Cheap 3rd party batteries from China

andy1982

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with 3rd party batteries for DSLR? I am looking at those from China.

seen a few brands...

• Palo
  • PowerTrust
  • DuraPro
  • BatMax
  • Aspern
  • Brave Heart
  • Tectra
  • Seivi
  • Dinto
  • RingTeam
  • PowTree
All are basically around $30+ for 3 batteries plus a charger.

My camera is 3 years old, and I am planning to upgrade maybe in late 2023 when travelling resumes again, so I don't really wanna invest in original batteries that most likely will not be used if I upgrade.

From what I read, some say it is decent when it is new, but after a while, it cannot hold the charge. others got 1 out of 3 faulty. I think the risk is quite ok, since 3 + charger is 50% the price of the orginal. but got a lot of brands to choose from.

Last edited:

unagiBento

Reaction score
Wasabi Power is quite ok. Seems to be able to hold its charge better than most 3rd party brands, as heard within the photography circle.

Suggested battery 'strategy':
- Always have at least 2 ORIGINAL batteries. That will give you the best redundancy plan should 1 of the original fail during your shoot or worst, on a vacation.
- have 1 or 2 third party batteries to rotate with your original batteries and preserve it's life. Example, use 1 original batt during day shoot. Then switch to 1 third party battery starting from sunset timing to evening. Usually we shoot more during daytime. Reverse the plan if you tend to shoot more at night.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.