Can order from lesser and lesser restaurant in GrabFood app

nubitol

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time can order from "Ayam Penyet Ria", "Ayam Penyet President", "Dapur Penyet", and now those restaurants disappear or when click will say too far from my place

It's weird, those restaurant is only 2-3 MRT stations away, how come such distance also don't want to cover? Then only available for order within how many km? 1 MRT station?

nubitol

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it is slowly defeating the concept of food delivery

when distance is about 5-7km, they will not want to deliver, only covering 1-4km, some shop even stated Islandwide, when order also will have issue, sometimes the restaurant just disappear from the app list

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it is because the restaurants all are busy with dine-in. they dont want to serve Grab. imagine long orders than a grab order come in and said drivers arriving in X minutes, it will screw up the whole kitchen.
even my house downstairs KPT, they said not delivering to my area.

nubitol

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it is because the restaurants all are busy with dine-in. they dont want to serve Grab. imagine long orders than a grab order come in and said drivers arriving in X minutes, it will screw up the whole kitchen.
even my house downstairs KPT, they said not delivering to my area.
i see... because now can dine in already...

after seeing covid surge, i decided for delivery but seems still many people dine in

DW

Master Member
Reaction score
Grab usually has the highest delivery fees compared to food panda and deliveroo

Kunkka

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

when distance is about 5-7km, they will not want to deliver, only covering 1-4km, some shop even stated Islandwide, when order also will have issue, sometimes the restaurant just disappear from the app list
Petrol price shot up

nubitol

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Grab usually has the highest delivery fees compared to food panda and deliveroo
yeah, even though their delivery fees is high still many times i am unable to find a driver willing to deliver

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ya , 5-7km is Abit far man. Even for motorbike

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.