Canberra: Is it the new ghost town of Singapore?

mrclubbie

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
If the flats are not built so close to one another, still can accept

Vulpix

Reaction score
You guys can call it 不三不四 or slum but thousands of people call it home.

I guess you guys very satki stay in Sentosa or Oxley Road hahaha. :s13:

Yes actually the distance between Sembawang and Yishun MRT station is not very far so this Canberra MRT Station is really a blessed bonus for its residents.

But but according to focus1974 a slum will always be a slum. ... limited land or not and perhaps with MRT station or not. :s13:

I really wish I was able to pick the flats closer to the station... My East Delta like very far from the station. :(

Sainté

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I really wish I was able to pick the flats closer to the station... My East Delta like very far from the station. :(
ED is “premium” flat in this area la. Full length window for living room, 3/4 for bedrooms. The other project all don’t have this luxury. By the time you move in everything will be up and running liao.

Vulpix

Reaction score
ED is “premium” flat in this area la. Full length window for living room, 3/4 for bedrooms. The other project all don’t have this luxury.

Huh? I checked the prices and mine is the cheapest of the bunch leh. :s11: How come premium but cheaper?

Sainté

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh? I checked the prices and mine is the cheapest of the bunch leh. :s11: How come premium but cheaper?
Not exactly premium BTO, but ED is different from the rest of the bunch with regards to the window length.

Cos when you chose the unit that time, still no amenities in the area. Look at it from another perspective, you got it cheap lor.

I also ballot for ED but got crappy no.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Not exactly premium BTO, but ED is different from the rest of the bunch with regards to the window length.

Cos when you chose the unit that time, still no amenities in the area. Look at it from another perspective, you got it cheap lor.

I also ballot for ED but got crappy no.

Ah shucks, we could have been neighbors. :( I wasn't very particular about window length, it wasn't a factor when I balloted for ED. It was because I wanted to be closer to my in-laws... :s13:

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tot canberra sobf still alot, my friend stay 106 there the whole floor only like 2 family stay the rest not even renovate yet

Sainté

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah shucks, we could have been neighbors. :( I wasn't very particular about window length, it wasn't a factor when I balloted for ED. It was because I wanted to be closer to my in-laws... :s13:

The upside is that, your unit will have a unique selling point should you ever decide to put it up for sale in the future.

Downside is that, good luck with the cleaning!

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Distance is 800m.

Nothing is worst than clementi shiathole

Depends which part of Clementi. Those distance within 100m of Clementi MRT station have good rental prospects. If I have bullets surely will whack those old flats. The older the better because you have bargaining power. By the way I am not property agent. Only a punter. :s13:

The upside is that, your unit will have a unique selling point should you ever decide to put it up for sale in the future.

Yes full height windows are a good selling point with 'condo' feature but pay HDB price only.

Wonder if there's still any at Eastlink?

Eastlink I best liao. Macam 'condo' but pay HDB price. Downstairs is 'mall' and opposite of road is MRT Station. :s13:

Anyway no matter what sure have some Slumberra or Yislum haters. Those who travel overseas frequently will most likely agree that the 'slumiest' part in Singapore is also better than many 'atas' places in nearby countries. :D

Last edited:

Vulpix

Reaction score
Distance is 800m.

Depends which part of Clementi. Those distance within 100m of Clementi MRT station have good rental prospects. If I have bullets surely will whack those old flats. The older the better because you have bargaining power. By the way I am not property agent. Only a punter. :s13:

Yes full height windows are a good selling point with 'condo' feature but pay HDB price only.

Eastlink I best liao. Macam 'condo' but pay HDB price. Downstairs is 'mall' and opposite of road is MRT Station. :s13:

Anyway no matter what sure have some Slumberra or Yislum haters. Those who travel overseas frequently will most likely agree that the 'slumiest' part in Singapore is also better than many 'atas' places in nearby countries. :D

Actually from Yishun go Changi airport more convenient than from Slum Lay. :(

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Distance is 800m.

More like 700m, even the furthest corner of east delta is within 750m of the mrt station. 7-10mins of walking depend on how fast you walk.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How abt eastcrown?

200-500m? Depending on which block. Eastcrown is just behind eastlink, location wise is quite good, not beside the noisy mrt line but quite near to train station. Only thing bad is the blocks are rather close.

qhong61

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
200-500m? Depending on which block. Eastcrown is just behind eastlink, location wise is quite good, not beside the noisy mrt line but quite near to train station. Only thing bad is the blocks are rather close.
Which blk are close?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.