is a, good processor like i5/AMD, Good Graphic Card and so on. The games I play are CODmww, L4D, Red alert3, WoW, WE2011/Fifa2011, Need For Speed and Internet surfing/Photoshop. Hoping to use ultra high setting or high setting in all the games stated above.

The monitor I have now was recently bought from challenger at 229$, it's a LG led 22 inch monitor. I don't have the model codes with me now as I'm outside.

My budget: 1.3k with Window 7 but Excluding Monitor, Speakers and Mouse.

I'm hoping to maximize my budget of 1.3k to get a really Good Processor/Motherboard/Graphic Card which can last me like a long time.

Pardon me for being long-winded as this is my first time getting a DIY cpu and I'm a real noob with technology.

Thanks alot, your help is appreciated.

Felfirez

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, reconstructing my previous post.

I'm getting a new cpu this week. What my new cpu needs is a, good processor like i5/AMD, Good Graphic Card and so on. The games I play are CODmww, L4D, Red alert3, WoW, WE2011/Fifa2011, Need For Speed and Internet surfing/Photoshop. Hoping to use ultra high setting or high setting in all the games stated above.

The monitor I have now was recently bought from challenger at 229$, it's a LG led 22 inch monitor. I don't have the model codes with me now as I'm outside.

My budget: 1.3k with Window 7 but Excluding Monitor, Speakers and Mouse.

I'm hoping to maximize my budget of 1.3k to get a really Good Processor/Motherboard/Graphic Card which can last me like a long time.

Pardon me for being long-winded as this is my first time getting a DIY cpu and I'm a real noob with technology.

Thanks alot, your help is appreciated.

CPU+MB: Intel Core i5-2500k + Asrock P67 Pro3 $455
HSF: Xigmatec Gaia $39
RAM: Kingston 1333mhz CL9 Ram 2x4GB $52
GPU: Leadtek GTX560ti OC 1gb $308
HDD: Hitachi 7K1000.C 1TB $64
ODD: Sony 24x DVDRW $29
PSU: FSP Aurum 500W $115
CASE: Fractal Design Core 3000 $99
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit [OEM] @ $112

Total $1273 Prices from PCThemes.

strife2

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My pc just died on me, and I'm looking for a replacement pc build. I foresee using the new rig for intensive online gaming (eg wow, and d3 when it releases). Maybe some video editing and photoshopping, routine word processing and huge amount of dwnlding plus net surfing.

I'm Also keen in tri monitor screen (so I can see the game surrounding on 3 monitors), which would be otherwise used for multi tasking when not gaming.

Tentative budget (flexible. Cheaper is better of coz ^_^) is < 2k for system and mayhap 700ish for the monitors. Preference in blue black system.

Can any kind hearted bro help?

Thanks a bunch!

Felfirez

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My pc just died on me, and I'm looking for a replacement pc build. I foresee using the new rig for intensive online gaming (eg wow, and d3 when it releases). Maybe some video editing and photoshopping, routine word processing and huge amount of dwnlding plus net surfing.

I'm Also keen in tri monitor screen (so I can see the game surrounding on 3 monitors), which would be otherwise used for multi tasking when not gaming.

Tentative budget (flexible. Cheaper is better of coz ^_^) is < 2k for system and mayhap 700ish for the monitors. Preference in blue black system.

Can any kind hearted bro help?

Thanks a bunch!

Just use the same config as recommended plus a change in ram for that Blue/black combi.

RAM: G.skill 1333mhz CL9 Black PCB 2x4GB $56
GPU: Leadtek GTX560ti OC 1gb $308

Total $1277 Prices from PCThemes.

Optional
PSU: Seasonic M12ii 620w $119
I'm rather hesitant on giving the Aurum as its gold/yellow but I prefer higher efficiency. Your call.
HSF: Xigmatec Colosseum $79
A nice HSF with an internal blue LED fan. Chose gaia for pricing. Again, your call.
CASE: Lancool k62wb $169
A pricey casing with blue LED fan. Good airflow too, and easy to clean front and top panels.

Monitor wise, 700 is quite a budget. Maybe you wanna go to the monitor forum and get advices there. :)

Felfirez

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your recommendation! 700 is for 3 monitor though :p

Oh my bad. Edited.

RAM: G.skill 1333mhz CL9 Black PCB 2x4GB $56
GPU: Sapphire HD6950 Dirt 3 Edition 1gb $315
DSP: Dell U2311h x 3 $747

Total $2031 Prices from PCThemes.

I think Dell is replacing the u2311h with u2312. It's now on offer at 249.

strife2

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks again! Just a couple of queries:
Shud I b going for i7 instead? Cuz my current dead rig lasted me for approx 4 yrs, so thinking along the same line or my new rig...
Mmmm how about ssd?
Psu wise would 500 b enough? Supporting 3 monitors and all those hw inside... Would it support future expac? (like potentially an extra soundcard or smth)
The gfu is able to support 3 monis right?
Appreciate your advice, cheers!

hopelessnoob

Reaction score
i was just wondering, in general how worth it are those PC bundle's advertised in their price lists?
Also, if i ask shop in SLS to custom build for me how should i check that everything is put properly and that they give me all the wires etc back.
Also, any reccomended build at about 1200-1400 which will be used mostly for games like diablo III and SCII and mabye newer games. Aim to last for about 3 years? Thanks (i am very new to this :D)

Felfirez

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks again! Just a couple of queries:
Shud I b going for i7 instead? Cuz my current dead rig lasted me for approx 4 yrs, so thinking along the same line or my new rig...
Mmmm how about ssd?
Psu wise would 500 b enough? Supporting 3 monitors and all those hw inside... Would it support future expac? (like potentially an extra soundcard or smth)
The gfu is able to support 3 monis right?
Appreciate your advice, cheers!

i7 doesn't do much to improve on gaming. A year or so you can overclock your CPU to squeeze more out of it.

That psu isn't gonna power your monitors. They go to separate power sockets so get an multi plug extension. If you want to upgrade to a better card in the future, get the FSP Aurum 600w PSU for $20 more.

Yes the GPU can support 3 monitors.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/737-GPU-7-Howtoconfiguremultiple.aspx

Felfirez

Master Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering, in general how worth it are those PC bundle's advertised in their price lists?
Also, if i ask shop in SLS to custom build for me how should i check that everything is put properly and that they give me all the wires etc back.
Also, any reccomended build at about 1200-1400 which will be used mostly for games like diablo III and SCII and mabye newer games. Aim to last for about 3 years? Thanks (i am very new to this :D)

Did you scroll to other pages in this thread before posting? There are countless similar builds already been recommended.

Vostro1200

Reaction score
I was wondering why MSI P67A C45, it seems to have pretty good features and one of the reasonable priced P67 boards around? Does it have any known issues or anything?

Felfirez

Master Member
Reaction score
I was wondering why MSI P67A C45, it seems to have pretty good features and one of the reasonable priced P67 boards around? Does it have any known issues or anything?

Care to list down a comparison with other reasonable priced boards? Especially with Biostar, Asrock and ECS?

strife2

Master Member
Reaction score
would it do any good for me to have SSD installed in my rig?

also i am thinking about including a tv tuner + recorder inside my pc.

any recommendations? :D

Last edited:

Vostro1200

Reaction score
Care to list down a comparison with other reasonable priced boards? Especially with Biostar, Asrock and ECS?

Actually, I was comparing it with Asrock P67 Pro3 though. it is slightly cheaper. So maybe it has some flaw or something???

rahul49

Master Member
Reaction score
Between Gigabyte Z68A-D3-B3 Xfire /U3S6/GB board and Gigabyte Z68XP-UD, isnt Z68P better bargain? Its only 10$ expensive but has LucidLogix Virtu GPU Virtualization technology which can effectively shut down the external GFX card and use the onboard GPU when not doing any graphics heavy activity like browsing. Will save a lot of power and noise !

WhatsYourWish

Reaction score
Between Gigabyte Z68A-D3-B3 Xfire /U3S6/GB board and Gigabyte Z68XP-UD, isnt Z68P better bargain? Its only 10$ expensive but has LucidLogix Virtu GPU Virtualization technology which can effectively shut down the external GFX card and use the onboard GPU when not doing any graphics heavy activity like browsing. Will save a lot of power and noise !

Using a program to shut down?

hwzadmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear members, please take note that this thread is now closed due to its huge size. A new thread has been automatically generated for your continued discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.