China Tablets to recommend

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Cuz I don't prefer those not official global rom. But if I knew this will the result, I will not do any flashing.

This are the only 2 padplus FW we can download online
Which I tried both with no success, my luck :(
iKkr1O1.jpg
U got me confused.

No success, but u said u are now on zui 12.5?

What does the log window in qfil said?

To make it clear, can tell me what ROM are u on now, what version and what did u do to get to this ROM/version?

Last edited:

hinamoriamu

Reaction score
U got me confused.

No success, but u said u are now on zui 12.5?

What does the log window in qfil said?
There is 2 firmware avaialble for download which is
  1. 12.5.0.040
  2. 12.6.142

With locked bootloader, no matter which one I flash, it will brick.
With unlock bootloader, only ZUI 12.5.0.040 works, and OTA to later version will make it brick again (EG : 12.5.108)

FYI, all flash is complete with no issue @ QFIL.
I have been flashing ROM during early android time but this is the 1st time I encounter such frustration.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
There is 2 firmware avaialble for download which is
  1. 12.5.0.040
  2. 12.6.142

With locked bootloader, no matter which one I flash, it will brick.
With unlock bootloader, only ZUI 12.5.0.040 works, and OTA to later version will make it brick again (EG : 12.5.108)

FYI, all flash is complete with no issue @ QFIL.
I have been flashing ROM during early android time but this is the 1st time I encounter such frustration.

Like I mentioned before, it's easier to flash custom roms than official roms. Custom roms all we need is to adb a custom recovery like twrp, dl the ROM, copy to SD card and flash from twrp.

Official roms, on the other hand, are harder since every official flash tools are very finicky on their requirements.

Anyway, the proper procedure is to (1) flash the 12.5
(well, this is the first time I heard of bricking on a official ROM flash, but since that is what u claimed, I won't dispute. Probably the seller did not lock the bootloader properly.)
(2) do not do OTA update yet
(3) relock the bootloader
(4) do OTA update

Your tablet is not booting after the OTA update cos' later zui version will detect if the bootloader is unlocked and refuses to boot for security reasons if it's unlocked.

I assume u know how to relock the bootloader since u know how to unlock it.

hinamoriamu

Reaction score
Like I mentioned before, it's easier to flash custom roms than official roms. Custom roms all we need is to adb a custom recovery like twrp, dl the ROM, copy to SD card and flash from twrp.

Official roms, on the other hand, are harder since every official flash tools are very finicky on their requirements.

Anyway, the proper procedure is to (1) flash the 12.5
(well, this is the first time I heard of bricking on a official ROM flash, but since that is what u claimed, I won't dispute. Probably the seller did not lock the bootloader properly.)
(2) do not do OTA update yet
(3) relock the bootloader
(4) do OTA update

Your tablet is not booting after the OTA update cos' later zui version will detect if the bootloader is unlocked and refuses to boot for security reasons if it's unlocked.

I assume u know how to relock the bootloader since u know how to unlock it.

Will give it a try after I enjoy my tablet for a while 1st. Now a bit lazy and this thing has been torture me since 6pm.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Will give it a try after I enjoy my tablet for a while 1st. Now a bit lazy and this thing has been torture me since 6pm.
Mine tortured me for days until I finally discovered why I cannot flash to official global rom after I updated to zui 12.6 for my pad pro 2020, when bros like Teo said it's very easy for them.

Yeah. U are right in a sense to avoid this model. Since there are almost 100% chance that the source shoppee sellers get from will flash a dubious rom.

Btw, there is one curious question I want to ask.

When u received your set, the seal stickers are intact right? How about wrapping? Is it wrapped in plastic wrapping?

I want to ask cos' my lenovo p11 I bought from mercurytech do not have plastic wrapping. It looks like they had open it before and just stick the seal sticker back.

Last edited:

hinamoriamu

Reaction score
Mine tortured me for days until I finally discovered why I cannot flash to official global rom after I updated to zui 12.6 for my pad pro 2020, when bros like Teo said it's very easy for them.

Yeah. U are right in a sense to avoid this model. Since there are almost 100% chance that the source shoppee sellers get from will flash a dubious rom.

Btw, there is one curious question I want to ask.

When u received your set, the seal stickers are intact right? How about wrapping? Is it wrapped in plastic wrapping?

I want to ask cos' my lenovo p11 I bought from mercurytech do not have plastic wrapping. It looks like they had open it before and just stick the seal sticker back.
Seems open up before with no plastic wrap if I recall correctly.

Urbanchap

Reaction score

Were u prompted to do an update or its auto? And u can't get back the factory rom version even if u do reset?

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Were u prompted to do an update or its auto? And u can't get back the factory rom version even if u do reset?
Prompted. And at that time, I didn't know updating the cn ROM will lock me out of the ability to flash to global.

Cos' the latest zui update writes an indicator that cannot be erased even by factory reset or downgrading the ROM via flashing. Hence the bricks when people try to flash global ROM after they upgraded zui to the latest.

Even though the unbricking process is released, it still carries risk. I have to purposely brick my perfectly working tablet on official ROM in order to try the method.

Last edited:

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Seems open up before with no plastic wrap if I recall correctly.

Seems that my hunch is correct.
Mercurytech and monmart @ shoppee sells 'tampered' with sets. Well, since they need to flash roms, they have to open the set.

When I got my Lenovo pad pro 2020 from this seller at qoo10 (with a $100 coupon), it comes sealed with plastic wrap. Opened up and it comes with the official zui.

https://m.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Mobile/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=656685253&banner_no=1305330
This seller also carries the pad plus 2021 at $350. Chances are it will also be a sealed set plastic wrapped with untampered zui rom. Price is on the high side since qoo10 often release big coupons during weekends and sales.

So for all 4 models of Lenovo pad, these are my recommendations to avoid the complex qpst flashing to get to official ROM.

2020 pad/pad pro:
Any seller. Whether if it comes with unofficial ROM or cn ROM, it seems quite easy to go official global ROM with the official Lenovo tool. (Multiple success from folks here already)

2021 pad plus:
U can try to get from the above qoo10 seller, or safest go for tanteo785 and request for china ROM in the remarks section.

2021 pad pro:
Only get from tanteo785 and request for china ROM in remarks.

hinamoriamu

Reaction score
Nevertheless tablet itself is good and lag free.

To be frank I like ZUI a bit more due to the pc mode.
Hopefully there is a way to resolve the issue else I prepare to let it forever no updates.

The 3rd party cover I bought surprisingly can turn on and off screen by open/close it.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Nevertheless tablet itself is good and lag free.

To be frank I like ZUI a bit more due to the pc mode.
Hopefully there is a way to resolve the issue else I prepare to let it forever no updates.

The 3rd party cover I bought surprisingly can turn on and off screen by open/close it.

Bro, just lock the bootloader. U are just one step away from perfect completion. Official roms do not like an unlocked bootloader. U get widevine l1 and OTA update support from just doing it.

A fellow bro had already done the same for his pad pro 2021.

Just note that relocking bootloader will factory reset your tablet and erase all data.

Btw, just for knowledge, u mentioned u flashed both versions yesterday on a locked bootloader and both fail to boot.

Which order did u flash them in? The 12.5 first, or the 12.6?

Last edited:

PinkGlory

Reaction score
Seems that my hunch is correct.
Mercurytech and monmart @ shoppee sells 'tampered' with sets. Well, since they need to flash roms, they have to open the set.

When I got my Lenovo pad pro 2020 from this seller at qoo10 (with a $100 coupon), it comes sealed with plastic wrap. Opened up and it comes with the official zui.

https://m.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Mobile/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=656685253&banner_no=1305330
This seller also carries the pad plus 2021 at $350. Chances are it will also be a sealed set plastic wrapped with untampered zui rom. Price is on the high side since qoo10 often release big coupons during weekends and sales.

So for all 4 models of Lenovo pad, these are my recommendations to avoid the complex qpst flashing to get to official ROM.

2020 pad/pad pro:
Any seller. Whether if it comes with unofficial ROM or cn ROM, it seems quite easy to go official global ROM with the official Lenovo tool. (Multiple success from folks here already)

2021 pad plus:
U can try to get from the above qoo10 seller, or safest go for tanteo785 and request for china ROM in the remarks section.

2021 pad pro:
Only get from tanteo785 and request for china ROM in remarks.
Pardon me as I really got lost with discussions on unofficial rom, widevine L1, china rom, etc.

If I only want to mainly watch videos via Netflix, viu, mewatch, YouTube, and web browsing, which will you recommend and which vendor? Is pad pro 11.5 ok? I wanted big screen and hopefully good speakers.

Thanks.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Pardon me as I really got lost with discussions on unofficial rom, widevine L1, china rom, etc.

If I only want to mainly watch videos via Netflix, viu, mewatch, YouTube, and web browsing, which will you recommend and which vendor? Is pad pro 11.5 ok? I wanted big screen and hopefully good speakers.

Thanks.

It really depends on your budget and how high quality u demand as a media consumer.

2020 Pad 11 inch is great for your use already, and it has fantastic speakers for it's price. Also generally it comes with official global ROM, so it's just a matter of buy, OTA update to android 11 and just enjoy away.

But if u are a person who demand higher quality (like me), 2020 pad pro is the better choice. U get a OLED screen, media playback up to 4k and a even better pair of speakers. But situation with pad pro is a little more complicated as sellers are known to flash unofficial roms to it. A little more work, as in u need to use a PC and 'rescue' the tablet back to official global ROM.

Both comes with widevine l1 for hd Netflix.

Just avoid the 2021 models if u don't want to deal with china ROM, unofficial rom, qpst flashing, widevine level loss due to unlocked bootloaders, etc.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Since a number of us are china Lenovo tablet users, join the club.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/860584328099304/
This is also where I got most of my knowledge from (plus a bit from xda forums). This is also where I found the ridiculously hard to find official ROM for the pad plus.

Note it's in ongoing motto.

TUZ6bz9_d.webp

Stick to official whenever u can. Those sellers that flash unofficial roms are not doing customers a favor, but it's doing for their business since the word 'global rom' generate more interest for their own listing. And by doing so, they also avoid negative feedbacks since they deliver what they promised, a global ROM even though it officially does not exist. Hey, they said 'global rom', but they never said is official, problem-free or update-able.

Right now, I am just trying to help to recover the damage done by these sellers and restoring back the tablets to their original, secured state, and original state meaning an official ROM and a locked bootloader.

Essentially, these sellers 刷机(flash the device) and pass the 风险 (risks) to u. So whether or not u want to live under such risks is your call. When accounts get compromised or tablet gets corrupted, don't say people didn't warn u. In that situation, not only u suffered a loss, u end up having to flash official cn ROM to recover anyway.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Beta is it? Stable or not?

Ok, bro. Now I am more prepared to answer your qn, since I tested the functionality with 2 SD cards.

My experience with zui is really like taming a wild horse. As an OS, it's rock stable. I hardly find any situation that it freezes, slows down or force me to reboot the device. It's glitches are mainly in the functionality and features. We have to understand it's temperament and behavior, learn how to tackle it's wild fits and resolve the differences to live together in harmony.

Back to the expanding internal storage with SD card functionality, It's not a beta function. It's hidden and the way to uncover it is actually quite simple.

1) Insert an SD card u plan to use as internal storage.
2) Install this app 'Files by google'. This is Google's file manager and I find it quite good.
3) Open Files by google, go to the file browser section and select the SD card. Go to the 3 dots on the top right hand corner and select storage settings. This will open the hidden storage settings in zui to format SD card as internal storage.

Performance wise, it's good, as the system adopts the SD card as part of the internal storage.
Stability wise..... This is where zui temperaments start to kick in, which I don't encounter in other roms such as the iplay40 ROM.

After a reboot or after the tablet is locked for quite a while and not used, the entire UI slows down and lags. Apps also becomes very slow in performance. It's like zui is trying to recognize the SD card as part of it's internal storage all over again. In iplay40, it's instantaneous, but for zui, it's not.

Solution: lock the tablet again and wait for around 30 seconds. Unlock it and zui will be smooth again and apps are again performed at full speed.

hinamoriamu

Reaction score
Bro, just lock the bootloader. U are just one step away from perfect completion. Official roms do not like an unlocked bootloader. U get widevine l1 and OTA update support from just doing it.

A fellow bro had already done the same for his pad pro 2021.

Just note that relocking bootloader will factory reset your tablet and erase all data.

Btw, just for knowledge, u mentioned u flashed both versions yesterday on a locked bootloader and both fail to boot.

Which order did u flash them in? The 12.5 first, or the 12.6?
I start frm 12.5 then it shows error then I panic d.

So I try flash 12.6 still the same issue then I know I doom liao.

I think I will stay away to lock BL or flash ROM until ZUI 13 to try again.

Netflix and Disney+ is nt my main purpose to buy this tablet.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a reference for Taobao/Tmall price. Sometimes it may be cheaper to buy from local online stores.

1) Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad (with GMS)
Xiaoxin Pad SD662 -- 4GB/64GB, about RMB888; 6GB/128GB, about RMB988
Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2020 SD730G -- 6GB/128GB, about RMB1488

Xiaoxin Pad Plus 2021 SD750G -- 6GB/128GB, about RMB1268, no global ROM available
XIaoxin Pad Pro 2021 SD870 -- 6GB/128GB, about RMB2068, no global ROM available

2) Huawei tablet (no GMS), only for those who want 8inch models
Mediapad M5 8inch Youth Edition, Kirin 710 -- old model, 4GB/64GB, RMB 1199
Mediapad M6 8.4inch, Kirin 980 -- old model, 4GB/128GB, RMB 2049 for WiFI model and RMB2349 for LTE model

Last edited:

Urbanchap

Reaction score
Just a reference for Taobao/Tmall price. Sometimes it may be cheaper to buy from local online stores.
That's true. Initially was thinking of getting Pad Pro 2020 from Taobao, which is slightly cheaper and guarantee is virgin China ROM. But found out later that Ezbuy will only send via ship for any gadget with battery. So after adding 7%GST, its not worth it. So ytd hooted one set with Tanteo (ready stock) with china rom. But Mercurytech needs to pre-order from HK.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
That's true. Initially was thinking of getting Pad Pro 2020 from Taobao, which is slightly cheaper and guarantee is virgin China ROM. But found out later that Ezbuy will only send via ship for any gadget with battery. So after adding 7%GST, its not worth it. So ytd hooted one set with Tanteo (ready stock) with china rom. But Mercurytech needs to pre-order from HK.

I would personally avoid getting electronics with lithium battery from TB. That miserable amount of savings is not enough to warrant the amount of trouble u may get into later.

There are people who bought things like Bluetooth earbuds from TB and received a defective set. They encounter a lot of trouble trying to arrange their own shipping to ship the set back to the seller because of the battery.

If you buy from platforms like qoo10, Lazada or shoppee, u get better local support.

I would only buy apparel, mechanical watches etc from TB. Things that don't contain a battery.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
I start frm 12.5 then it shows error then I panic d.

So I try flash 12.6 still the same issue then I know I doom liao.

I think I will stay away to lock BL or flash ROM until ZUI 13 to try again.

Netflix and Disney+ is nt my main purpose to buy this tablet.

Zui 13 is already pushed via OTA to the 2021 devices. 2020 devices next month.

I am not sure if anyone will upload zui 13 ROM to that repository. U might want to ask in that Chinese xiaoxin fb group for help if anyone can send the ROM to u.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.