Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

hermes76

Master Member
Reaction score
Which car rental can allow pickup/drop-off after office hours without addition charges?

awhw

Reaction score
Which car rental can allow pickup/drop-off after office hours without addition charges?
I go with Thrifty every time I am in Australia. No additional charges for pickup/dropoff after office hours. But that was pre-Covid days.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I go with Thrifty every time I am in Australia. No additional charges for pickup/dropoff after office hours. But that was pre-Covid days.
It’s more likely to be already included, rather than “no additional charges

awhw

Reaction score
Agree. They aren’t exactly the cheapest. And service has been top notch.

thumbtacked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much is the cost to take a cab from Perth airport to CBD? considering between collect car at airport vs CBD, will arrive at 8.30pm so kinda ley chey if collect from town.

come_5

Reaction score
How much is the cost to take a cab from Perth airport to CBD? considering between collect car at airport vs CBD, will arrive at 8.30pm so kinda ley chey if collect from town.
It costed me aud59 from city to airport back in Sept That was for a slightly bigger car for 5 pax and luggages. Their mrt airport line just opened few weeks ago. You may want to consider that.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It costed me aud59 from city to airport back in Sept That was for a slightly bigger car for 5 pax and luggages. Their mrt airport line just opened few weeks ago. You may want to consider that.
Airport line only cost $5, which i think no brainer, direct to CBD..

thumbtacked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like a great idea to take airport line to town, check in for the night then pick up the car next morning.

$1k rent in airport vs $500 collect next day.

daniel7

Reaction score
Hello, to those who have rented Outlander from No Birds, can I check if Outlander can fit 5 x 28 inch luggage with 3rd row folded down? Thanks!

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, to those who have rented Outlander from No Birds, can I check if Outlander can fit 5 x 28 inch luggage with 3rd row folded down? Thanks!
Unlikely, 5x luggage, probably a Carnival..

lugia88

Reaction score
has anybody tried apex rental in perth? i read the reviews for after hours collection it seems like a nightmare ..
i paid for the after hours collection. anybody have experience?

bberry

Reaction score
If u take train from Airport to Perth City/Perth Underground, ticket is A$5.10. Its just a 30 mins ride

kidz

Reaction score
Do note the rav4 might have a bigger boot than outlander

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Perth, I'll definitely go for no birds. Been renting from them almost every year since 2012 and no issues.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone rented EV in perth? those tourist locations/stay Airbnb , easy to charge?

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just returned our rented Mitsubishi Outlander for 9 days from No Birds last night n I must said the price and service are really good. The car we got is only 7171km which is consider new.
so50kKcl.jpg

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 20 using GAGT
the outlander with 7 seat , dont have much boot space right?
can it fit like 4 luggage and sit 6 pax?

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the outlander with 7 seat , dont have much boot space right?
can it fit like 4 luggage and sit 6 pax?
Very unlikely can fit 4 luggage, suggest you rent Carnival. The boot is deeper and can stack.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.