China Tablets to recommend

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Pad pro 2020 will get bootloop if you flash from later version of China zui ROM to global.
Updates to global might brick your tablet .
Lenovo did this deliberately to prevent import directly from China though Google services still can be installed with limited functionality compared to global ROM.

So most reviewers advise users to stick to zui China ROM .

Correction.

There is no 'limited functionality'. What we get is full google services and all we need to do is to manually install the google apps, like Gmail, play store, YouTube, etc on our own. It's exactly the same as what we get on global rom. What is different is there are glitches here and there which can be fixed and do not affect functionalities.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
xiaoxin pad pro 2021 has to opt for CN firmware.

How about xx pad 2020 what are the difference btw global and CN firmware.?

Lemme reply directly to u so that u are not confused.

Global rom is pretty much like standard stock Android. It's basic and has very few Lenovo touches.

Cn rom, also referred to as zui, is like a manufactured skinned UI, pretty much like Samsung's one UI or xiaomi's miui. It has more functionalities added by manufacturers compared to standard stock Android. (Though with more functionalities also comes with more bugs and glitches)

Both have full google services and every google app like play store, Gmail, etc can be installed. U have to install the google stuff manually in zui.

When u do buy a pad 2020 or pad pro 2020, first thing u need to check is what rom had the seller installed for u.

Go to 'about phone' or 'about tablet' and note the rom identifier as well as the Android version.

1) If it's zui, that means it's on a china rom. If it's Android 10, that means this tablet is possible to convert to global rom using Lenovo's official tool. If it's Android 11, then better stick to zui.

2) if it's a global rom, then u have to check if it's a official or fake rom. Compared the rom identifier and check against the lolinet repository to see if it can be found.

Pad 2020: https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/lenovo/Tab_P11/TB-J606F/

Pad pro 2020: https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/lenovo/Tab_P11_Pro/TB-J706F/

If it's found, then it's an official global rom. If not, then it's a fake rom.

For fake rom, just repair it using the official Lenovo tool to change it to official global rom.
https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/downloads/ds101291-rescue-and-smart-assistant-lmsa

Sidenote: for 2021 models like pad plus and pad pro 2021, they don't need to check. Anything that is not zui are 100% fake roms.

Last edited:

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone can comment if such tablet can use USB to connect to printer for printing

Yes.

For eg, I am trying to send a word document from Microsoft office on my xiaoxin pad pro 2021 to print on my HP Deskjet printer with a USB A connection.

1. Install HP print services plugin app from playstore to the tablet

2. Connect the printer to the tablet using a USB c to USB a cable/adapter. I used this one I bought from Lazada.

L3Yoyzr_d.webp

3. Connect the tablet power cable or a powerbank to the USB c port of the adapter. The printer will be detected.

4. Open Microsoft office and open the document I want to print.

5. Select file - print, choose the printer and confirm. The document will be printed.

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well ordered china ROM XX pad pro 2020 for around 300 bucks from shopee . Not the cheapest but more worth it than xiaoxin pad plus 2021 for local pricing.

Hopefully the OLED and HDR netflix dun disappoint.

Think XX pad series (except p11 non pro )totally beat mipad 5 already.
Their USB 3.1 C port that allows them to serve as monitor or output hdmi which is super handy .

Last edited:

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Well ordered global XX pad pro 2020 for around 300 bucks from shopee . Not the cheapest but more worth it than xiaoxin pad plus 2021 for local pricing.

Their USB 3.1 C port that allows them to serve as monitor or output hdmi which is super handy .

Pretty much agreed. Not forgetting Lenovo tablets has SD card support. This is actually bigger than most people thought. Tablets without SD card slot is missing one of the best feature of Android tablets.

https://source.android.com/devices/storage/adoptable
I have over 600 gb of internal storage on my pad pro now. Installed over 150gb of apps and system only reports 60gb of actual internal storage used.

When adopting SD cards as internal storage, it's highly recommended to get the latest U3 A2 V30 standard.

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/blog/a1-vs-a2-sandisk-microsd-card-whats-the-difference/

This is so much more cost efficient. Price difference of mi pad 5 128gb and mi pad 5 256gb is around $70.

For a tablet with microsd card, I can use this $70 to buy a 512gb U3 A2 V30 microsd card and get 4x more internal storage space.

Last edited:

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xiaoxin pad pro 2021 dirt cheap in Taobao too . Ard 2500 RMB with keyboard bundle ~ 500sgd.

Too bad local pricing still trying chop radishes.

Mipad 5 totally out of the game already .

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Xiaoxin pad pro 2021 dirt cheap in Taobao too . Ard 2500 RMB with keyboard bundle ~ 500sgd.

No, the difference in pricing is not chopping radish. This is what we need to pay for a peace of mind and support from local sellers and local platforms.

Remember, buying from tb has near zero support for overseas customers. If u receive a defective set, it's up to u to negotiate directly with the tb seller and ship back the device on your own, while praying for the seller to ship a replacement back. Worst when it's a device with lithium battery, which create even more problems for shipping.

I personally would not buy something this expensive from tb.

Reminder:
Official Lenovo singapore price for p11 pro (aka pad pro 2020).
https://www.lenovo.com/sg/en/tablets/lenovo-tablets/tab-series/Lenovo-TB-J706/p/ZZITZTATB0J

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It seems to me local price of Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2020, Pad Plus 2021 and Pad Pro 2020 are not too bad, especially for you guys who are good at finding lobangs.

I think Your price of Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2020 of around S$300 is actually pretty GOOD (edit: written wrongly as "bad") compared to Taobao based on my quick glance. But I am not very good at finding lobangs...

Taobao:
Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2020: around RMB1579 (maybe not the best price but not many shops are selling)
XIaoxin Pad Plus 2021: around RMB 1299
Xiaoxian Pad Pro 2021: around RMB 2099, RMB2549 with original Lenovo keyboard

Shopee Tanteo (before vouchers and coins)
Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2020: around S$339
XIaoxin Pad Plus 2021: around S$299
Xiaoxian Pad Pro 2021: around S$488, S$588 with original Lenovo keyboard

As for buying from Taobao, it depends on individual risk profiles. I set my limit to be around RMB1500 for electronics items from Taobao. In reality I have not really bought anything above S$200 as of now. For higher cost items I prefer to use local shops like Challenger/Courts/Apple/etc and occassionally Shopee/Lazada. In reality I do not buy high cost items from Lazada/Shopee either and my limit is about S$400 if the shop is considered as an overseas shop and do not offer local warranty.

But there are people who really buy much more expensive items from Taobao.

Last edited:

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
It seems to me local price of Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2020, Pad Plus 2021 and Pad Pro 2020 are not too bad, especially for you guys who are good at finding lobangs.

I think Your price of Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2020 of around S$300 is actually pretty bad compared to Taobao based on my quick glance. But I am not very good at finding lobangs...

Taobao:
Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2020: around RMB1579 (maybe not the best price but not many shops are selling)
XIaoxin Pad Plus 2021: around RMB 1299
Xiaoxian Pad Pro 2021: around RMB 2099, RMB2549 with original Lenovo keyboard

Shopee Tanteo (before vouchers and coins)
Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2020: around S$339
XIaoxin Pad Plus 2021: around S$299
Xiaoxian Pad Pro 2021: around S$488, S$588 with original Lenovo keyboard

As for buying from Taobao, it depends on individual risk profiles. I set my limit to be around RMB1500 for electronics items from Taobao. In reality I have not really bought anything above S$200 as of now. For higher cost items I prefer to use local shops like Challenger/Courts/Apple/etc and occassionally Shopee/Lazada. In reality I do not buy high cost items from Lazada/Shopee either and my limit is about S$400 if the shop is considered as an overseas shop and do not offer local warranty.

But there are people who really buy much more expensive items from Taobao.

$300 for pad pro 2020 is a decent price. Rmb1579 is around sgd $335 right?

I probably got the cheapest pad pro 2020 in oct, but by not much at $285.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sorry I meant to say pretty good price. I edit the post. Initially I wanted to say "not bad" but decided to change to "pretty good", yet forgot to change "bad" to "good".

Last edited:

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Waiting game for vouchers and price drops by sellers.
But most smart buyers tend to increase prices during 11.11 events haha .

Better to wack early before they introduce online taxes next year.

divinepotato

Reaction score
A couple of questions regarding the Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 (on China ROM aka ZUI):

1) Will the product get security updates?
2) Will in-app purchases work in the following apps (without opening playstore in the background)? : Lazada, Shopee, Foodpanda
3) Will Zoom work?
4) Will Netflix work in HD?

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
A couple of questions regarding the Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 (on China ROM aka ZUI):

1) Will the product get security updates?
2) Will in-app purchases work in the following apps (without opening playstore in the background)? : Lazada, Shopee, Foodpanda
3) Will Zoom work?
4) Will Netflix work in HD?

1) Yes, since it's official rom
2) Yes. These are shopping apps, so no issues. In app purchases refer more to in app purchase of ingame currencies or goods within games.
3) Yes
4) Yes

I initially have issues signing in to zoom or other apps using my Google account as the default system browser is not considered as a secured browser by google. And the funny thing is, when I install chrome via playstore, it's not recognized as a 'browser' and I cannot set chrome as the default browser due to this.

Solution: Uninstall chrome that I installed from google playstore and install the chrome app from Lenovo app store. After that, uninstall this Chrome, and install back the chrome app from google playstore. Then chrome will be recognized as a 'browser' and I can set it as the default browser.
(Note: the Lenovo store version of chrome is outdated and cannot be updated due to some 'compatibility issues')

This is one of the little glitches of zui.

Saravanan2006

Reaction score
The screenshot show oem unlocking section, it's greyed out and abit hard to see. It's below 'enable Bluetooth hci snoop log'.
My bootloader is unlocked, it says that at the bios when I boot up the tablet. I have to press the power button again to proceed.

If really possible to get L1 just by locking think I'll try it, since I buy it mainly for Netflix Disney and don't really need the ota updates

@Arceus,​

Your issue resolved? I also got same Tab and version is same as yours so wondering whether locking bootloader solved your issue?

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Waiting game for vouchers and price drops by sellers.
But most smart buyers tend to increase prices during 11.11 events haha .

Better to wack early before they introduce online taxes next year.

Sadly, I don't see any notable deals or nice vouchers for today (1.1). Break time for bargain hunters.

Arceus

Reaction score

@Arceus,​

Your issue resolved? I also got same Tab and version is same as yours so wondering whether locking bootloader solved your issue?

Yup I managed to fix my tab. But I flashed to cn ROM first then lock the bootloader. You can find the steps by steps guide on xda forum to flash and lock.

Now I have ota update and widevine l1, and the tab is Play Protect certified. But strangely I cannot install Netflix and Disney+ from Play store, have to install from downloaded apk.

Saravanan2006

Reaction score
Yup I managed to fix my tab. But I flashed to cn ROM first then lock the bootloader. You can find the steps by steps guide on xda forum to flash and lock.

Now I have ota update and widevine l1, and the tab is Play Protect certified. But strangely I cannot install Netflix and Disney+ from Play store, have to install from downloaded apk.
Thanks, i also managed to flash stock rom and solved issue. Netflix is not showing in the playstore but i got updates via playstore after sideloaded an old NF version.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well ordered china ROM XX pad pro 2020 for around 300 bucks from shopee . Not the cheapest but more worth it than xiaoxin pad plus 2021 for local pricing.

Aiyoh... don't complain already... I bought $485 in Oct 2020 lor... yours is dirt cheap for the specs and quality.... enjoy!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.