Buying electronic from yodobashi online store

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Haonan san,

thanks again for your advice. Lens wise I am not sure but since you mentioned, its def worth a look when I go over.

Thanks!:D

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on my understanding (which may not be valid now), only Canon cameras have English menu. The rest are only in Japanese.

Most cameras should be cheaper than here. For lenses, all of them are cheaper there by quite a large margin. MapCamera also sell 2nd hand lenses that goes even cheaper and the condition is great too.

wayfinder2012

Reaction score
Based on my understanding (which may not be valid now), only Canon cameras have English menu. The rest are only in Japanese.

Most cameras should be cheaper than here. For lenses, all of them are cheaper there by quite a large margin. MapCamera also sell 2nd hand lenses that goes even cheaper and the condition is great too.

I bought Nikon camera bodies from Japan (once from Yodobashi & once from Nikon Outlet) b4 and the staff asked me whether I wanted the menu settings in English or Chinese, and then she adjusted for me.

wayfinder2012

Reaction score
Forgot to add on that camera and lens prices in Japan tend to be cheaper than Singapore but still abit more expensive than another Asian country. The best part abt camera shopping in Japan is that I get to try as many times as I want without getting dirty looks from the sales staff.

vincent007

Reaction score
Forgot to add on that camera and lens prices in Japan tend to be cheaper than Singapore but still abit more expensive than another Asian country. The best part abt camera shopping in Japan is that I get to try as many times as I want without getting dirty looks from the sales staff.

You mean Hong Kong?

leroce

Reaction score
No dirty looks but quite often I set off the alarm buzzer carelessly while playing the camera usually from lifting the camera up to my eye level.
Very malu paiseh need the staff to run over and switch alarm off

Kirakun83

Master Member
Reaction score
No dirty looks but quite often I set off the alarm buzzer carelessly while playing the camera usually from lifting the camera up to my eye level.
Very malu paiseh need the staff to run over and switch alarm off

Lol... Same as me... I juz stayed calm n wait for the stuff to come. But I really like yodobashi camera store, where I can test all cameras n lenes unlike Singapore camera stores n electronic stores as I dun wan to say.

Bluebird33

Reaction score
Guys if I buy speakers from yodobashi can i test on the spot to see whether it is working or not before shipping back via ems?

yunie_

Reaction score
Guys if I buy speakers from yodobashi can i test on the spot to see whether it is working or not before shipping back via ems?
bro, i guess you can always do that. again, please double check with the guy if the product can be used in Singapore. Voltage differences.

wwwsquallcom

Reaction score
Hi Haonan

I am looking to Zeiss Sony SEL1670Z too and can't find the price on Fujiya and it seem that mapcamera is not selling it.

Anyway you can locate the link in Fujuya.

By the way do they have a outlet in Osaka

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just curious.

I'm looking to buy some G Shock watches, Nike Flyknit shoes as well as some tech stuffs.

Presently, BIC Camera and Yodobashi Camera is known to me as one of the places to shop.

My questions will be:

1. If i were to get the Yodobashi Card (from my friend), can I combine with the return of Sales Tax?
2. Does Casio and Nike stores offer Return of Sales Tax on the spot?

Thanks~ :)

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Haonan

I am looking to Zeiss Sony SEL1670Z too and can't find the price on Fujiya and it seem that mapcamera is not selling it.

Anyway you can locate the link in Fujuya.

By the way do they have a outlet in Osaka

Hi wwwsquallcom, just happened to see your PM message you left for me but seeing as to how you have posted your lense inquiry on this thread as well, for the benefit of other fellow forumers who may be interested in purchasing camera lenses from the above-mentioned stores that offers tourist tax refund, I have decided to post my follow-up reply on this thread instead so hope you don't mind.

Regarding your Zeiss SEL1670Z inquiry, right now the lowest SRP based in JP while ignoring the earlier prices posted on the 1st page (as my original post was posted back in 2014) I have already done some cross-checking for you from each respective store via both MapCamera and Fujiya, the latter store should have the lowest prices right now after including the 8% tourist tax refund which the finalised price should be 77,096JPY. (the 83,800JPY pricing you see reflected on Fujiya's online store is with tax included)

Just FYI, MapCamera's latest pricing for SEL1670Z as shown provided in the links above is at 80,334JPY after excluding the 8% tax, so yes you should definitely head to Fujiya Camera located at Nakano Broadway mall to purchase your Zeiss SEL1670Z during yr upcoming trip. :)

All prices mentioned above for both Fujiya & MapCamera stores are referring to 新品 aka brand new products only, not referring to their 中古商品 or Chukou shohin (aka used products). Just clarifying it here in case you are worried I was quoting their used product prices which both Fujiya/MapCamera also have a separate outlet for those as well.

Hope the above info helps.
:o

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just curious.

I'm looking to buy some G Shock watches, Nike Flyknit shoes as well as some tech stuffs.

Presently, BIC Camera and Yodobashi Camera is known to me as one of the places to shop.

My questions will be:

1. If i were to get the Yodobashi Card (from my friend), can I combine with the return of Sales Tax?
2. Does Casio and Nike stores offer Return of Sales Tax on the spot?

Thanks~ :)

Hi Cesario, to give a short but definite reply to your previous 2 inquiries since I have friends in Japan as well, for question 1 that would be a big no. It is well-known that Yodobashi's Point card is only valid/applicable for their Japanese citizens or Zairyu residents (aka long-term residents) so you can plainly ignore what lapucelle had posted previously on page 1 of this thread.

Even if somehow you manage to show/borrow your friend's Point card during point of purchase/payment at the counter, while you will get the relevant points rebate accumulated as according to the product's given points rebate (in percentage), I am absolutely sure you won't be able to claim for the usual 8% tourist tax refund or combined coupons rebate at all together under the same scenario.

For question 2, so far I only have personal experience with regards to Casio G-shocks being purchased at normal departmental stores (Tokyu Hands/Odakyu etc) and Yodobashi/Bic Camera merchant outlets. Tax refund is usually done immediately on the spot during point of payment at counter, but if you have doubts you can always approach and ask their relevant sales staff, this matter should be quite easy to confirm even if you happen to have lack of japanese conversational skills so it is nothing major to worry about.

For Nike related stuffs, unfortunately I can't help you with this so hopefully someone pops in soon to answer your enquiry. Hope the above helps.

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Cesario, to give a short but definite reply to your previous 2 inquiries since I have friends in Japan as well, for question 1 that would be a big no. It is well-known that Yodobashi's Point card is only valid/applicable for their Japanese citizens or Zairyu residents (aka long-term residents) so you can plainly ignore what lapucelle had posted previously on page 1 of this thread.

Even if somehow you manage to show/borrow your friend's Point card during point of purchase/payment at the counter, while you will get the relevant points rebate accumulated as according to the product's given points rebate (in percentage), I am absolutely sure you won't be able to claim for the usual 8% tourist tax refund or combined coupons rebate at all together under the same scenario.

For question 2, so far I only have personal experience with regards to Casio G-shocks being purchased at normal departmental stores (Tokyu Hands/Odakyu etc) and Yodobashi/Bic Camera merchant outlets. Tax refund is usually done immediately on the spot during point of payment at counter, but if you have doubts you can always approach and ask their relevant sales staff, this matter should be quite easy to confirm even if you happen to have lack of japanese conversational skills so it is nothing major to worry about.

For Nike related stuffs, unfortunately I can't help you with this so hopefully someone pops in soon to answer your enquiry. Hope the above helps.

Hi Haonan哥 thanks for clarifying.

Next part will be paying via Visa and by MasterCard. I was reading some around and I heard paying by MasterCard might actually be more worthwhile. Is that true?

huhu84

Master Member
Reaction score
Was there last week, bought a few apple watch back. Paid via visa additional 5% off.. So the 5% is good enough to offset the bank charges...

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does Fujiya Camera has an outlet in Osaka?

Nope, as far as I understand Fujiya Camera only operates in Tokyo Prefecture, just beside JR Nakano Station/Nakano Broadway shopping mall. Here is their doorway entrance picture just in case you have difficulty hunting for their store outlet upon arrival at Nakano. Upon alighting at JR Nakano just follow yr way to North exit entrance, their shop are located just one block beside the station. (JR中央線 中野駅 北口徒歩1分)

http://www.fujiya-camera.co.jp/2015taxfree.shtml

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.