Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

x3nor_S

Reaction score
how is rav4 compared to Toyota Corolla or Kia Cerato? just boot bigger?

planning to rent from no birds. going on a road trip to MR but is concern about the back seat, where we are planning to seat 3 skinny person. so Rav4 would be better i guess?

spurman

Reaction score
Rav4 or outlander or most suv drives better than corolla bah.

Bigger boot space. Though back seats more upright.

Suv handles better than most sedans

thser88

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some advice on going to the airport after returning a rental car at Bayswater Car rental Kewdale office.
I'm renting a car from Bayswater and planning to return the car after office hours (at night ard 9pm) on a Sat at their Kewdale office as my flight out of Perth is at midnight. As their shuttle service would have ended by then, I've to find my own way back to the airport after dropping off the car.

1) Is it advisable to return the car to the Kewdale office after office hours on a saturday and finding own transport to the airport? Or better to return to the Bayswater office in Perth CBD so it's easier to get a cab? Anyone tried this before?

2) Is there a way to reliably secure a cab or transport to the airport at night from the Bayswater Kewdale office. Any cab companies or transport companies we can contact?

Hope anyone with experience can advise. Thanks.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you can return earlier, just do so.

There are cabs app 13 CABS and Uber which you can try to get..

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How’s the Kia Carnival from Apex? Since 4 adults and 1 infant would most likely recommend a 7-seater for comfort.

Bayswater has the Mitsubishi Outlander which is listed as a 7-seater SUV. Is that correct? If it is I’ll probably just go with the Outlander.

Last edited:

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The outlander 7 seater would be quite tight at the back.. the Kia Carnival would be a better choice..

greenhse

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I previously got Nissan Xtrail 7 seaters from Hertz Perth airport. 4 adults, 2 child with 1 child seat. Still good.

TitanSmall

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You guys think 5 adults 1 baby seat with 5 big luggage.. can squeeze into one Kia carnival?

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hertz’s rates are quite crazy if you ask me. Will probably go with Bayswater’s largest vehicle in their fleet.

I previously got Nissan Xtrail 7 seaters from Hertz Perth airport. 4 adults, 2 child with 1 child seat. Still good.

thser88

Reaction score
Thanks! For bayswater, if I wish to make a cancellation.. is calling them the only way?
I requested for a cancellation via email to Bayswater customer service. Was easy, they replied to my email to confirm that the booking has been cancelled.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hertz’s rates are quite crazy if you ask me. Will probably go with Bayswater’s largest vehicle in their fleet.

I'm quite ok with Hertz rates, most times I get to rent an Audi Q7 for under $110/day base rate..

greenhse

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Look out for promo code. 10%-15% is very common and easily available. Sometime 20% or 30% if they run promotion

TitanSmall

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I requested for a cancellation via email to Bayswater customer service. Was easy, they replied to my email to confirm that the booking has been cancelled.

Thanks bro! Managed to cancel through email.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
That’s actually quite reasonable. I did a quick check and all the rates for my trip next year was $1k+ for 6 days rental.

I'm quite ok with Hertz rates, most times I get to rent an Audi Q7 for under $110/day base rate..

x3nor_S

Reaction score
in terms of price nobirds sill the best. but they have limited car choice. Also the cars for nobirds are newer

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.