sunshinemou

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
9ab4280f5584f252d3c81579e4cf9b28.jpg

Cheer up and hopefully some of u can move on and dont blame urself :o

sunshinemou

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Viruses and bacteria can also cause cancer eg Cervical and gastric cancer.

Women who are sexually active at a young age are at higher risk of cervical cancer.
Women can go for hpv vaccine to reduce the risk of cervical cancer right?

Taloona

Reaction score
More than 1/2 the lung cut off. 65 when first detected… apparently adenocarcinoma is very common amongst women in Sg (non smokers)
Some years ago, news reported that smoke from joss stick and heavy cooking fumes can be carcinogic.

Then my next question will be, does it mean chefs at zichar stalls are in danger? What about our family members who cook regularly?

Acetone

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn’t the recent study reveal, half of lung cancer cases have never smoked before

Some years ago, news reported that smoke from joss stick and heavy cooking fumes can be carcinogic.

Then my next question will be, does it mean chefs at zichar stalls are in danger? What about our family members who cook regularly?

Honestly,... the oncologist could not really say what are the risk factors... since my mom belongs in the non-smoker group... but yes... my hypothesis is that cooking often does contribute.

Taloona

Reaction score
Always seek a second or third opinion for life threatening diseases.

When a close relative had bile duct cancer a few years ago, the doctor at one public hospital suggested chemotherapy to ease the pain. He was already in his 80s.

So we asked an oncologist friend of ours to recommend an oncologist for us for another opinion. The second oncologist spoke to my relative for three hours to find out what were his last wishes and reviewed his medical history again. In the end, he suggested palliative care.

Long story short, the cancer did not kill my relative, a stroke did. We believe he would not survive the chemotherapy.

singapurablue

Master Member
Reaction score
My MIL has pancreatic cancer. Supposed to go for chemo. But maid didn't eyeball her during movement and she fell. Broken her spine and ribs. Oncology surgeon said cannot do chemo now as MIL is too weak from further injury. So MIL died a painful death

Thoma5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my godfather father kena colon cancer stage 4 but age 80+ liao...now still on treatment...
not long ago,my friend father pass away duno what cancer inside stomach...he didn't explain well to me...60+ nia...sad

lifeafter41

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Liver cancer.

Some regrets always come to my mind. Did I kill him by bringing him to private.
There’s no right or wrong TS.
At that point you decide what’s best for your dad.
Move on and live a fruitful life.
Your dad, wherever he is will be happy to see and know that his son is living well.

LPPLKPKB

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

chef main risk is nose cancer

administrator88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This girl I follow on Facebook

loud mouth

end up got cancel also

cancel culture

JangoUnchained

Reaction score
Nowadays seems like alot of people got cancer. Dad recently got diagnosed and I brought him to national cancer centre and saw so many people there queue up.

Before this I didn't really read up on cancer and simply just bochup thinking it will not affect me.

I got too Kan cheong and I brought him to a pte doc for surgery and unfortunately he did not survive the surgery.

The only consolation I can give myself is that he did not have pain on full stage 4. Ups for anyone who don't mind sharing their story.
Dear TS.
I survived stage 3 colon cancer and I have another family member currently undergoing cancer treatment so I guess I will share my thoughts.
1) you are wrong to say that you were too anxious and brought him to a private doctor. cancer patients typically go for private treatment if they have the money or if they have sufficient insurance cover. I am lucky to have the latter and met great doctors. unless you feel that the doctors were irresponsible and you have a strong reason to believe they gave wrong advice, I believe you did nothing wrong
2) I had chemo and radio before surgery. I do not know if your Dad's condition required emergency surgery or at that point in time it was a better option. did the oncologist/surgeon explain why?
3) for older folks... chemo can be really painful. during the most painful times I imagined that i would choose to die if I was much older and if I was uncurable (terminal stage). I hope your dad passed away peacefully.
feel free to PM me if I can be of help and I hope you will be at peace soon.

JangoUnchained

Reaction score
Last year Diagnosed with rare form of pancreatic cancer, stage 3. Was told it was aggressive and i would not have survived more than a year if not detected.

Went through whipple surgery (8+ hours), 10 days in hospital including 4 days in ICU.

Thereafter went for immunotherapy to mop up any remaining cancer cells. Coming up to my one year anniversary, pretty much living and eating normally. Currently Not on any active medication or cancer treatment. Was already Back in office (wfh) two months from surgery. Got back to running and gym 3 months plus after surgery.

For reference im in my mid 30s, lead a healthy lifestyle (previously smoker but stopped before diagnosis), and i generally eat healthy. Was told by my oncologist and through genetics testing that i was higher risk for this form of cancer due to family history, my dad and his father also died of stomach related cancer.
kudos to you... you had it worse than me. glad you are ok!

PippingCafe

Reaction score
3) for older folks... chemo can be really painful. during the most painful times I imagined that i would choose to die if I was much older and if I was uncurable (terminal stage). I hope your dad passed away peacefully.
My only consolation was this. That he did not ever had to be in stage 4 / Chemo pain. I was too hopeful and optimistic in getting him cured and therefore the other outcome happened which I was not prepared for it. :(

jen1512

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear TS.
I survived stage 3 colon cancer and I have another family member currently undergoing cancer treatment so I guess I will share my thoughts.
1) you are wrong to say that you were too anxious and brought him to a private doctor. cancer patients typically go for private treatment if they have the money or if they have sufficient insurance cover. I am lucky to have the latter and met great doctors. unless you feel that the doctors were irresponsible and you have a strong reason to believe they gave wrong advice, I believe you did nothing wrong
2) I had chemo and radio before surgery. I do not know if your Dad's condition required emergency surgery or at that point in time it was a better option. did the oncologist/surgeon explain why?
Tq fr sharing... If operate and remove the cells would it be able to avoid chemo? Haf a family member and a fren recently diagnosed with colon cancer. One stage 2a one stage 3...

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last year Diagnosed with rare form of pancreatic cancer, stage 3. Was told it was aggressive and i would not have survived more than a year if not detected.

Went through whipple surgery (8+ hours), 10 days in hospital including 4 days in ICU.

Thereafter went for immunotherapy to mop up any remaining cancer cells. Coming up to my one year anniversary, pretty much living and eating normally. Currently Not on any active medication or cancer treatment. Was already Back in office (wfh) two months from surgery. Got back to running and gym 3 months plus after surgery.

For reference im in my mid 30s, lead a healthy lifestyle (previously smoker but stopped before diagnosis), and i generally eat healthy. Was told by my oncologist and through genetics testing that i was higher risk for this form of cancer due to family history, my dad and his father also died of stomach related cancer.
Good fir u. Jiayu

LaMeRzUnItEd

Reaction score
My only consolation was this. That he did not ever had to be in stage 4 / Chemo pain. I was too hopeful and optimistic in getting him cured and therefore the other outcome happened which I was not prepared for it. :(
Seeing my dad go through chemo and subsequently me having diagnosed with cancer, i specifically told my oncologist that I would not go through it. Immunotherapy treatment was available to me and far less toxic and painful.

But that's my personal decision. Rather spend my remaining days feeling as humanly possible than go through the torture.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.