Discussion on Canberra estate, in northern Singapore

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alamak you see the URA Master Plan 2014 will roughly know liao. :s13:

There are 3 plots of land reserved for schools.

E = Educational Institution

4j8dhf.jpg
What is the yellow plot of land next to eastcrown for?

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alamak you see the URA Master Plan 2014 will roughly know liao. :s13:

There are 3 plots of land reserved for schools.

E = Educational Institution

4j8dhf.jpg

Alamak, I asking which one is 小学 or 中学. The URA Map I see don’t know how many times already lor, but no indication.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Slumberra

Maybe master plan 2019 might convert from educational to residential.
Build more hdb or condo...

Impossible! You think URA is prata king? :s13:

If Singapore's policies and laws keep prataing like our ASEAN bros do you think Singapore can be the 'Zurich' of the east?

What is the yellow plot of land next to eastcrown for?

I am also wondering. Stated as reserve site. Can be of any use when URA decides upon it. :D

Bus interchange quite unlikely. My guess is commercial mall most likely. Eastlink I and Eastcrown will benefit most if that reserve site is marked for commercial usage in the future.

Those land plots on the side of Canberra MRT Station with lower plot ratios are private residentials.

How come URA never put east delta?:(

This URA Master Plan 2014 image is edited by me. I put in the estate names and MRT Station names. It is an old image I done up in 2014 so certain newer estate names are not included.

In 2014 I accurately predicted the exact location of Canberra MRT Station before LTA's official announcement. :s13:

Last edited:

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eastlink I @ Canberra

Eastlink I is the best estate to stay in Canberra.

Your cost is public housing price but ammenities is mixed-use condo category minus the facilities. :s13:

Last edited:

Vulpix

Reaction score
Impossible! You think URA is prata king? :s13:

If Singapore's policies and laws keep prataing like our ASEAN bros do you think Singapore can be the 'Zurich' of the east?

I am also wondering. Stated as reserve site. Can be of any use when URA decides upon it. :D

Bus interchange quite unlikely. My guess is commercial mall most likely. Eastlink I and Eastcrown will benefit most if that reserve site is marked for commercial usage in the future.

Those land plots on the side of Canberra MRT Station with lower plot ratios are private residentials.

This URA Master Plan 2014 image is edited by me. I put in the estate names and MRT Station names. It is an old image I done up in 2014 so certain newer estate names are not included.

In 2014 I accurately predicted the exact location of Canberra MRT Station before LTA's official announcement. :s13:

How come the MRT like perpendicular to the canal? Is it really that near the longkang? That time pass by didn't feel like it.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canberra MRT Station

How come the MRT like perpendicular to the canal? Is it really that near the longkang? That time pass by didn't feel like it.

It was a rough estimate I did then. Cannot be so accurate until to the exact dimensions right? I am not LTA employee ok. :)

This is the exact location.

Anyway the selling point for Canberra estate is the MRT Station otherwise it is a pain in the ass to get to this area.

Last edited:

Oni_Sim

Reaction score
Anyway there will b a integrated community sports and fitness development comprising indoor sport hall, Swimming pool , polyclinic , child / senior care and hawker center at Sembawang road . And everyone is aware car will b getting more and more expensive , therefore in my opinion is good to stay near to e MRT but am jus worried the infrastructure can’t support the population. However it happen in every part of Singapore . There is nothing special about Sembawang. Moreover Singapore is such a small country , it wouldn’t get u hours and hours to travel to another side of the country. Don’t understand why ppl keep saying is far from everywhere . Sembawang is in between busy town like woodland and Yishun So Jus enjoy the quietness while you can .

Last edited:

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moreover Singapore is such a small country, it wouldn’t get u hours and hours to travel to another side of the country. Don’t understand why ppl keep saying is far from everywhere. Sembawang is in between busy town like woodland and Yishun So Jus enjoy the quietness while you can.

Most Singaporeans really frog in a well. In some countries some people can commute 1-2 hours one way to/fro work.

The only time when Singapore is more spacious is during first 2 days of Chinese New Year. The 1 million FTs and Malaysians returning home for holidays really makes a difference to personal space enjoyment. :s13:

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Slumberra

Slumberra residents your big ang pow will be ready for collection in 2022! :s13:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Most Singaporeans really frog in a well. In some countries some people can commute 1-2 hours one way to/fro work.

The only time when Singapore is more spacious is during first 2 days of Chinese New Year. The 1 million FTs and Malaysians returning home for holidays really makes a difference to personal space enjoyment. :s13:

And also locals going aboard for holidays...

Anyway regarding the spacious part, not so. The neighbourhood may be but not transport. I still rmb last year CNY when I was taking the MRT, I thought I was a tourist in overseas.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Slumberra During Chinese New Year

And also locals going aboard for holidays...

Anyway regarding the spacious part, not so. The neighbourhood may be but not transport. I still rmb last year CNY when I was taking the MRT, I thought I was a tourist in overseas.

Slumberra is really a ghost town on the first day of Chinese New Year! Today I spotted more Banglas than residents. :s13:

A little update about Slumberra.

Canberra MRT Station probably 40% completed.

Both Eastlink I and Eastlink II roof completed. 11 floors. Eastlink I exterior walls half painted and Canberra Plaza 50% completed. Eastlink II exterior walls painting 90% completed. I think can TOP in 6 months time.

Everything is moving very fast. Once Canberra MRT Station opens in 2019 it will change the game dramatically. If within 500m of walking to MRT Station is still ok for uncle like me. If more than that a bit tired haha. Eastlink I residents will be the closest to MRT Station. Less than 100m. :s13:

Dropped by Yislum and I must say amenities confirm better than Slumberra with the new Northpoint City Mall. Today its F&B shops are doing a roaring business. North Park Residences will also TOP 2018.

Last edited:

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Posting on behalf of Oni_Sim.

Oni_Sim said:
Jus to share with you guys or perhaps u all already know e details well for NSE.
Take a close look at the entry and exist point. Canberra is jus 3 mins away from the expressway..... with the bonus of the MRT around, Sembawang development is definitely getting better. I should say Singapore development instead. So everyone HUAT YA!!!

https://www.lta.gov.sg/data/apps/news/press/2011/NSErampsrev2-1.pdf

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Opposite 115 is building what ah? Got this fenced up construction near the bus stop OPPO east creek

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows what they building opposite eastlawn? The Canberra crescent road there...

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually I dun mind ghost town, peace.

miss the time when my flat area is new, now all ceca and pinoy

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.