Change Singtel ONR - Just "Plug and Play"?

kelvin_99

Reaction score
I am going to replace my Singtel ONR.

Singtel will do a one-to-one swap and I do not have any backup router if I have any configuration or setup problem with the new ONR.

Can I check if swapping a new ONR in place of the old is it just a simple replace "plug-and-play", assuming SIngtel gives me back a similar router.

Any software or hardware setup that I need to look out for? I guess the last thing I want is to go back to Singtel Tech Support to troubleshoot. Thanks!

uncle_josh

Reaction score
Why you keep repeating your question when ppl already answered you ?
The ONR can’t be replace. You have to stick with whatever singtel provide. Since you are on the 1+1 2gbps plan you have to use the ONR Singtel provide.

If the setup is for the next 2 years, would suggest to look into wifi6 as most device will be supporting wifi 6. (For phone only high end device/model)

Can upload floor plan here before we recommendation on AP hardware

kelvin_99

Reaction score
Why you keep repeating your question when ppl already answered you ?
I think you misread my question. I renewed my contract. Singtel has agreed to change my old ONR for a new one. I am asking if I can just replace it just like that without need to do any config.

Unless ... you are telling me Singtel does not know what they are talking about?

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think you misread my question. I renewed my contract. Singtel has agreed to change my old ONR for a new one. I am asking if I can just replace it just like that without need to do any config.

Unless ... you are telling me Singtel does not know what they are talking about?
If Singtel changes your ONR, just plug it in as instructed. If anything happens, take it up with them. ;)

kelvin_99

Reaction score
If Singtel changes your ONR, just plug it in as instructed. If anything happens, take it up with them. ;)
I know I can go back to them. The thing is i cannot afford too long downtime as my household members need to use the network as they work from home. If I keep the old ONR I can still swap back as contingency. But this is a one-for-one exchange and I have to instal myself. So I m trying to pre-empt any issues. I just hope it's plug and play. :)

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Based on what I experience.

I went down to NEX and pass them the old ONR. Come hm plug in and internet is back.

Make sure you don't break the fiber cable. If you break the cable then .....

kelvin_99

Reaction score
Based on what I experience.

I went down to NEX and pass them the old ONR. Come hm plug in and internet is back.

Make sure you don't break the fiber cable. If you break the cable then .....
Thanks for the caution and info. At least I know what to expect. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.