Chit Chat with Mommy 👍🏻 🗓 ⛪️🎼 ✝️

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, I think early 2000s or so was still ok. The Mona Lisa painting was a disappointment. The painting was so small, small enough to kiap between the armpits and carry it around. Don’t understand what was the big fuss about it.
The Louvre has a very vast Egyptian collection that they plundered from Egypt. Too bad, not interested in that.

I quite enjoyed the Lourve. the 24 hr pass meant u can see it late afternoon, and earlier part of the day the next day. yes the Mona Lisa is tiny, esp with the surrounding barricade that distanced the viewers further

but the last night I was there, the nov paris attack happened, chaos after that

SecretAgent

Banned
Reaction score
Ya, I think early 2000s or so was still ok. The Mona Lisa painting was a disappointment. The painting was so small, small enough to kiap between the armpits and carry it around. Don’t understand what was the big fuss about it.
The Louvre has a very vast Egyptian collection that they plundered from Egypt. Too bad, not interested in that.

...same goes for the creation of Adam-Michaelangelo.

One big round to find out it is rather meh...

but David is spectacular.

Madrid... the national arts museum there... Check out Goya's stuffs.. the eyes!

oh ya...I remember there is another Mona Lisa there...

Kaylin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now i go buy my own router.

Anyway, thinking of changing router. Currently using a 2 yr old Asus.

Anyone has recommendations for a good powerful one tat isn't too expensive, say less than $200?
wah router can change yrself one ah, can buy from taobao? haha

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
...same goes for the creation of Adam-Michaelangelo.

One big round to find out it is rather meh...

but David is spectacular.

Madrid... the national arts museum there... Check out Goya's stuffs.. the eyes!

oh ya...I remember there is another Mona Lisa there...

Love Florence and Tuscany area, siena etc

16347436177_250b15e164_b.jpg

Would love to visit again anytime. self drive slowly the wineries, bucolic rolling hills, and the charming old towns.

Kippikip

Master Member
Reaction score
I quite enjoyed the Lourve. the 24 hr pass meant u can see it late afternoon, and earlier part of the day the next day. yes the Mona Lisa is tiny, esp with the surrounding barricade that distanced the viewers further

but the last night I was there, the nov paris attack happened, chaos after that

Good to know that you enjoyed the Louvre. I prefer impressionist paintings, that’s why I like Musee D’orsay and some other museums. Enjoyed the Picasso museum too.

Kippikip

Master Member
Reaction score
omg la maison du chocolat! famous! hv u tried pierre herme, l'eclair de genie & victor hugo?

I tried La Maison du Chocolat because it was recommended in a pamphlet. Didn’t try those you mentioned as they were not mentioned.
Believe there’s a La Maison Du Chocolat in Tokyo. But I couldn’t find it, it’s not easy to find places in Tokyo, at least for me. Too many small streets.

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good to know that you enjoyed the Louvre. I prefer impressionist paintings, that’s why I like Musee D’orsay and some other museums. Enjoyed the Picasso museum too.I love renaissance and baroque.

Paris is a fine city, more charming than London

Art wise i love (italian) renaissance and baroque. the art and architecture. Love florence

Yaoxis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dunno why i got no offer, maybe i never go & keep track haha
Ya I just saw online prices.

You might want to upgrade to higher speed and change provider.

Maybe got Deepavali / Christmas promo u go take note.

:)

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so many techie here hahaha.
i very kiam siap when it comes to tech stuff.

e.g. phone, PC will use until spoil then buy

ex-phone 4.5 years
ex-laptop 7 years

Yaoxis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time M1 gives free router when re-contract. But now for 1gbps and below, no more. For 1gbps, need to pay $120 to get new router.

New routers given only for 2gbps and above signup/ recontract for 24 mths
Ya. Just recontract for 2 years and got new router.

Kippikip

Master Member
Reaction score
Okie la. I went Paris 3 years back. I like Paris way more than London lo.

London looked awful from the photos my sister sent a few years ago. Many shabbily dressed people, really awful. I might want to visit Paris again one day. Never went to London and won’t go there.
Did your family and friends who went to Paris like the place? A few of my friends didn’t like it at all.

Yaoxis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so many techie here hahaha.
i very kiam siap when it comes to tech stuff.

e.g. phone, PC will use until spoil then buy
The wifi router after upgrade can cover more areas of the house.

So I'm convinced to upgrade after see the difference.

Ya phone and PC will keep using not change so frequently.

My PC CPU I also diy do minor repairs / cleaning to prolong it's life.

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
techie is not me, but i think almost all of you here are hahaha. why u no like change new phone meh?
me ish same as kaylin jiejie! 😍
also not a techie (tho i used to be)

phone is like car, depreciating asset :crazy:. that why no like change
i don't see the need to change phone every 2 years leh esp when the phone still functions my needs

Kippikip

Master Member
Reaction score
Paris is a fine city, more charming than London

Art wise i love (italian) renaissance and baroque. the art and architecture. Love florence

Ya, that’s why you like the Louvre museum. I don’t know how to appreciate art from that period. But the Louvre does have some nice sculptures that I liked. Like paintings by Monet, Renoir and other impressionist painters and those paintings are in other museums in Paris.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.