Can Netgear Satellite Work when Main Router is in AP Mode?

ahsiao80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking to place the TP Link router i got from MR in my DB box (With WIFI off) and set my current ORBI Router in AP mode. Just wondering if the ORBI Satellite Ethernet Backhaul function will still work in this case or do i have to go about doing any settings for it to work?

Thanks!

xiaofan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Looking to place the TP Link router i got from MR in my DB box (With WIFI off) and set my current ORBI Router in AP mode. Just wondering if the ORBI Satellite Ethernet Backhaul function will still work in this case or do i have to go about doing any settings for it to work?
Thanks!
It should still work.
You need to follow this guide.

ahsiao80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It should still work.
You need to follow this guide.

Thanks Xiaofan, can i check in this setup, will the Ethernet Backhaul Function for my Satellite works if its connected to my TP Link router now is via the DB box lan ports?

xiaofan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks Xiaofan, can i check in this setup, will the Ethernet Backhaul Function for my Satellite works if its connected to my TP Link router now is via the DB box lan ports?
I believe it will work.
But please confirm with Netgear Singapore support if you want to make sure.

ahsiao80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe it will work.
But please confirm with Netgear Singapore support if you want to make sure.

Managed to complete setting up my ORBI main router as AP and it still work with my Satellite under Mesh Mode. However, when i tried to connect my Satellite via the lan port to my router in the DB box, it doesn't seems to work. I guess ORBI's Satellite maybe can't function like an AP similar to its main router.

Anyone can advice if i were to change my setup to a full ASUS setup, will the router in my DB box able to talk to both unit in 2 different location via Ethernet Backhaul?

TIA!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.