Discussion on Canberra estate, in northern Singapore

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
The good thing about living in the North (Canberra, Sembawang and Yishun) is that we are still surrounded by greenery. Take a look at those living in the concrete jungle in the South! :s13:

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The good thing about living in the North (Canberra, Sembawang and Yishun) is that we are still surrounded by greenery. Take a look at those living in the concrete jungle in the South! :s13:

It will all be gone in 30 years time.

kenzon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone did a forecast of the resale value of canberra East Series when these flat reach 5 year MOP , with mrt station within walking distance.

i did a check of flat for canberra/sembawang 4room units all within walking distance to sunplaza/sembawang mrt and the selling price is at $330-400k.

current EastGlen is selling at $251 to $304k , means the value won't increase much after 5 years ?

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It will all be gone in 30 years time.

Simpang forested area is SAF training ground. Don't think will be gone unless there is a change to SAF policy for the reduction of NSF dramatically which is highly unlikely! :s13:

Lower Seletar Reservoir is water catchment area. How to clear? Singapore needs more water for 6.9 million population. :D

Current population 5.612 million (2017).

Last edited:

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone did a forecast of the resale value of canberra East Series when these flat reach 5 year MOP , with mrt station within walking distance.

i did a check of flat for canberra/sembawang 4room units all within walking distance to sunplaza/sembawang mrt and the selling price is at $330-400k.

current EastGlen is selling at $251 to $304k , means the value won't increase much after 5 years ?

For me, I think is undervalued and high chance of appreciation. But even if it did not happen, just stay there till death lah..

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Simpang forested area is SAF training ground. Don't think will be gone unless there is a change to SAF policy for the reduction of NSF dramatically which is highly unlikely! :s13:

Lower Seletar Reservoir is water catchment area. How to clear? Singapore needs more water for 6.9 million population. :D

Current population 5.612 million (2017).

Simpang was nearly gone back in the late 1990s when there were plans to develop it, but the plan was abandoned (something like that)

Looking at how fast Yishun is expanding eastwards, I think it just a matter of time only

Sainté

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Based on resale value and longer lease, I think can appreciate by $50-70k depending on flat size. Not coincidentally, the amount is also the “discount” given by HDB based on resale prices.

Sainté

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Simpang was nearly gone back in the late 1990s when there were plans to develop it, but the plan was abandoned (something like that)

Looking at how fast Yishun is expanding eastwards, I think it just a matter of time only

Confirm will happen. Maybe 10 years from now. Cannot the govt build Ave 8 for those few projects nia. Remind me of Admiralty MRT area, govt just keep building northwards till the Johor Straits. From nothing to even industrial parks.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Confirm will happen. Maybe 10 years from now. Cannot the govt build Ave 8 for those few projects nia. Remind me of Admiralty MRT area, govt just keep building northwards till the Johor Straits. From nothing to even industrial parks.

Yes. Simpang area will definitely be cleared.

matchy

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
hope moar ppl stay away from slumberra.

the park is so untouched that the soil smells like tekong.
i can speed with my escooter everywhere because nobody is around.
i can pay for my groceries without queuing becos there is nobody buying.
i can see the doctor in 5min when im sick because there is nobody in the clinic.
i can jaywalk almost everytime at all the traffic junctions because there are no cars
i can use ofo obike mobike everyday because nobody is using them

most imptly every night i sleep so well because there is nobody to disturb me

:eek::eek::eek:

tuanehji

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hope moar ppl stay away from slumberra.

the park is so untouched that the soil smells like tekong.
i can speed with my escooter everywhere because nobody is around.
i can pay for my groceries without queuing becos there is nobody buying.
i can see the doctor in 5min when im sick because there is nobody in the clinic.
i can jaywalk almost everytime at all the traffic junctions because there are no cars
i can use ofo obike mobike everyday because nobody is using them

most imptly every night i sleep so well because there is nobody to disturb me

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.