China Tablets to recommend

Dorkable

Reaction score
Got my iplay40pro. Delivery took 5 days. The package was well packed with thick bubble wrap. About the content, really kosong. Just 4 items, the tablet, the cable, the charger and manual. The tablet came with a screen protector but I found that it attracted oil from fingers very easily. The tablet was identified as iplay40H. I double checked the box and device are really iplay40pro. Spec wise really the 6 small cores at higher speed, 8gb ram and 256gb storage. The UI was pretty responsive. Speakers were loud. Charging time my estimate from 0 to full will take around 200mins.

Genshin play ok but I used friend's custom setting.
isn't the screen protector a matte one? Also, what port do you use from your charger to juice up your iPlay 40 Pro? A Quick Charge 3.0, Power Delivery or just a normal 5v 2A port? 🙂

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
isn't the screen protector a matte one? Also, what port do you use from your charger to juice up your iPlay 40 Pro? A Quick Charge 3.0, Power Delivery or just a normal 5v 2A port? 🙂

No, not matte. Just those cheap plastic film kind.

Initially upon arrival, it's pretty bad, like the bro said. Dusty, susceptible to oil and fingerprint. After I use those LCD cleaning liquid to clean and wipe the screen protector, it got better and had served me from March to now. Even though I bought a tempered glass sp, I don't see a need to change the factory installed sp for now.

Dorkable

Reaction score
No, not matte. Just those cheap plastic film kind.

Initially upon arrival, it's pretty bad, like the bro said. Dusty, susceptible to oil and fingerprint. After I use those LCD cleaning liquid to clean and wipe the screen protector, it got better and had served me from March to now. Even though I bought a tempered glass sp, I don't see a need to change the factory installed sp for now.
Oh dear, I thought it would be matte coz my iPlay 30 Pro came with a nice matte sp. In that case, I better go online to buy matte sp.

Shib

Reaction score
Looks a bit matte. I tried with the Huawei super charge and purple USBC cable. Will try with a prolink 60w charger to compare.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks a bit matte. I tried with the Huawei super charge and purple USBC cable. Will try with a prolink 60w charger to compare.
What was your experience using the Huawei charger? Did you try the original charger that came in the box?

Dorkable

Reaction score
The iPlay 40 Pro shipment from Qoo10 Trustech.SG crazy fast. Ordered just on Sunday morning and the tablet is already at Changi airport today😳

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Looks like a user review rather than a real tech review... which I like... as always good enough for non-gaming use...

Now just need to find out if the charging speed is still as lousy as the previous model...
Which I disagree, from a gamer's perspective.

Iplay40 is definitely capable of handling intense gaming. The problem with these reviewers is that when they review gaming performance, they just 'touch and go' without playing the games long enough to have a better assessment.

Games like genshin impact needs time to build up it's cache and optimise it's performance. The more we play, the better it runs. Initially I started at the low settings as the reviews suggested. However, I feel that it can be pushed further as I slowly increase the settings.

Currently I am running it at high res settings, mid environment detail with all effects turned to medium, at 60 fps. Of course, at these settings the device feels more warm and battery consumption is higher. But performance wise, there is no throttling and it runs as smooth as it can be.

But if I run cleaner programs like cc cleaner, they seem to delete the cache, and performance of the game drops again until I play it for a longer time again to rebuild it's cache.

A short video to prove my point:

Actual game is much clearer and not sure why the recorded audio is so soft. I am not that good with recording on Android devices and used free screen cam app. Anyway, the settings I used for the game is in the video and do note that this is the performance with a screen recorder recording in the background.

For a sub $300 tablet, the gaming performance is pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Dorkable

Reaction score
Oh nice... you got a $30 coupon is it? I only have a $15 and the price now is $280-$15 = $265...
Correct. You are also contemplating buying an iPlay 40 Pro? You could either get it now or wait till 8.8. They might release new discount vouchers for 8.8, just guessing.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got lots of new tablets coming from the China brands this year... TCL, Oppo, Realme, Xiaomi, Nokia, BLU, Lenovo, Honor
Correct. You are also contemplating buying an iPlay 40 Pro? You could either get it now or wait till 8.8. They might release new discount vouchers for 8.8, just guessing.
Don't need a tablet now... but tempted to... hahaha...

Dorkable

Reaction score
I was actually getting a Huawei Matepad 10.4 (with Kirin 820 version), but pulled back at the last minute coz realized that some of my most played games are dependent on Google Play services. I do love the Matepad though, it's so good in all aspects, just lacking GMS.

Shib

Reaction score
I was actually getting a Huawei Matepad 10.4 (with Kirin 820 version), but pulled back at the last minute coz realized that some of my most played games are dependent on Google Play services. I do love the Matepad though, it's so good in all aspects, just lacking GMS.
This iplay40 pro CPU around SD835. That matepad will be worst off.

Dorkable

Reaction score
This iplay40 pro CPU around SD835. That matepad will be worst off.
Errrr.....even the older Kirin 810 has 2x Cortex A76@2.2 GHz with a Mali G52 MP6 GPU, either in which already beats the Unisoc Tiger T618 handsdown.

A Kirin 820 already goes ahead of T618 by over 100k in Antutu scores.....so why would the Matepad be worse off....

Dorkable

Reaction score
Got lots of new tablets coming from the China brands this year... TCL, Oppo, Realme, Xiaomi, Nokia, BLU, Lenovo, Honor

Don't need a tablet now... but tempted to... hahaha...
If I recall, you are currently using the Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro? Is that correct?

I used to have that as well but hated the screen a lot so much so I sold it off. I know many folks would love the Amoled display and I do admit that the color vibrancy is excellent, but boy do I hate that it is a Pentile display. It really hurt my eyes trying to read text on the tab. I used to own a Samsung Tab S6 and the Super Amoled display was so much more comfortable on my eyes.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.