Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

digisales

Reaction score
With the lack of choices now, i'm likely to get that option too. The usual big few car rentals at the airport is really over priced comparatively

i agree the airport ones are more ex after comparing. But Guess there are people who don't mind paying for the convenience

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried to book too late at No Birds. Can't reserve the Rav 4 now.

I prefer a car with cruise control and bluetooth if possible.

Has anyone of you booked the "New Mid-size Sedan" recently (either Corolla or Cerato)? Would want to confirm if there is any cruise control or bluetooth for this vehicle. Prefer sedan rather than hatch as i will be carrying 2 large suitcases with 2 backpacks. Thanks

Not all cars have cruise control, let along bluetooth.. only the premium ones like Audi or BMW probably confirmed to have..

The large sedans like Ford or Holden will definitely have cruise control

digisales

Reaction score
I have been reading thru the pages, from what I understand, there is roadside parking which will indicate 1P, 2P, 3P, and it leash 1h, 2h, 3h free parking. So I would like to ask what happens after the free parking? How do they know how Long have we parked at that lot? Sorry if my q sounds noob, first time going there.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been reading thru the pages, from what I understand, there is roadside parking which will indicate 1P, 2P, 3P, and it leash 1h, 2h, 3h free parking. So I would like to ask what happens after the free parking? How do they know how Long have we parked at that lot? Sorry if my q sounds noob, first time going there.

They mark your car tyres, if they come back after 1hr or 2hr etc, and still see the mark on your car, they fine you.

Some places have these RFID on the lot itself, once a car parks there, the count down starts and alerts the parking attendant once the time is up

likevegetable

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This thread gives you an idea how it works
https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2545696

digisales

Reaction score
They mark your car tyres, if they come back after 1hr or 2hr etc, and still see the mark on your car, they fine you.

Some places have these RFID on the lot itself, once a car parks there, the count down starts and alerts the parking attendant once the time is up

Sounds like a very interesting way to check. Any idea how on the ball are they doing the checks? And what sort of fine are we looking at if we exceed the time?

cc2mss5

Reaction score

Has anyone of you booked the "New Mid-size Sedan" recently (either Corolla or Cerato)? Would want to confirm if there is any cruise control or bluetooth for this vehicle. Prefer sedan rather than hatch as i will be carrying 2 large suitcases with 2 backpacks. Thanks

I got the toyota sedan
With cruise control

Bluetooth haven't try yet

Boot can fit 2 x 28inch and 2 x 20inch luggages

Sent from Somewhere Out There using GAGT

strat

Reaction score

Just came back from Perth and this is what i observed
Do look at the signboards properly.
Once the signboard mention ticket, you will need to pay and 1p,2p ,3p refers to the max time you can park.

Most parking in Perth CBD area not not free even on Sunday.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just came back from Perth and this is what i observed
Do look at the signboards properly.
Once the signboard mention ticket, you will need to pay and 1p,2p ,3p refers to the max time you can park.

Most parking in Perth CBD area not not free even on Sunday.

Within the shopping area, definitely not free, if you go off the city a bit, might get 2P free parking

digisales

Reaction score

Just came back from my trip. You can try to ask the counter when collecting your car if they have any RAV4 left. I asked and managed to change, as after checking, they still had 1 last one, maybe the original booker cancelled or somebody returned early.
Another thing is that when I booked the price was higher, and when collecting, they were running a new promo and the price was lower, and they charged the new price. Thumbs up for bayswater!

digisales

Reaction score
Another thing to add, if you need a taxi ride,can dl the OLA app, Google for those first time user promo code for discounts. Paid $2+ for a over $10 ride to my airbnb

warr

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Plan to rent Holden Commodore Sv6 sedan for 5 days to Margaret river. Anyone has experience with it?

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Hi all, i will be going Tasmania and Melb this nov. We have a group of 10 person. I intend to rent a Toyota HiAce from Apex. May i know what class/type of license do i need? Will a class 3 be enough??

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i will be going Tasmania and Melb this nov. We have a group of 10 person. I intend to rent a Toyota HiAce from Apex. May i know what class/type of license do i need? Will a class 3 be enough??

Yes class3 enough for that 12 seater van

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Between the RAV4 and Mitsubishi ASX, which is bigger?

4 adults and a 1 year old child should be comfortable for both vehicles?

Nobirds looks good with their new vehicles in Perth.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.