Chit Chat with Mommy 👍🏻 🗓 ⛪️🎼 ✝️

Groryl

Reaction score
then volunteering will be a gd option when u have time ☺️
Recently, I heard from my mum her friend was into trouble with her back so I offered to bring that auntie out to see my TCM. So far so good. I will reach out to more elderlies if possible.

Seems like I'm a little warm up in terms of awakening which was aligned to what you said, volunteering. :)

Kaylin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sis, I managed to escape because there is someone more challenging waiting for me years later down the road. But this time round, I took matters differently and took it to offline from the start. At least I don't need to wait until I am totally exhausted before moving things offline. That is provided the other party is willing.

My friend, who had never dated before, was fighting depression too. Back in 2019&2020, other than the lockdown, as and when I received a notification from him, I will always make time for him. I will keep some things out of the picture because I don't want to reveal. Once I revealed, you will hope lightning to strike him because it was extreme and beyond my imagination. There were many surprises along the way that caught me offguard. But the funny thing was, my mental fitness was at an all time high. I don't even felt a thing throughout the whole 2 years of time spending with him. Here are two examples out of many:

Meet up place&time was set 1:

Me: Hao ma brother?
Friend: DON'T TALK TO ME (his emotions went haywire just before I met him)
Me: o_O in my mind, wtf you asked me to come out but I cannot talk to you

Meet up place&time was set 2:
We were seated beside each other drinking bbt. He suddenly stared at me. I saw it from my sideview and pretended nothing happened and continue to drink my bbt

Friend: LAST TIME YOU ALWAYS DISAGREED WITH ME RIGHT?
Me: in my mind, siao liao ki siao again but I remained silent
Friend: YOU TELL ME! WHY NOW EVERYTHING I SAID YOU AGREED WITH ME?
Me: I almost puke out my bbt. Stragtegy tio sexposed. 😅

Eventually I took a step back last year after knowing his psychiatrists couldn't help much either.

So tolong tolong, I hope this year many many people like them can recover and lead a healthier lifestyle!
im not surprised psychiatrists cannot help. because most depression arent really due to chemical imbalance but the tendency to ruminate about the past + victim mentality + negative mindset. if we can change these things (with therapy and self care tips like journaling, staying in present moment/mindfulness, not giving a sh1t abt what ppl think) then such "depression" actually can heal one.

HomeMommy

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently, I heard from my mum her friend was into trouble with her back so I offered to bring that auntie out to see my TCM. So far so good. I will reach out to more elderlies if possible.

Seems like I'm a little warm up in terms of awakening which was aligned to what you said, volunteering. :)

yes esp if u stay in mature estates. I see a lot of elderly living alone. So when they talk to me i will chat a while with them lor. Heng i can speak teochew quite well mixed with a little hokkien 🤣

desiresale

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
woah you jin high ses since young! i can only afford locos, the cheaper "version" of abalone 😂

23082016_111846_AM_NM_Shellfish_PL.jpg
One yr jiak once only lah. Only CNY eat well. If every mth eat, i oso cannot afford.

And my teeth no strong, too rubbery i cant bite.

Groryl

Reaction score
You are very 伟大 already! It’s very tough and depressing lifting people out of depression, especially those suffering from chronic severe depression.
Thank you Sis.! ;)

Are you aware they are usually shunned by others? They may not even have the luxury of having a proper meal out there with friends because they don't have any to begin with. Even they have friends, they were usually being made use of. Those unscrupulous idiots out there are ******* manipulating pretending to be their 'friends' when they see something they could get out of all these lost souls.

Probably that's what spur me on.

desiresale

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you Sis.! ;)

Are you aware they are usually shunned by others? They may not even have the luxury of having a proper meal out there with friends because they don't have any to begin with. Even they have friends, they were usually being made use of. Those unscrupulous idiots out there are ******* manipulating pretending to be their 'friends' when they see something they could get out of all these lost souls.

When you comfort others, you yourself will oso find peace. Is a good karma. Bless you

Groryl

Reaction score
im not surprised psychiatrists cannot help. because most depression arent really due to chemical imbalance but the tendency to ruminate about the past + victim mentality + negative mindset. if we can change these things (with therapy and self care tips like journaling, staying in present moment/mindfulness, not giving a sh1t abt what ppl think) then such "depression" actually can heal one.
For my friend's case, you are on point. Exactly these 3.

past(childhood) + victim mentality + negative mindset

He kept thinking the whole world + people are out to destroy him. His siblings can't be bothered with him.

Kaylin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For my friend's case, you are on point. Exactly these 3.

past(childhood) + victim mentality + negative mindset

He kept thinking the whole world + people are out to destroy him. His siblings can't be bothered with him.
ya its usually these factors, ppl like that love to 钻牛角尖 but negativity can and will spiral and yet many ppl arent aware the only ppl who can help themselves, are themselves. its only through self awareness + acceptance + compassion for oneself that one can change la.

Groryl

Reaction score
yes esp if u stay in mature estates. I see a lot of elderly living alone. So when they talk to me i will chat a while with them lor. Heng i can speak teochew quite well mixed with a little hokkien 🤣
They are simple and traditional folks. A little laughter coming from you is sufficient to spark a brighter day for them. When you look deep into their eyes, there is a story! ;)

HomeMommy

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They are simple and traditional folks. A little laughter coming from you is sufficient to spark a brighter day for them. When you look deep into their eyes, there is a story! ;)

when i go for my wkday morning rolls, i always see an elderly auntie doing stretching one. So i will 打招呼 with her and then after i finish my workout i will say byebye to her. Now everytime she see me she wave at me first 🤣

Some of them jin cute one. But whenever i see any of them suddenly in wheelchair liow jin sad one :frown:

lady_gaga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you Sis.! ;)

I do have friends and family with depression and I do make more effort with them. But a lot depends on the character of people with depression too. If their way of coping is to shut themselves out, there’s only so much you can do also. And if their way of coping is being suicidal and being violent, they definitely need meds but again, if they refuse to take meds, there’s also nothing much you can do to help them.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.