Charsiew finestly got catch up by law

Moonnite_Firefly

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Once, he borrowed S$2,000 from a full-time national serviceman (NSF) who had only S$2,100 in his bank account.

He then tried to get his hands on the remaining S$100 before the victim grew suspicious.

2000 dollars alarms never go off... no wonder singaporeans always victims of scam and cons... police years of public awareness all down the drain... this kind of sob story also got peepur believe~~:s22:

last time i also kenna another kind of scam... asked can borrow $10 cos he no money to eat... i told him what he want i can go buy for him... die die insist he can buy for himself... die die also dunwan me to help him make the trip cos i going to kopitiam myself... den i asked him is he trying to scam me... he chua tiao jitao run away~~:frown:

Moonnite_Firefly

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very common these days especially for unemployed people. Borrow money best to borrow from friends and family then won’t get this type of situation already
now friends i also dun lend liao unless very close ones and know he/she really in financial difficulties... those lie flat dunwan to work or spend whatever money they have on football gambling or kenna burnt for playing with cryto can go fiak off~~ :frown:

Ultimo_Urien

Banned
Reaction score
He would generally wait at MRT stations and approach passersby, lying that he had to travel to a distant location. He then asked them to help to check the cost of a taxi or private-hire vehicle to that location.

When he asked to borrow money to cover his transport cost, he provided his identification documents to reassure them.

As for the NSF who was duped, Yeaw approached him at Yew Tee MRT Station in February this year, claiming he had only 50 cents left in his bank account.

He also said that his company’s human resources department had made a mistake which meant that he did not receive his S$3,000 salary on time. He told the NSF that he needed to borrow money to survive till the end of the month.

The victim then lent Yeaw S$2,000. He lodged a police report when Yeaw asked for the remaining S$100 in his bank account.

archon75@

Banned
Reaction score
He would generally wait at MRT stations and approach passersby, lying that he had to travel to a distant location. He then asked them to help to check the cost of a taxi or private-hire vehicle to that location.

When he asked to borrow money to cover his transport cost, he provided his identification documents to reassure them.

As for the NSF who was duped, Yeaw approached him at Yew Tee MRT Station in February this year, claiming he had only 50 cents left in his bank account.

He also said that his company’s human resources department had made a mistake which meant that he did not receive his S$3,000 salary on time. He told the NSF that he needed to borrow money to survive till the end of the month.

The victim then lent Yeaw S$2,000. He lodged a police report when Yeaw asked for the remaining S$100 in his bank account.
Serial Charsiew kena BBQ 了

Visor9999

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now friends i also dun lend liao unless very close ones and know he/she really in financial difficulties... those lie flat dunwan to work or spend whatever money they have on football gambling or kenna burnt for playing with cryto can go fiak off~~ :frown:

I also borrow a lot of money from friend and family, always tell them that when I win toto and 4d will return them. Economy is bad so very normal to borrow around

Moonnite_Firefly

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I call that stupid...

Who would lend money to a stranger? When you yourself don't even have any left
yah lor... ownself bank only got 2.1K but withdraw 2k just for a stranger... i hope the NSF wise up next time... not everyone with a sob story can help wan~~ :frown:

kuti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The nsf who lent him the 2k lacks critical thinking skills

Lent 2k no problem.. straightaway lend without a second word.

Ask for $100, then he become suspicious and report police

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.