Buying electronic from yodobashi online store

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Haonan哥 thanks for clarifying.

Next part will be paying via Visa and by MasterCard. I was reading some around and I heard paying by MasterCard might actually be more worthwhile. Is that true?

Hi Cesario, regarding payment via MasterCard I am not really that aware of that. According to my knowledge, seems that Yodobashi shopping policy for foreigners has always geared towards UnionPay/Visa cards only, for that extra 5% off on-top of the usual 8% tourist tax refund.

You can also try to check out Bic Camera's chinese webpage, they do have coupons available at the bottom of the webpage which allows foreigner tourists to claim for additional 5% off as well. So if your items happen to be retailing cheaper at Bic Camera store outlets, it may be worthwhile to get yr items from Bic instead of Yodobashi using the mentioned coupon.

Do also check Bic Camera's Taiwan Facebook pg as well, they tend to upload better coupons there from time to time.

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Cesario, regarding payment via MasterCard I am not really that aware of that. According to my knowledge, seems that Yodobashi shopping policy for foreigners has always geared towards UnionPay/Visa cards only, for that extra 5% off on-top of the usual 8% tourist tax refund.

You can also try to check out Bic Camera's chinese webpage, they do have coupons available at the bottom of the webpage which allows foreigner tourists to claim for additional 5% off as well. So if your items happen to be retailing cheaper at Bic Camera store outlets, it may be worthwhile to get yr items from Bic instead of Yodobashi using the mentioned coupon.

Do also check Bic Camera's Taiwan Facebook pg as well, they tend to upload better coupons there from time to time.

Looks like a great idea to start off. At least I know where I'm heading now. :)

Honestly I've got no idea what to buy, but I know what I need when I step into Yodobashi Camera! :D

Based on your experience, anything worthwhile to get there?

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great idea to start off. At least I know where I'm heading now. :)

Honestly I've got no idea what to buy, but I know what I need when I step into Yodobashi Camera! :D

Based on your experience, anything worthwhile to get there?

Lol, there's quite alot of stuffs you can buy/audition at Yodobashi and Bic Camera outlets, don't fool yourself Cesario. ;) Not sure if you still remember but we have met before once at Jaben store back in late-2013, where I met you, Victor and Vincent for the first time. I'm obviously into Audio/Photography like you as well, fellow HWZer Mach3.2 also shared with me before some stories about you too via those photography outing sessions and I also know you used to own the FitEar F111 twice as well.
:s13::s13:

Well I don't usually buy my Audio gears from Yodobashi/Bic outlets, there are actually better places for those. But Yodobashi/Bic is indeed a great spot to test out various camera lenses and photography accessories that I am contemplating to purchase, before I usually make my way over to MapCamera/Fujiya Camera for that final purchase.

Feel free to hit me up with a PM or something, I can share with you more next time over coffee if you would like to know more hehe.
:o

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol, there's quite alot of stuffs you can buy/audition at Yodobashi and Bic Camera outlets, don't fool yourself Cesario. ;) Not sure if you still remember but we have met before once at Jaben store back in late-2013, where I met you, Victor and Vincent for the first time. I'm obviously into Audio/Photography like you as well, fellow HWZer Mach3.2 also shared with me before some stories about you too via those photography outing sessions and I also know you used to own the FitEar F111 twice as well.
:s13::s13:

Well I don't usually buy my Audio gears from Yodobashi/Bic outlets, there are actually better places for those. But Yodobashi/Bic is indeed a great spot to test out various camera lenses and photography accessories that I am contemplating to purchase, before I usually make my way over to MapCamera/Fujiya Camera for that final purchase.

Feel free to hit me up with a PM or something, I can share with you more next time over coffee if you would like to know more hehe.

Hahaha that's really embarrassing lah.. :crazy:

If you don't mind maybe can meet up on Sat. I've been trying to convince myself to not get crazy over shopping and focus on enjoying My entire trip.

But I know on my first day, the wallet must bleed. :s13:

wwwsquallcom

Reaction score
Nope, as far as I understand Fujiya Camera only operates in Tokyo Prefecture, just beside JR Nakano Station/Nakano Broadway shopping mall. Here is their doorway entrance picture just in case you have difficulty hunting for their store outlet upon arrival at Nakano. Upon alighting at JR Nakano just follow yr way to North exit entrance, their shop are located just one block beside the station. (JR中央線 中野駅 北口徒歩1分)

http://www.fujiya-camera.co.jp/2015taxfree.shtml

Oh no I am not going Tokyo this time. Only to Osaka and southwards. Guess I have to settle at BIC.

Kirakun83

Master Member
Reaction score
Sry to hijack the thread. In osaka or tokyo where to buy cheap aviator gshock?

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yodibashi has 10% discount of u pay by credit card. This is in addition to the tax rebate for qualifying items. Buy direct from the store more wuhua

wwwsquallcom

Reaction score
Yodibashi has 10% discount of u pay by credit card. This is in addition to the tax rebate for qualifying items. Buy direct from the store more wuhua

The credit card discount is more of less to offset the credit card admin charges and exchange rate. Will not really see significant saving here.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I am still looking around for a price that match Fujiya Camera in Tokyo for Sony lens SEL1670Z. Any other local shop I can go see with tourist tax rebate. I can pay in cash.

Sadly no lobangs to share already. Based on my prev shopping experiences and search currently only Fujiya-Camera / MapCamera offers the best pricing in terms of camera lenses if you are talking abt 新品 goods, and afaik based on Kifo's provided link from my understanding, Yaotomi only sells 中古商品 goods that's all, they do not stock any BNIB lenses. Based on my understanding you seem to be only looking for BNIB sets of the SEL1670Z so I did not comment further.

I originally wanted to suggest you to check out Camera no Kitamura, here's their link to SEL1670Z product pg but from what I have seen, their in-store prices are still more expensive compared to both Fujiya-Camera/Mapcamera in Tokyo so I did not share with you in the first place.

But since you are heading to Osaka anyway, maybe you would like to check out their Namba City shopping mall outlet and take a look. (check the for the exact address details under 店舗検索 for their exact address, they are located on Basement Lvl 1 of the mall's South building fyi) And yes just in case you are wondering, Camera no Kitamura also has 8% foreigner tax rebate too as long as you show yr passport at the payment counter, price is 78,016 JPY after tax refund.

Uh did you even read through this thread discussion in the first place? Would suggest you to kindly find out first Yodobashi's in-store camera lenses prices for each respective model you are looking at, and try to compare with those prices found at Fujiya-Camera / MapCamera respectively. Based on my humble understanding as a fellow camera hobbyist, even if you add in Yodobashi's default 8% foreigner tax rebate plus their Visa 5% rebate promotion offer, their camera lense prices are typically still more expensive than the above-mentioned 2 dedicated camera stores.
:s22::s22:

wwwsquallcom

Reaction score
Thanks haonan, the price for Camera no Kitamura is good enough for me already. I no need to look further.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks haonan, the price for Camera no Kitamura is good enough for me already. I no need to look further.

Don't be too happy first, suggest you to make some backup plans in terms of purchasing yr SEL1670Z. The reason I ask you go check out their store first when you are there, is because according to their SEL1670Z product page, their order pg info shows that 納期約2週間 which means they do not have the lense in-stock, and will take ard 2 weeks period to procure physical stocks from their regional distributors after placing a successful order. Seems that they might be just a small stockist in terms of physical stocks, they don't keep large quantities of popular camera lense models which I would say is pretty normal for a typical small camera store these days according to my observation.

Did a cross-checking via Kakaku.com earlier just now, and indeed under the 在庫目安 information it does show that Camera no Kitamura store may take up to 10 working business days after successful order for them to deliver. Things could be different if you drop by in-store to do a purchase though, so not all hopes are lost.

Good luck with yr camera lens purchase!

wwwsquallcom

Reaction score
Thanks I thought it is ready stock. Anyway I can email them to ask them to order first so that it is available on my arrival and I can still use the tourist tax rebate?

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks I thought it is ready stock. Anyway I can email them to ask them to order first so that it is available on my arrival and I can still use the tourist tax rebate?

You can always try to email them in japanese if you are interested, but no gurantee they will reply you. I went past Camera no Kitamura quite a few times during my JP travels last yr while I was in Osaka, but I wasn't sure whether they are one of those recognised stores that offers tax-free policy and registered with JNTO, so I did a check just now via JNTO's website via this link, and found out both their Namba City store outlet and the one located at Umeda (only sells and buys in 中古商品 only) does offer tax-free refund for foreigner tourist.

You can always try to do a search yourself around Osaka region, using the JNTO website to see which Osaka-based stores are tax-free recognised stores based on the website information. Hope the above helps.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=998246

Did a simple search on Clubsnap and the results yielded above thread for information on Osaka-based camera stores. Based on JNTO's website information I can confirm Camera no Naniwa (カメラのナニワ) is also one of those JNTO-recognised stores that offers tax-free refund for foreigners. Might wanna check them out too to see what are their ongoing prices, could be a good backup plan/alternative in case you can't get actual stock for the SEL1670Z from Camera no Kitamura Namba City when you are over there, and if Yodobashi's prices happen to be too wallet-unfriendly for yr pocket.

Cheers!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.