China Tablets to recommend

electrum

Reaction score
Oh dear, Alldocube using T618 again for iPlay 50. So it's simply just an iPlay 40 with Android 12.

Ya, I think one of the biggest prob with buying Chinese tablets is that, instead of providing Android updates to existing tablets, they tend to just issue an "updated" model with the new Android version just to create more sales!

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh, and Alldocube thinks that 8GB Ram was too much for us. So they decided to downgrade it to maximum 6GB in iPlay 50 now. What joy.

This might perhaps be the saddest "upgrade" to a brand's next gen device in the tablet history.
why not? if it is cheaper.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, true dat. I see it's $159 for the 6GB Ram, 64GB storage version on Lazada. Good for those who just mainly watch shows online.
google and xiaomi also did the same for their chromecast/tv stick. the latest version is 1080p whereas the earlier version is 4k. they know that not everybody want to pay higher for better spec but no use to them.

elvintay07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel you need system integration to make the thing snappy. Not happy happy up ram by 2gb then the system will be buttery smooth. The entry level iPad can easily trash those tab S6 lite/ S7 Fe etc….

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, I think one of the biggest prob with buying Chinese tablets is that, instead of providing Android updates to existing tablets, they tend to just issue an "updated" model with the new Android version just to create more sales!
From experience, does this happen to even big brand like Lenovo xiaoxin? Many years ago, I had MIC Android tablets, biggest problem is update support

electrum

Reaction score
From experience, does this happen to even big brand like Lenovo xiaoxin? Many years ago, I had MIC Android tablets, biggest problem is update support
Don't know about Lenovo but I know for Samsung HPs they promise updates for the next 3 major Android ver

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't know about Lenovo but I know for Samsung HPs they promise updates for the next 3 major Android ver
My Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2020 has only had one OS upgrade to Android 11 and that's it I guess... I do get security updates every now and then... not sure if there's a regular roadmap for security updates... I remember someone posted a web link to Lenovo's update road map for their devices...

Here it is: https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/solutions/ht501098-android-upgrade-matrix#tablet

No idea how this relates to the China-only tablets cos this refers only to international models...

From the listing for tablets, it seems that Lenovo does 2 years only...

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Cpu-z is like the worst hardware detection app these days. It's like every fake tablet is able to avoid it's detection and make it report the fake values.

Quick search in YouTube and u will see some videos always use cpu-z and claims the tablet is legit.

I usually use fake device test, device info hw and aida64. If all 3 apps report different values from the advertised fake values, then it's guaranteed the device is a fake.

Thank you!

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have a Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2020 myself. Thankfully, even to this day (i.e. more than 2 yrs since launch), I'm still receiving regular OTA updates, even though only one major OS update (10 > 11).

So that's a plus point for Lenovo at least for security updates and optimisations. Not sure about the other big Chinese brands though.

iamnagel

Reaction score
Anyone knows if the case and screen protector are the same for Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 and Pad Pro 2022?

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy xiaoxin pad 2022 then since its a backup for your TV :) I paid $160 for 4/64. Or maybe $210 for the 6/128 might be better option. My 4/64 slight lag but since its a kids tablet it's OK for me
bro can sic where to get the xiaoxin pad 2022 for 210?

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro can sic where to get the xiaoxin pad 2022 for 210?
Only when there are vouchers to stack lor bro... I bought mine for $227... I bought from Qoo10... so if you have higher status on Qoo10 like silver or gold member status, then you get more discounts... and probably can get the tablet cheaper... $17 not much difference lar...

Try here: https://qoo.tn/ByekDY/Q117215607

This is the cheapest online for this tablet... right now got no offer, the 6/128 version going for $249, and I only have an $8 coupon while the 4/64 version is $199... get the 6/128, otherwise you may regret it cos the interface not so smooth with just 4GB RAM... so just monitor and buy when got offer lor... I think 12.12 and Christmas will have offers.... it's really quite an excellent bang for buck option...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.