China Tablets to recommend

GJN

Reaction score
Dont dare to try yet as not very good in these flashing thingy.

Read the thread also like may have some issue like bugs?

So far, I think CrDroid works best for both alldocube and teclast devices. Does your 4g/lte work after flashing gsi?

The known bugs I am aware of for M40 are:-

1) Camera not working
2) Bluetooth - music works (need to "disable bluetooth a2dp hardware offload" in developer option) and voice from phone not working

Other than the above, all are good including lte, calls, wifi, music, video, screen casting etc.

Regarding flashing, if you have bootloader unlocked, the rest of steps are easy. The difficult part are modding of the 5 files (vbmeta.img, vendor.img, recovery.img, boot.img & mod.super.gsi.sparse.v2.img) which have already been done.

Last edited:

benzene

Reaction score
is there any 8inch tablet that is FHD (1920x1080) to recommend?
Mainly for reading e-newspaper.
currently using Samsung A7 lite but want something higher resolution.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
is there any 8inch tablet that is FHD (1920x1080) to recommend?
Mainly for reading e-newspaper.
currently using Samsung A7 lite but want something higher resolution.

Cheaper china brands don't make hi-res small form factor tablets.

The only choices are mi pad 4, ipad minis and Lenovo y700 for hi-res 8 inch(+) tablets.

salmonella

Reaction score
After using zui (well... I got to live with it anyway), I think there are a lot of differences beyond the language support and ability to install Google services. I will highlight some pros and cons of zui from my personal experience.

Pros:
- Zui is very well optimized. It's smooth and fluid for performance and battery life.
- As a vendor skinned UI, there are a lot of nice features and customization options.
- Some built in features are actually very good, like the screen recorder. Better than the apps available in play store.

Cons:
- It's too aggressively optimized, which I found it similar to cn miui. Up to now, I still cannot get notifications working. This can be a deal breaker for people who wants to use it for productivity or messaging. I do not get any notification when there is a new email or new Whatsapp msg. For these users, it's better to go for global ROM.

- Because of over aggressive optimizations, some background services are killed and affect in app purchases especially for gaming.

wGlPVUe_d.webp

This is the in app store in genshin impact. The products page fail to load.
Though I found a solution. Minimize the game and launch google play store. Keep google play store in the background and go back to the game. The products page will then load. Works for every game/app I tried with in-app purchases.

The same thing happens for YouTube vanced if u login via microG. YouTube vanced will fail to load your account.
Solution: choose add account in YouTube vanced and cancel the add account process. Your account will then load.

- it seems to have some app compatibility issue, though out of all apps I installed or sideloaded, I encounter this issue only with 1 app, so this should be minor.

https://d1.httpuse.xyz/?dir=files/apk/16105
This is an IPTV app which I have no problems running it even on Android 5.1 devices. Under zui it refuses to work properly.
Found a solution: install a 2nd copy of the app via zui's multiple space feature. The clone works perfectly.

It's not that bad for a skinned UI, just some quirks.
Do these issues still exist? On p11 pro 2021 cn rom?

Last edited:

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think answer should be "yes". You can be the first one to flash it if there is no others doing that yet here. :)

1) Bootloader have to be unlocked first.
2) Download "Utility-T1020S_v02" here and execute "run.bat". This will flash the 4 files in the vendor folder (vbmeta.img, vendor.img, recovery.img & boot.img) and disable encryption, zero vbmeta, install twrp.
3) Continue the rest with steps as in post #68.
4) Done

This method of installation seem very friendly to Android 12 gsi. Out of the 4 roms (Ancient OS, Superior OS, CrDroid & Cherish OS) that I tried, all flashed smoothly and successfully.
Thanks... sounds like a good project for a cast off tablet...

salmonella

Reaction score
Anyone has eink android tablet?

Mainly to read news like straits times
I have a Boox Nova. 7.8" is about as large as I'd like to carry around for reading books. But probably too small for broadsheets like the Straits Times.

Also don't think the refresh speed would provide a good experience, especially with apps that aren't eink optimised.

Yihaoong

Reaction score
I have a Boox Nova. 7.8" is about as large as I'd like to carry around for reading books. But probably too small for broadsheets like the Straits Times.

Also don't think the refresh speed would provide a good experience, especially with apps that aren't eink optimised.
Thanks for the information.
I was looking at Boox too. But price isn’t cheap like alldocube tablet.

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Though I use my Tab S5e more often than not, I do use my MiPad 4 8" for when I wanna read ebooks (Playbook, Kindle, Dark Horse Comic). 8" screen size is just about perfect for reading and size and weight is easily more manageable than 10" or bigger.

blanktch

Reaction score
For CN ROM pad pro 2021, I read that some apps/ui will be stuck in chinese, is it true? For example WPS office can't be in english.

Thanks in advance.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For CN ROM pad pro 2021, I read that some apps/ui will be stuck in chinese, is it true? For example WPS office can't be in english.

Thanks in advance.
Why should that be the case? If the base language is changed to English, the apps will follow suite... WPS runs in English by defailt... especially if it is downloaded from the Google Playstore... are you reading feedback from CN forums?

BamBam

Reaction score
tanteo785 is back in shoppee. U might want to check him out.

Insist on the original cn ROM, as all official roms for 2021 models (pad plus, pad pro 2021 and pad pro 12.6) are scheduled to get official android 12 upgrade in May/June. Especially this model, the pad pro 12.6, is the only model that will get the android 12L upgrade, which is optimized for tablets. U probably won't want to miss it out.

Sets with fake global roms are not updateable, what is worst is lenovo never release the official cn ROM for pad pro 12.6 online. So u would be permanently stuck in a fake, non-updateable ROM until someone, someday, bother to find a solution.
Hi remless

Need your, do you get stereo sound using the 12.6 pad pro bluetooth?
I am getting both side mono. Know of any solution?

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi remless

Need your, do you get stereo sound using the 12.6 pad pro bluetooth?
I am getting both side mono. Know of any solution?

Never had any issues with any Bluetooth earpieces I connected to the pad pro 12.6.

Do the following check:

1. Enable developer options in settings on the tablet
2. Connect your Bluetooth earpiece to the tablet.
3. Go to the Bluetooth section of the developer options while the earpieces are connected

These values are usually set by the earpieces when they connect to the tablet unless it's manually changed. Different earpieces have different values (depending on the capabilities of the earpieces)

Codec, sampling rate and channel mode are shown.

xQ6cd4k_d.webp

BamBam

Reaction score
I went into the developer option yesterday , tried all the option.
In the end, reset the tablet, stereo and dobly atmos all back per before firmware upgrade.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went into the developer option yesterday , tried all the option.
In the end, reset the tablet, stereo and dobly atmos all back per before firmware upgrade.
Your tablet might be garbled by the firmware update... didn't restart after upgrade?

kamigreed

Reaction score
Hi all, planning to get the pad pro 2021 with SD870 and cn rom. Any recommendations on where I can buy a separate keyboard and stylus, or should I just get the tablet with keyboard+pen? Price diff is $164. Tq.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, planning to get the pad pro 2021 with SD870 and cn rom. Any recommendations on where I can buy a separate keyboard and stylus, or should I just get the tablet with keyboard+pen? Price diff is $164. Tq.
Price for keyboard and pen about there if you get separately lor... these are original Lenovo products right? So yup... just get altogether... more convenient also...

kamigreed

Reaction score
Tanteo on shopee suspended again. Anyone knows what to do if my order stuck with him? Ordered from him on a Thur but package still haven't moved since then.

tek888

Reaction score
Tanteo on shopee suspended again. Anyone knows what to do if my order stuck with him? Ordered from him on a Thur but package still haven't moved since then.

my order with him was auto cancelled by shopee after hitting the expected delivery date. perhaps you can check with shopee support if your expected delivery date is still far away.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.