China Tablets to recommend

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
k20s is fake specs. the 512GB unit actually has 128gb. and mediatek 6763 processor doesnt support 10GB ram.

vx2132

Reaction score
I got my Iplay40 and I find it really value for money. Meet my needs for work, reading, games and movies.
About half the price of a Samsung Tab S6 Lite, but without the stylus.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

i_got_a_question_to_ask

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A lot of sellers increased prices of iplay40. Even the qoo10 seller.

Currently on sales in lazada.

WCPxiLm_d.webp
30pro or 40 better?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
P20hd recast $165 good for games or not?
you never mention type of games.

its antutu score is only 101,000, good for media playing, web browsing and simple games.
I suggest paying $40 more to get M40SE to double the antutu score and internal sd storage.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I need one for school to take notes with the stylus pen. It will be operated 8-5 with power socket and wifi provided at school. With the usual windows n relevant apps.

Hmm.. Videos/movies/games good to have.

Any good ones to introduce? Thanks

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I need one for school to take notes with the stylus pen. It will be operated 8-5 with power socket and wifi provided at school. With the usual windows n relevant apps.

Hmm.. Videos/movies/games good to have.

Any good ones to introduce? Thanks
What is your budget and what screen size you're looking for?

A Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro (11.5") is about just below $500 from Carousell. Pen and keyboard sold separately. Works out to $700+ adding pen & keyboard.

A smaller version is the Xiaoxin Pad (11") which costs around $300+. Pen & keyboard similar price.

For the above you can get the pen & keyboard from Taobao, a bit cheaper I think... but they're pretty difficult to find in Singapore.

Otherwise the iPlay40 (10.4") is pretty good for $260, and you can add on a capacitive stylus like Adonit for about $30, but don't expect Apple Pencil or Samsung S-Pen precision... if you want cheaper can buy the iPlay20 (10.1") or the a slightly larger screen - the iPlay30 Pro (10.5").

For cheaper tablets can try the Teclast M40 but the screen is not fully laminated like those described above... since you'll be using the tablet under lights from the ceiling, you'll get very annoying internal reflections that come from the light passing through the outer glass and bouncing off the inner LCD panel, resulting in a whitish glare which may reduce readability especially if you're taking notes with the tablet flat on a table. Might still be ok if you don't have direct lights above you...

Hope this helps...

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

A Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro (11.5") is about just below $500 from Carousell. Pen and keyboard sold separately. Works out to $700+ adding pen & keyboard.

A smaller version is the Xiaoxin Pad (11") which costs around $300+. Pen & keyboard similar price.

For the above you can get the pen & keyboard from Taobao, a bit cheaper I think... but they're pretty difficult to find in Singapore.

Otherwise the iPlay40 (10.4") is pretty good for $260, and you can add on a capacitive stylus like Adonit for about $30, but don't expect Apple Pencil or Samsung S-Pen precision... if you want cheaper can buy the iPlay20 (10.1") or the a slightly larger screen - the iPlay30 Pro (10.5").

For cheaper tablets can try the Teclast M40 but the screen is not fully laminated like those described above... since you'll be using the tablet under lights from the ceiling, you'll get very annoying internal reflections that come from the light passing through the outer glass and bouncing off the inner LCD panel, resulting in a whitish glare which may reduce readability especially if you're taking notes with the tablet flat on a table. Might still be ok if you don't have direct lights above you...

Hope this helps...

write so much !!

he said windows, not android.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Hope this helps...
Actually, i needed more for taking notes. The school recommend this than keyboard, coz it makes noises and they say laptop may block people or what not.

i think if so, i need a silent keyboard of sort.

likely some light on the top of us in the lecture hall settings.

Anywhere can go look see at these Tablets? I assumed likely to find Lenovo ones right? Btw do we need to Flash the Tablet for use locally ?

Thanks.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, i needed more for taking notes. The school recommend this than keyboard, coz it makes noises and they say laptop may block people or what not.

i think if so, i need a silent keyboard of sort.

likely some light on the top of us in the lecture hall settings.

Anywhere can go look see at these Tablets? I assumed likely to find Lenovo ones right? Btw do we need to Flash the Tablet for use locally ?

Thanks.
Hmmm... silent keyboard is easy to find but it's not going to be completely silent... same with stylus, depending on writing style, some people may hit the screen with the tip when they write, so won't be silent... anyway, first time I hear a school recommend a stylus rather than keyboard... keyboard is more efficient for taking notes, but stylus for drawing diagrams...

Anyway hor... if you are set on getting a stylus to take notes, I suggest that you either stick to an Apple iPad with Apple Pencil or Samsung Galaxy Tab with S-pen (S6 Lite cheapest) or Lenovo Xiao Xin Pad (Pro) with the Lenovo Active Pen 2. These are all tablets with active stylus which shows a cursor when you put the pen close to the screen. The screen has an active digitizer which detects the pen and the pen is a lot more accurate than other passive capacitive version. If you buy a China tablet and add a capacitive pen like from Adonit or Wacom Bamboo, you'll find the parallax error very irritating when you're writing quickly and trying to keep up with what is being said... these stylus will have fat tips or a transparent disc at the tip, which basically mimics your finger, and hence are not very accurate. My experience with the Lenovo Xiao Xin Pad Pro with a third party (UOGIC) active stylus isn't the best either but certainly much better than a simple capacitive stylus. Active stylus need to be charged, capacitive ones don't. Comparing my experience with the Lenovo versus the S-pen on my Note8, my Note8 S-pen is a world away in terms of accuracy and responsiveness, even though the Note8 is circa 2017 while the Lenovo is 2020... the newer S-pen on the Note20 is much much better... so you might want to consider that... otherwise, I usually prefer to thumb type on my phone using a T9 predictive keyboard. Only issue is that I get strained wrists and fingers after an extended note-taking session...

I'm afraid China tablets don't really have any outlets where you can touch and feel them... you can try SLS but I doubt they have what you're looking for... the Lenovo tablets I recommended aren't launched in Singapore yet... you'll have to buy from those online platforms... they are sold as the Lenovo Tab P11 Pro and P11 respectively internationally but not yet released in Singapore but available in Europe and US... I bought the Lenovo Xiao Xin Pad (Tab P11 Pro) based on reviews and specs... watched a few YouTube reviews and there were forum links posted earlier up this thread from people in China, Taiwan and XDA forums who bought it and gave quite detailed reviews... as for the iPlay20, I also just bought based on specs and someone here who took the first leap of faith... my previous experience with China tablets was rather poor, so it's been about 6-7 years since I dared to buy a China tablet.... so far it's been pretty good...

For the Lenovo Xiao Xin Pad Pro, you will have to flash the international ROM... I posted the steps earlier up this thread. It's pretty easy to do but can be quite scary for flashing neophytes like me... for the other China tablets, they have versions that come with global ROM and so have the GMS installed with full Google apps access... so no issues there with flashing...

Hope this helps...

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
k20s is fake specs. the 512GB unit actually has 128gb. and mediatek 6763 processor doesnt support 10GB ram.
Yeah. Even until now many people are still falling for these scams.

Vrecor and keypoon are scam tablet brands. They used to be brandless but now seems more 'pro' by having a brand name and packaging.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Even until now many people are still falling for these scams.

Vrecor and keypoon are scam tablet brands. They used to be brandless but now seems more 'pro' by having a brand name and packaging.

Cheap means you get cheap internals also I guess... sometimes can be a good deal if they're serious about growing their brand... last year iPlay20 about $140... now it's $200 or so... $140 is really cheap for a decent tablet...

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Cheap means you get cheap internals also I guess... sometimes can be a good deal if they're serious about growing their brand... last year iPlay20 about $140... now it's $200 or so... $140 is really cheap for a decent tablet...

Same thoughts. Better get the 'real deal'. Those fake scamming China ones are able to make the system report fake specs. From ram, storage, operating system and even battery (1000mah battery can become 8000mah)

I think currently the teclast p20hd is the best among the affordable ones. Still can get for around $159 during sales. Alldocube ones increased prices, probably due to increasing demand amidst covid19.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.