Car mileage tampered! By alot. Seeking advice

Wayne77

Reaction score
TS, in life, somethings better to let go and move forward than look back. This is one of them, you will be happier.

mcspiky

Reaction score
TS, in life, somethings better to let go and move forward than look back. This is one of them, you will be happier.
Yah, agreed.

My used car has lots of issues and going back and forth with the dealer to fix it is just giving me stress and headache so I had to accept the flaws and move on with better things in life.

I just take this as lesson learned to be more cautious and be more observant in identifying the issues the next time I will buy again a used car. :)

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah, agreed.

My used car has lots of issues and going back and forth with the dealer to fix it is just giving me stress and headache so I had to accept the flaws and move on with better things in life.

I just take this as lesson learned to be more cautious and be more observant in identifying the issues the next time I will buy again a used car. :)
Told you le.. .mai fret the small things, pay liao enjoy liao then ok liao. At least you sound more positive now... that time I think you pretty stressed out when I talking to you.

mcspiky

Reaction score
Told you le.. .mai fret the small things, pay liao enjoy liao then ok liao. At least you sound more positive now... that time I think you pretty stressed out when I talking to you.
yah man. I just moved on with some other good things in life like playing music and chilling with my family on my off days. Not worth it to get stressed too much... Im just happy with owning a car albeit a very old one but I think it still beats going to MRT/ bus.

My car anyways permits me to easily go to office, drop off my child in weekend classes. Simple but I'm happy it gets me from point A to B. Although definitely once I scrap my car, I would get a much newer used car for better driving experience. ;)

Auzz18

Banned
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on this matter. Bought a used car recently. Advertised at 60+k mileage. Bought it after test drive. Went for servicing at 2 workshops, was told mileage been tampered with. Actual is 122k mileage, OBD reading of the car ECU. If were you , whats your next real steps to this.

TO ADD ON, my car that i trade in for this used vehicle, has its mileage reduced by nearly half as well as per their advertisement
Report the dealer on this forum. What is their name ?

Auzz18

Banned
Reaction score
Just carry on driving. Don't think so much.

Talking cock. Kerp on advising
you won't win. period.

should have checked before purchase.
Won’t win doesn’t mean do nothing ? It is precisely because the laws here has insufficient protection for consumers that the unscrupulous used car dealers confidently snook ignorant buyers. But the days are over for used car dealers because in this digital age you don’t really need a broker to match buyer and seller. There are now more platforms for sellers to advertise their cars and look for buyers directly while paying a reasonable fee for the platform owners.

Auzz18

Banned
Reaction score
yah man. I just moved on with some other good things in life like playing music and chilling with my family on my off days. Not worth it to get stressed too much... Im just happy with owning a car albeit a very old one but I think it still beats going to MRT/ bus.

My car anyways permits me to easily go to office, drop off my child in weekend classes. Simple but I'm happy it gets me from point A to B. Although definitely once I scrap my car, I would get a much newer used car for better driving experience. ;)
You think EJB is concerned about your welfare ? He is going around telling all the victims to suck it up and accept their fate. Don’t take action. This tupe definitely a used car dealer. No denying.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Won’t win doesn’t mean do nothing ? It is precisely because the laws here has insufficient protection for consumers that the unscrupulous used car dealers confidently snook ignorant buyers. But the days are over for used car dealers because in this digital age you don’t really need a broker to match buyer and seller. There are now more platforms for sellers to advertise their cars and look for buyers directly while paying a reasonable fee for the platform owners.
Then you so helpful, you so righteous, you go take it up for TS la go fight, go make the change, start a protest, march outside parliament.

Don't be a keyboard warrior, talk until so good so right but still hiding behind monitor.

You think EJB is concerned about your welfare ? He is going around telling all the victims to suck it up and accept their fate. Don’t take action. This tupe definitely a used car dealer. No denying.
Hahaha whatever rocks your boat, typical PAP IB style, when people don't stand with you, slime and blame anybody except their own. If it makes you happier that I'm a used car dealer then so be it lor. Hahaha. I'm not the one getting conned now.

He is a dealer. I bet you.
Yeah yeah, and got long hair is your mother, got beard is your father and long hair is girl. Hahaha. What kind of stupid deduction, no wonder got conned. With this kind of IQ and thinking, deserved it fully.

You might want to hang around more inside this forum, I've been here way longer than you have. At least 20 years earlier than you. Dealer or not you think mods don't know? Hahaha.

It's better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove any doubt we had.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.