China Tablets to recommend

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
It's $289 with the $50 voucher but there's a sale in 4 days... so maybe can get it cheaper than that...

It's totally not worth it at this price point man. Lenovo pad plus will beat it to dust. Seriously, Lenovo had made a lot of tablets of the lesser brands like alldocube, teclast and chuwi pretty irrelevant. Even the sd730g on the pad pro is a lot better.

Helio p90 is a year 2018 chip with outdated GPU. It's almost at unisoc t618 standard.

https://nanoreview.net/en/soc-compare/qualcomm-snapdragon-730g-vs-mediatek-helio-p90

Gaming performance and graphics quality depends a lot on number of FLOPs and shading units, rather than GPU frequency.

On the extreme comparison, I compare sd870 on my pad pro 2021 and sd730g on my pad pro 2020, running genshin impact at the highest settings on both.

https://nanoreview.net/en/soc-compare/qualcomm-snapdragon-870-vs-qualcomm-snapdragon-730g
They perform and look significantly different on both, even though both are at the same highest settings. The game on sd870 look significantly better and more fluid, even though sd870 has a lower GPU frequency.

The difference between this x game and iplay40 is the mere inclusion of gyro, which makes it 'gaming' built, but for anyone considering to buy it for gaming in the current situation, I advise to think twice.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, in case this is forgotten.

The stock of Lenovo xiaoxin pad and Lenovo xiaoxin pad pro 2020 which are convertible/flashable to official global rom is dying out. Even by this time we are speaking, Lenovo is updating their new stocks for these models to later zui 12 versions.

There will be a time when we talk about cheaper Lenovo xiaoxin tablets, they will only be on china rom (zui) or fake global roms. And do note that tablets on fake rom are not flashable to official global rom if their original factory stock rom is later zui 12 versions.

chatbot

Reaction score
Just destroyed my USB-C on iplay40 by mistakenly forcing a micro-usb cable to charge it. I can see the USB-C receptacle bent and split apart.

I use a small and thin screw driver and try to put the pins back to normal shape; but that didn't work.

Anyone ever fix the uSB-c charging port on iplay40? Or anyone can suggest places to check the cost to fix this?
Tablet is still great; but now there is no way to charge it. A pity!

Updated 10 Jan 2022:
Went to neighborhood tablet/phone repair shop after one of them agree to look at it and try to fix. FOC if not able to find matching USB-C port. They managed something similar but not perfect fit. I can the screen light from USB-C port now and a bit tight to put the charging cable to this port (the receptacles are not really in middle of the frame hole). Although I suspect the scratch on my protection screen is due to them, I am still happy that it is chargeable again.

Last edited:

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just destroyed my USB-C on iplay40 by mistakenly forcing a micro-usb cable to charge it. I can see the USB-C receptacle bent and split apart.

I use a small and thin screw driver and try to put the pins back to normal shape; but that didn't work.

Anyone ever fix the uSB-c charging port on iplay40? Or anyone can suggest places to check the cost to fix this?
Tablet is still great; but now there is no way to charge it. A pity!
Any of those mobile phone repair shops at SLS lor... I use GWS at Level 6 or iRepair at Prinsep Street... but I think you have more choices and options at SLS...

chatbot

Reaction score
Any of those mobile phone repair shops at SLS lor... I use GWS at Level 6 or iRepair at Prinsep Street... but I think you have more choices and options at SLS...

GWS does not serve iPlay. I'm waiting for iRepair to response. They close on Tuesday, let's hope they'll be able to to service this model.

I'm worried that there are not many shops will fix this AllDocube tables in Singapore.

chatbot

Reaction score
iRepair doesn’t service this brand. But they invite me to come and let them have a look. This doesn’t look good ☹️.

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, in case this is forgotten.

The stock of Lenovo xiaoxin pad and Lenovo xiaoxin pad pro 2020 which are convertible/flashable to official global rom is dying out. Even by this time we are speaking, Lenovo is updating their new stocks for these models to later zui 12 versions.

There will be a time when we talk about cheaper Lenovo xiaoxin tablets, they will only be on china rom (zui) or fake global roms. And do note that tablets on fake rom are not flashable to official global rom if their original factory stock rom is later zui 12 versions.

Looking at the bright side . The battery manufacturer should be more recent .

They do this to prevent ppl from buying from China affecting their international version sales .

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's totally not worth it at this price point man. Lenovo pad plus will beat it to dust. Seriously, Lenovo had made a lot of tablets of the lesser brands like alldocube, teclast and chuwi pretty irrelevant. Even the sd730g on the pad pro is a lot better.

Helio p90 is a year 2018 chip with outdated GPU. It's almost at unisoc t618 standard.

https://nanoreview.net/en/soc-compare/qualcomm-snapdragon-730g-vs-mediatek-helio-p90

Gaming performance and graphics quality depends a lot on number of FLOPs and shading units, rather than GPU frequency.

On the extreme comparison, I compare sd870 on my pad pro 2021 and sd730g on my pad pro 2020, running genshin impact at the highest settings on both.

https://nanoreview.net/en/soc-compare/qualcomm-snapdragon-870-vs-qualcomm-snapdragon-730g
They perform and look significantly different on both, even though both are at the same highest settings. The game on sd870 look significantly better and more fluid, even though sd870 has a lower GPU frequency.

The difference between this x game and iplay40 is the mere inclusion of gyro, which makes it 'gaming' built, but for anyone considering to buy it for gaming in the current situation, I advise to think twice.

Their chipsets too old and crappy compared to Lenovo tablets yet they still dare ask for 200++.

Battery wise and performance cannot win .

Software update wise Lenovo can offer at least 1-2 year OTA also.

u_ntitled

Reaction score
Hi guys can recommend a tablet min 12” inch oled, snapdragon 870 tablet mainly for steamlink or remote play on ps5. Most importantly got no black bars because currently i’m on ipad pro 12.9 second gen will have black bars on top and bottom due to 4:3 aspect ratio. I have shortlisted S7+ but after reading comments xiaoxin pad seems to offer best value but not sure which year and model should i buy. Another question is CN rom in english language too? Thanks in advance

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just received my XX pro pad2020 .

Very solid metallic build .Feels premium .
Impressive performance and Oled screen + sound for 300 bucks . Netflix FHD Disney+ viu works flawlessly .

A pain in ass to install Google play through pure APK though .Slow and buggy process .

My current version is zui 12 .

Recommended to update to 13 ? Or flash to global ROM ?

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Impressive performance and Oled screen + sound for 300 bucks . Netflix FHD Disney+ viu works flawlessly .

A pain in ass to install Google play through pure APK though .Slow and buggy process .

It's a one time install mah... do you want to flash to global ROM? If your ZUI version is below 12.6 then can flash to global ROM... if above then no matter, just update to ZUI 13 lor...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys can recommend a tablet min 12” inch oled, snapdragon 870 tablet mainly for steamlink or remote play on ps5. Most importantly got no black bars because currently i’m on ipad pro 12.9 second gen will have black bars on top and bottom due to 4:3 aspect ratio. I have shortlisted S7+ but after reading comments xiaoxin pad seems to offer best value but not sure which year and model should i buy. Another question is CN rom in english language too? Thanks in advance
You want OLED + 12 inches... be prepared to pay lor... the 2020 Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro is 11.5", not 12"... otherwise you have the 2021 Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro which runs SD870, 11.5" but has no global ROM and runs only ZUI ROM which of course has English and can install and run Google Play Store... if really must cross the 12" size then you're left with the Lenovo Tab P12 lor... 12.6", international variant, not available in Singapore yet and super expensive in Europe or US...

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score

Need to check your android version. If it's already zui 12, android 11, then cannot go for global ROM already.

Also zui 13 update for 2020 devices is not an open public release yet. 灰度推送. Only limited sets will get the update.

It's released on 28/12, but I only get it on 6/1 for mine.

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to check your android version. If it's already zui 12, android 11, then cannot go for global ROM already.

Also zui 13 update for 2020 devices is not an open public release yet. 灰度推送. Only limited sets will get the update.

It's released on 28/12, but I only get it on 6/1 for mine.

Still android 10 zui 12 for my set .

Global version got what perks from zui 13?

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Still android 10 zui 12 for my set .

Global version got what perks from zui 13?

Global is more refined, less glitches and works better with google stuff.

Zui has more features, more regular updates and better optimized.

Both have pros and cons. But I will suggest to go global rom while u still can, for a better user experience.

znltan

Reaction score

Lemme reply directly to u so that u are not confused.

Global rom is pretty much like standard stock Android. It's basic and has very few Lenovo touches.

Cn rom, also referred to as zui, is like a manufactured skinned UI, pretty much like Samsung's one UI or xiaomi's miui. It has more functionalities added by manufacturers compared to standard stock Android. (Though with more functionalities also comes with more bugs and glitches)

Both have full google services and every google app like play store, Gmail, etc can be installed. U have to install the google stuff manually in zui.

When u do buy a pad 2020 or pad pro 2020, first thing u need to check is what rom had the seller installed for u.

Go to 'about phone' or 'about tablet' and note the rom identifier as well as the Android version.

1) If it's zui, that means it's on a china rom. If it's Android 10, that means this tablet is possible to convert to global rom using Lenovo's official tool. If it's Android 11, then better stick to zui.

2) if it's a global rom, then u have to check if it's a official or fake rom. Compared the rom identifier and check against the lolinet repository to see if it can be found.

Pad 2020: https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/lenovo/Tab_P11/TB-J606F/

Pad pro 2020: https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/lenovo/Tab_P11_Pro/TB-J706F/

If it's found, then it's an official global rom. If not, then it's a fake rom.

For fake rom, just repair it using the official Lenovo tool to change it to official global rom.
https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/downloads/ds101291-rescue-and-smart-assistant-lmsa

Sidenote: for 2021 models like pad plus and pad pro 2021, they don't need to check. Anything that is not zui are 100% fake roms.

You may refer to Bro Remless earlier post for more info.

A new XiaoXin Pro 2020 user on global rom (updated from Android 10 to 11) reporting in.

Now on this version as shown in the picture.
https://ibb.co/Lp3vvfb

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.