Discussion on Canberra estate, in northern Singapore

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Lately went down and jalan jalan at Slumberra. First stop is the coffeshop at EastBrook (Blk 105). Really GG prices. Upsized ice coffee S$2.00! Yong Tau Fu S$4.20! :eek:

Eastlink II 80% completed. Eastlink I 70% completed. Paint work for both Eastlink I and II are so much better looking than the rest of the estate. Very "condo" looking. :D

Link bridge between Canberra Plaza (Eastlink I) and Canberra MRT Station has been casted and 50% completed. Canberra MRT Station's roof is up. Overall 60% completed. I believe Canberra MRT Station should be open by this time next year.

Residents from Slumberra are you ready to huat? :s13:

By the way Northpoint City mall at Yislum crowded as usual. :vijayadmin:

PS: Please don't be racists and CECA here and there whenever there is a discussion on Northern Singapore. You can often see bangla workers in Northern Singapore as most dormitories are located there. We need these foreign workers for the construction and sanitary industry. What we do not need is those fake FTs be it Ang Moh, Ah Neh, Pinoy or Ah Tiong.

so expensive !

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so expensive !

That is what I commented previously. Obvious overcharging! :s13:

It is not even an air conditioned food court but just a newly opened coffeeshop.

Anyway I believe in free market dynamics. If consumers are kum gong enough to support these stalls then what can you say? But if consumers do not support such prices then naturally these stalls will fold up in time.

Over at Sembawang MRT Station there are many food stalls in the vicinity that have reasonable prices. Canberra = Atas price? Confirm will be expensive to shop and eat at Canberra Plaza's shops.

Last edited:

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PS: Please don't be racists and CECA here and there whenever there is a discussion on Northern Singapore. You can often see bangla workers in Northern Singapore as most dormitories are located there. We need these foreign workers for the construction and sanitary industry. What we do not need is those fake FTs be it Ang Moh, Ah Neh, Pinoy or Ah Tiong.

Bangla workers I thought are from Bangladesh ... that is why call bangla workers.

CeCa workers are called Ceca because India and Singapore signed Ceca treaty and they are mainly Indian workers.

Am I right or Are you Wrong?

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Head to the nearby Sembawang Park for the beach. :D

dscn2893.jpg

people actually let their kids swim inside...
wtf...

might as well just jump into a **** hole..

blong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got ghost town in Singapore meh???
Everywhere I go in Singapore, I see crowds.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Slumberra

Slumberra estate land is full house already. Now left 3 plots for schools and 1 reserved plot (unknown). My guess is bus interchange, community centre or shops? The upcoming Nov BTO should be the last remaining plot for HDB flats in Canberra.

Unless URA wants to clear the Simpang forested area otherwise no more land to develope already.

Limited land = huat :s13:

Last edited:

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Slumberra estate land is full house already. Now left 3 plots for schools and 1 reserved plot (unknown). My guess is bus interchange, community centre or shops? The upcoming Nov BTO should be the last remaining plot for HDB flats in Canberra.

Unless URA wants to clear the Simpang forested area otherwise no more land to develope already.

Yes, no more land already. 3 year 2+ months later can sell and huat.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What abt the plot facing the yishun industrial park? Near blk 130b.

Sainté

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What abt the plot facing the yishun industrial park? Near blk 130b.

That plot is reserved for private residential aka condo. By the look of it, I think high chance is EC. PC is lined up at the other side of the MRT.

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
people actually let their kids swim inside...
wtf...

might as well just jump into a **** hole..

20 years ago, the water was so clean and much clearer. One could see the sand below the water even 10m out. There were so much flower crabs to catch.
Now the water so dirty, I also don't want step into it.

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

A slum will always be a slum. ... limited land or not.

trevlim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's a part of larger sembawang area, lucky to have a mrt stn added

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
一个不三不四的地方.
It will never thrive with Yishun & Woodlands squeezing it .

A slum will always be a slum. ... limited land or not.

You guys can call it 不三不四 or slum but thousands of people call it home.

I guess you guys very satki stay in Sentosa or Oxley Road hahaha. :s13:

it's a part of larger sembawang area, lucky to have a mrt stn added

Yes actually the distance between Sembawang and Yishun MRT station is not very far so this Canberra MRT Station is really a blessed bonus for its residents.

But but according to focus1974 a slum will always be a slum. ... limited land or not and perhaps with MRT station or not. :s13:

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.