Discussion on Canberra estate, in northern Singapore

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Iced kopi $1.50 small glass, $2.20 big glass really sibei huat. Weekend morning easily 10-15pax queue all the time.

Kanasai so expensive! This coffeeshop is located at which block?

By the way is the foodcourt at EastBrook (Blk 105) open already?

Last edited:

ITedge

Reaction score

Yes this is the coffeeshop at 105. Is already opened.
Coffee shop selling at air con foodcourt prices
Now there are 3 coffee shops in Canberra. Take your pick.

Last edited:

bwaysaigan

Banned
Reaction score
Where is this Canberra place located??
Near pongol or Seng kang?
Posted from PCWX using ****

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That's the huat one I am talking about, blk 105. The other 2 have much lesser crowd.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's because most neighbourhood coffee shops deliver the drinks to the customers but this coffeeshop expects the customer to queue and collect their own drinks there and then. Save manpower costs yet, their drinks are more expensive than others...

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

All 3 coffee shops in Canberra have nobody to bring you drinks or ask whether you want a drink. I think all new coffee shops doesn't employ people to serve drinks anymore.

playtime

Master Member
Reaction score
All 3 coffee shops in Canberra have nobody to bring you drinks or ask whether you want a drink. I think all new coffee shops doesn't employ people to serve drinks anymore.

Personally, if no service I prefer after meal, then buy from outside shops cheaper anyway.

ITedge

Reaction score
With that kind of prices, would rather eat at Sembawang MRT foodcourt and Yishun Northpoint. More choices, better quality. :D

bluerr

Master Member
Reaction score
Please don't move to Canberra. It is so close to ulu Sembawang and siao lang Yishun. There are plenty of better estates to move to. When MRT is up i want to get be able to get in. Please please leave this slum alone and go elsewhere which is not a slum.
Thank you.

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just took 883 pass the Canberra estate.. Look like ghost town sia. No amenities, lots of carpark with no cars. Mrt station not even completed. Only 1 bus... see riao jin scary...

Which mountain you come out from?
There is no ghost town in Singapore...
There is only CeCa Town, there is no Ghost Town.

As long as government shout "CeCa! CeCa CeCa!"..

the..... genie will appear....and grant their wish...
1V8g3l0.gif
[/QUOTE]

Coming thru...
Don't jjww...
giphy.gif

Next stop.. Canberra.. pax dropping off now..
vMoZ14.gif

Helping my village people get on board the job train..
giphy.gif

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Slumberra Update (October 2018)

Lately went down and jalan jalan at Slumberra. First stop is the coffeshop at EastBrook (Blk 105). Really GG prices. Upsized ice coffee S$2.00! Yong Tau Fu S$4.20! :eek:

Eastlink II 80% completed. Eastlink I 70% completed. Paint work for both Eastlink I and II are so much better looking than the rest of the estate. Very "condo" looking. :D

Link bridge between Canberra Plaza (Eastlink I) and Canberra MRT Station has been casted and 50% completed. Canberra MRT Station's roof is up. Overall 60% completed. I believe Canberra MRT Station should be open by this time next year.

Residents from Slumberra are you ready to huat? :s13:

By the way Northpoint City mall at Yislum crowded as usual. :vijayadmin:

PS: Please don't be racists and CECA here and there whenever there is a discussion on Northern Singapore. You can often see bangla workers in Northern Singapore as most dormitories are located there. We need these foreign workers for the construction and sanitary industry. What we do not need is those fake FTs be it Ang Moh, Ah Neh, Pinoy or Ah Tiong.

Last edited:

jyajin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went there to see see look look a few months ago looking for a place to rent
Very big new and clean, everything seems too far away for some reason

Tia gong got beach somewhere sioh but i never checked it out
The living space is pretty small even by current hdb standards

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.