Can't land a job may i have some advice

PoorBoi

Reaction score
Just a quick summary of myself. Finished my NS service last year, and i can't seem to land a job ( when i looked at the criteria of the job, they either need a bachelor degree/ Years of experience in relevant field). I graduated with a hybrid diploma where the usual course of action is to get to a uni. ( which i currently have no plans to cotinue, hoping to work first).Been going through courses online but it seems like i am quite lost.

Can i kindly get any advice?

buyacat

Reaction score
You will get a lot more replies if you post in Eat Drink Man Woman.

But be prepared for troll responds.

Maybe you can start by being more specific. What course you graduated from. What online courses you took and what type of industries or jobs you are looking out for.

Otherwise I would think anyone's reply to you would be just keep applying.

Illusionist_85

Honorary Member
Reaction score
What's your course field? What are your expectations of the job?

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
Just a quick summary of myself. Finished my NS service last year, and i can't seem to land a job ( when i looked at the criteria of the job, they either need a bachelor degree/ Years of experience in relevant field). I graduated with a hybrid diploma where the usual course of action is to get to a uni. ( which i currently have no plans to cotinue, hoping to work first).Been going through courses online but it seems like i am quite lost.

May we know what discipline and field is your qualification in?

katenash

Reaction score
You will get a lot more replies if you post in Eat Drink Man Woman.

But be prepared for troll responds.

Maybe you can start by being more specific. What course you graduated from. What online courses you took and what type of industries or jobs you are looking out for.

Otherwise I would think anyone's reply to you would be just keep applying.
They are more likely to ask him to do Grab for $8k or $10k a month.

That’s only feasible if the short term goal is to earn as much as possible for uni fees.

mskate88

Reaction score

There are ways to make money by self employment but they are not easy and takes time https://youtube.com/c/SmartMoneyTactics

I suggest you to decide first what do you want in life? Why don't want to go college? If money problem, try getting a scholarship.

If really need to survive, can work at supermarket or F&B but pay won't be much

fake_oranges

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) just carry on apply for degree jobs. dont need to match 100%
2) do part time / temp first. low pay better than no pay
3) always remember people here say they rather pay less tax than to receive unemployment benefits

Mars84

Reaction score
Why no plans to study Uni since you have researched that most jobs require at least a bachelor degree.

katenash

Reaction score
Why no plans to study Uni since you have researched that most jobs require at least a bachelor degree.
Some people don’t like to study. Most study for the sake of getting a pay increment. Maybe TS is not that interested in studying and he might need to save for his uni fees?

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are many jobs out there.

It's whether if you mind low salary and not relevant to what you have studied.

In Singapore, gaps in resume matters. It's better to be working as something than explaining that you have been jobless for that gap.

dappermen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and i m sorry, alot of co. and entrepreneurs, they all started w 0 or minimal education

Only very old sch wil believe that a degree is the ONLY pathway

my friend's daughters all got best 6 sbjs (O Levels) : 6 points-7 but all of them opted to go for a polyclinic education
My fren as a dad didnt even press them to study since Pri school

It is a very wrong assumption to claim that all jobs required a Degree or Masters
u can take an adv cert or something which u can manage or which your passion lies in...

last, @PoorBoi this is not very useful but maybe gd for 1st-timer if u r so lost! https://vcf.mycareersfuture.gov.sg/...s-uf3U6LHneqxayWo904tEssmRavnCXK7xWpF_P3xqFxQ

Last edited:

Wife Beater

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The question is, why are you satisfied with a diploma and don't want to further your studies?

Even local degree holders don't have it easy finding new jobs.

dappermen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i agree but sometimes even with a new cert/pp qualification, co.s may not shortlist one just for the qualifications with not much experience

u r not alone

with Bachelor also doesnt guarantee 1 anything

Ye_Rongtian

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you can't find a job related to your field of study, just do grab, logistics, or go for healthcare (free training). See whether u want to build up your career or not.

anthonygreenisreal

Master Member
Reaction score
you already got your answer.
Go get a random degree if you can. The cheaper and faster the better.
Then try your luck again in the working work.

If not you can start doing grab and delivery for the time being and wait for a job opportunity.

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
degree is the common paper seen in sg with locals and ft.
it is very competitive.

diploma apply for degree jobs? yes i do not doubt the competence but most employers do not accept you unless you are exceptional.

IAMTOXIC

Reaction score
Faster borrow money play crypto, bitcoin fly high high soon, after that no need to work, can retire liao.

dappermen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
never ever go on leverage!

if u cannot take the risk of UST LUNA, dont

dappermen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finished my NS service last year,
u hve a rough start is cos it was a covid yr

Start from today and tell yourself it starts ONLY from now, NOT last yr!
stop thinking it started last yr!

w so many tips given, re start pls!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.