Can use Google Offline Map on Car Navigation

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
My car navigation map is outdated and it costs a few hundred to update it.
1. Can use Google Offline map on the Android Head Unit?
or
2. More troublesome ... use Android Auto app. Need to connect phone to car stereo.

Any tip is much appreciated. Thanks.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
My car navigation map is outdated and it costs a few hundred to update it.
1. Can use Google Offline map on the Android Head Unit?
or
2. More troublesome ... use Android Auto app. Need to connect phone to car stereo.

Any tip is much appreciated. Thanks.
Use Google map map on your phone if you think it's troublesome. Just buy a holder only.

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use waze, phone holder, bluetooth connect to HU

police reported ahead ..

whatsapp-921341267b5349f600d8abfcd5d07d6d.png

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use CarPlay, plug in and sit on holder. Easy peasy.

darkmilk

Reaction score
Why Google maps don’t have speedometer like Waze? Otherwise, it will be perfect.

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Google map sometimes leave you stranded on some roads that divide into 2 - 3 ways. They dun have that prompt that say keep left or right, have to quickly look at map to determine which way.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why Google maps don’t have speedometer like Waze? Otherwise, it will be perfect.
It's a map application for walking, cycling and driving. Waze is a more holistic application for road traffic, driving, car navigation and reporting accidents etc... different application use.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to use CarPlay? Must have some sort of dongle or the head unit must already come with the dongle?
Must have CarPlay/Android Auto hardware installed, if your ride is within like the past 2-3 years, it should already have.

greythorne

Reaction score
Must have CarPlay/Android Auto hardware installed, if your ride is within like the past 2-3 years, it should already have.
Ok. Guess mine is out of luck already. My ride is from 2015. But if i want CarPlay or AA how do i get it?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok. Guess mine is out of luck already. My ride is from 2015. But if i want CarPlay or AA how do i get it?
Online platform tons of it. $300+ set can get a 4/32 spec liao. Installation another $80-$100. Wah la.... you are good to go.

SteviaCoffee

Reaction score
I am using waze and I feel it is more updated than Google maps. Like what others said, just need grab a phone holder will do

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Name a few la. I see too many dont know which one to go also.
Shopee or Lazada.
You saw liao then decide go for it lor. See too many liao oso confusing for yourself. Budget and spec you want. Check for compatible or need additional bracket.
Don't want headache, then head straight to your trusted audio accessories shop lor.

lowveld

Master Member
Reaction score
Waze definitely better and more driver friendly. Supports offline nav too.

Daty41

Master Member
Reaction score
Waze...will tell u where the police are....trust me...if only i had Waze when i......

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.