China Tablets to recommend

lao3hero

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all bros, I just got pad pro 2020 and today got this update. Should I update? Thanks!

a>
IMG-20220126-220316.jpg

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

lao3hero

Master Member
Reaction score
Don't update yet as u are on original zui.

Depends on what u want to do with your set? Do u want to convert to global ROM or stay with zui?

Bro thx so much for fast reply. Actually is mine on China ROM or Global ROM? Cuz I just found out that my Netflix only shows SD.. What should I do to get it to HD? Sorry for noob qns.. TIA _/\_

IMG-20220126-222949.jpg

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro thx so much for fast reply. Actually is mine on China ROM or Global ROM? Cuz I just found out that my Netflix only shows SD.. What should I do to get it to HD? Sorry for noob qns.. TIA _/\_

IMG-20220126-222949.jpg

From the OTA update u are getting, u are currently on original china ROM. Not too sure why your set is at L3.

But please answer my previous question. Which ROM do u want to live with?

lao3hero

Master Member
Reaction score
From the OTA update u are getting, u are currently on original china ROM. Not too sure why your set is at L3.

But please answer my previous question. Which ROM do u want to live with?

Thx bro. I'm lousy at such thing so I dunno how to answer which ROM I wanna live with; I just wanna watch Netflix in HD I happy liao... (As such I'm not sure to do that, must I be on a particular ROM)

How do I get to watch Netflix in HD, bro? Thx

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Thx bro. I'm lousy at such thing so I dunno how to answer which ROM I wanna live with; I just wanna watch Netflix in HD I happy liao... (As such I'm not sure to do that, must I be on a particular ROM)

How do I get to watch Netflix in HD, bro? Thx

Wah... It's better to settle the ROM dilemma first before worrying about Netflix in hd. We had already highlighted the difference between china ROM and global ROM already.

Because once u accept the OTA update from the china ROM and upgrade to android 11, u cannot change your mind and go for global ROM. This is a more urgent and pressing decision.

We can look into the widevine and drm issue after u are placed in the correct ROM u want. The drm issue sometimes can be resolved on its own by updating or flashing to the ROM u want.

lao3hero

Master Member
Reaction score
Wah... It's better to settle the ROM dilemma first before worrying about Netflix in hd. We had already highlighted the difference between china ROM and global ROM already.

Because once u accept the OTA update from the china ROM and upgrade to android 11, u cannot change your mind and go for global ROM. This is a more urgent and pressing decision.

We can look into the widevine and drm issue after u are placed in the correct ROM u want. The drm issue sometimes can be resolved on its own by updating or flashing to the ROM u want.

Jialat.. I'm too noobish for this.. Do u mean should I choose China or Global ROM next, I'll still have chance to get Netflix in HD? If the foregoing is correct, which would ROM u suggest bro? My main purpose for this tablet is just Netflix and Disney+. Paiseh² & thx

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Jialat.. I'm too noobish for this.. Do u mean should I choose China or Global ROM next, I'll still have chance to get Netflix in HD? If the foregoing is correct, which would ROM u suggest bro? My main purpose for this tablet is just Netflix and Disney+. Paiseh² & thx

Frankly speaking, if those are the uses, I will recommend global rom. Easier to use for u in the future.

China rom has more features and a much better PC/productivity mode, which are for more advanced users bah.

Download this tool to your PC and follow it's instructions to rescue and convert your set to global. Remember, u must not have already updated the china rom to do this.

https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/downloads/ds101291-rescue-and-smart-assistant-lmsa

lao3hero

Master Member
Reaction score
Frankly speaking, if those are the uses, I will recommend global rom. Easier to use for u in the future.

China rom has more features and a much better PC/productivity mode, which are for more advanced users bah.

Download this tool to your PC and follow it's instructions to rescue and convert your set to global. Remember, u must not have already updated the china rom to do this.

https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/downloads/ds101291-rescue-and-smart-assistant-lmsa

Thanks much bro. U're a lifesaver and super prompt one too! m(__)m

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks much bro. U're a lifesaver and super prompt one too! m(__)m

Np. It's getting late and I suggest to do the rescuing tomorrow.

Meanwhile, let's do a simple drm check on the tablet at it's existing state.

Assuming u already have playstore installed, can u download this app called 'drm info' from playstore and use it. Screenshot it here.

lao3hero

Master Member
Reaction score
Np. It's getting late and I suggest to do the rescuing tomorrow.

Meanwhile, let's do a simple drm check on the tablet at it's existing state.

Assuming u already have playstore installed, can u download this app called 'drm info' from playstore and use it. Screenshot it here.

Here it is, bro, thx again for the continuous support!

Screenshot-2022-01-26-23-25-58-0436632577.jpg

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Here it is, bro, thx again for the continuous support!

Screenshot-2022-01-26-23-25-58-0436632577.jpg

Ok, nice. This shows that the set already has widevine l1 and the seller did not do anything funny to the set.

Just try rescuing the set to global rom tomorrow and check if Netflix is still showing l3.

lao3hero

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok, nice. This shows that the set already has widevine l1 and the seller did not do anything funny to the set.

Just try rescuing the set to global rom tomorrow and check if Netflix is still showing l3.

Heng ah! As in just click on "Rescue" => "Tablet Rescue" and then follow the instructions yeah? Thx bro

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Heng ah! As in just click on "Rescue" => "Tablet Rescue" and then follow the instructions yeah? Thx bro

Yah. Best to use the supplied USB c cable. Lenovo had provided a high quality cable in the box.

Next is hopefully your PC don't have some funny drivers that conflicts with the Lenovo drivers, which makes it harder and more annoying to troubleshoot.

Hopefully it's a few minutes process for u to convert it, just like how bro Teo did his.

lao3hero

Master Member
Reaction score
Yah. Best to use the supplied USB c cable. Lenovo had provided a high quality cable in the box.

Next is hopefully your PC don't have some funny drivers that conflicts with the Lenovo drivers, which makes it harder and more annoying to troubleshoot.

Hopefully it's a few minutes process for u to convert it, just like how bro Teo did his.

Thanks again bro :)

lao3hero

Master Member
Reaction score

Bro, the tool asked me for HW code. Which should I choose? 61 or 62? Thx

rescue.jpg

Last edited:

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wonder if sg will start selling? Saw some reviews on it already.

Lenovo Tab P12 Pro​

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.