Chromecast with google tv 2020

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Same for me. Nothing happens after pressing the app. But casting from phone works.

Actually what's the difference in casting from phone? Is it slower or laggier?

And anyone sent Singtel a message regarding this issue to ensure they are aware?

Watching directly on the app is almost a minute faster than casting but the frame rate is bad.
Casting plays smoother.

Outramkia

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, just want to verify if the $60sgd chromecast is good? Or is the more expensive version referring to the ultra version? Thanks

xiaofan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, just want to verify if the $60sgd chromecast is good? Or is the more expensive version referring to the ultra version? Thanks

Both are not good now that this Chromecast 2020 is out.

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both are not good now that this Chromecast 2020 is out.

After many months, the new Chromecast with Google TV 4K still not available in Singapore's Google Store?? Why so slow??

Rooney3

Reaction score
Watching directly on the app is almost a minute faster than casting but the frame rate is bad.
Casting plays smoother.

Wah didn't know frame rate will be worse on the app directly on TV rather than casting from Chromecast.

Strange how Singtel expect ppl to move to cast app when they can't even sort out basic issues.

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm using a Repeater network on my ASUS router in my room. My phone and Mac are able to connect with no issues. However, on the CCWGTV, it's unable to connect at all. Am I doing something wrong in my router settings?

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Can someone guide me how to sideload mewatch app into chromecast 2020?

xiaofan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone guide me how to sideload mewatch app into chromecast 2020?

One of the possible way
1) install "Downloader" app on your Chromecast 2020
2) search Google for the mewatch apk on your PC, current version 5.0.102. Copy the URL.
3) download the apk using the Downloader app
4) install the mewatch app.

"Downloader App: How to Install on Firestick/Android, Features, and More" https://troypoint.com/downloader/#androidtv

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
One of the possible way
1) install "Downloader" app on your Chromecast 2020
2) search Google for the mewatch apk on your PC, current version 5.0.102. Copy the URL.
3) download the apk using the Downloader app
4) install the mewatch app.

"Downloader App: How to Install on Firestick/Android, Features, and More" https://troypoint.com/downloader/#androidtv

Downloaded the app by your method but mewatch cannot launch.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Downloaded the app by your method but mewatch cannot launch.

What is the error message? Previously I was able to use this method with my Mi Box S. Live TV was okay. But there were occasional stability issues with videos on demand.

In the end I no longer use this method but rather casting from mobile.

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
What is the error message? Previously I was able to use this method with my Mi Box S. Live TV was okay. But there were occasional stability issues with videos on demand.

In the end I no longer use this method but rather casting from mobile.

No error but it just cannot load and jump back to the home screen of android tv.

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys quick qn ... Previously there's a long standing issue with tvbanywhere+ unable to project to tv (xianfan should be well aware) . Will chromecast 2020 solve this problem? Note that if it does solve the problem, I will be subscribing the tvbanywhere+ through Google play store. Thanks

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has spare and new cc to let go?

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2

CarharttBoy

Reaction score
Has anyone order this from the Google US store and ship through ezbuy?

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score

xiaofan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys quick qn ... Previously there's a long standing issue with tvbanywhere+ unable to project to tv (xianfan should be well aware) . Will chromecast 2020 solve this problem? Note that if it does solve the problem, I will be subscribing the tvbanywhere+ through Google play store. Thanks

By right it should work out of the box since TVB Anywhere+ works with Mi Box S if you pay for the Premium subscription.

However since there are problems with Singtel Cast for the Chromecast 2020 users here whereas I have no problems with SingTel Cast on Mi Box S, so it is better that other Chromecast 2020 users can confirm.

Mi Box S is listed in TVB Anywhere+ support list of Android TV boxes but not Chromecast 2020.
https://staticweb.tvbanywhere.com/certified-android-TV-list.pdf

You can also purchase the Official TVB Android TV Box from Shopee to be sure of support.
https://www.tvbanywhere.com/a15_promotion.html
https://shopee.sg/tvbaw.sg?categoryId=2414&itemId=5658162304

Last edited:

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Viu not working also. Although can cast from phone.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.