Chromecast with google tv 2020

Haman

Reaction score
Just received my Chromecast 2020 ytd from Lazada Bday sales, finished setup. Loving it. Looks and feel better than Roku. Good thing able to load VPN without changing my router setting.

zepplin25

Reaction score
has anyone ordered recently from google store or best buy using ezbuy warehouse, i do see some older posts that google store cancelled their order, wondering if its still the case, from both google and best buy.

I have the amazon firestick 4k, and somehow the image seems to be bit off in that on the LG CX, thus looking to buy the chromecast. How's the feedback for the chromecast 2020 in singapore so far? any issues accessing hbo max via vpn as well? as thats why i bought the firestick over anything else in the first place.

I assume we can use the inbuilt apps directly on the chromecast, without having to cast from the phone.

Last edited:

zepplin25

Reaction score
Hi, this CCWGTV can be plugged to AVR HDMI instead of TV as well right, similar to Roku Stick?
Is there HBO Go inside this Chromecast instead of HBO Max?
I have Xbox and Roku Stick but they only had HBO Max now with VPN. If I disable VPN, no HBO available.
Thanks.
Have you tried using hbo max using the firestick though, and is it working fine with vpn? considering to buy the chromecast for myself for an upgrade over the firestick 4k, (still not sure if its worth it)

Haman

Reaction score
Have you tried using hbo max using the firestick though, and is it working fine with vpn? considering to buy the chromecast for myself for an upgrade over the firestick 4k, (still not sure if its worth it)
I don have firestick, mine is Roku stick+. HBOMax works fine with VPN on both Roku and Chromecast 2020, however, the HBOmax version is 173 for Android TV, not version 177 (for mobile). I got the apk from apkmirror. When I installed 177 version, I cannot scroll the page, but casting from my Pixel 4xl to Chromecast was ok though. My google account is SGP based, so unable to find HBOmax, even with VPN on.

zepplin25

Reaction score
I don have firestick, mine is Roku stick+. HBOMax works fine with VPN on both Roku and Chromecast 2020, however, the HBOmax version is 173 for Android TV, not version 177 (for mobile). I got the apk from apkmirror. When I installed 177 version, I cannot scroll the page, but casting from my Pixel 4xl to Chromecast was ok though. My google account is SGP based, so unable to find HBOmax, even with VPN on.
yeah in order to find that, need to change the google account to us, which i did before installing hbo max. Is there any difference between the two versions?

Haman

Reaction score
yeah in order to find that, need to change the google account to us, which i did before installing hbo max. Is there any difference between the two versions?
U mean between 173 and 177? From Apk mirror, it seems like 173 is for Android TV OS, whereas 177 is for the mobile and tablet.

arahim

Reaction score
Hi all, is anyone getting only stereo sound instead of dolby digital 5.1 when watching shows on Netflix with this Chromecast?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, is anyone getting only stereo sound instead of dolby digital 5.1 when watching shows on Netflix with this Chromecast?
Does the show supports Dolby Digital 5.1 or only stereo?

arahim

Reaction score
Does the show supports Dolby Digital 5.1 or only stereo?
Tried with movies on Netflix that have 5.1. Only realised that it’s playing in stereo on the Chromecast when I played the same movie using the TV’s own Netflix app and it plays in 5.1.

Haman

Reaction score
Tried with movies on Netflix that have 5.1. Only realised that it’s playing in stereo on the Chromecast when I played the same movie using the TV’s own Netflix app and it plays in 5.1.
How are you connecting your Chromecast? Chromecast to TV or AVR? Anything in between the connection? For me, I am connecting to AVR and output to TV. A few times, my AVR HDMI port turns cranky and I had to restart my AVR to recognize the HDMI input.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
has anyone ordered recently from google store or best buy using ezbuy warehouse, i do see some older posts that google store cancelled their order, wondering if its still the case, from both google and best buy.

I have the amazon firestick 4k, and somehow the image seems to be bit off in that on the LG CX, thus looking to buy the chromecast. How's the feedback for the chromecast 2020 in singapore so far? any issues accessing hbo max via vpn as well? as thats why i bought the firestick over anything else in the first place.

I assume we can use the inbuilt apps directly on the chromecast, without having to cast from the phone.

Google store is still cancelling orders.

arahim

Reaction score
How are you connecting your Chromecast? Chromecast to TV or AVR? Anything in between the connection? For me, I am connecting to AVR and output to TV. A few times, my AVR HDMI port turns cranky and I had to restart my AVR to recognize the HDMI input.
I’ve tried connecting directly to TV as well as direct to my soundbar. Soundbar‘s connected to tv through arc. Both came out stereo. Even switched to optical but it’s still the same. Just curios, which avr are you using? Thanks in advance

Haman

Reaction score
I’ve tried connecting directly to TV as well as direct to my soundbar. Soundbar‘s connected to tv through arc. Both came out stereo. Even switched to optical but it’s still the same. Just curios, which avr are you using? Thanks in advance
I'm using Denon AVR-X3500H. Then perhaps some HDMI pins in the Chromecast went awol? Not sure if using contact cleaner is possible though.

arahim

Reaction score
I'm using Denon AVR-X3500H. Then perhaps some HDMI pins in the Chromecast went awol? Not sure if using contact cleaner is possible though.
Didn’t think of that. Will look into it. Thanks!

tauntme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for paid subscriptions for Chinese shows/dramas apps that can be operated like Netflix and Disney plus on chromecast 2020? If ask my parents to cast from phone they sure blur.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for paid subscriptions for Chinese shows/dramas apps that can be operated like Netflix and Disney plus on chromecast 2020? If ask my parents to cast from phone they sure blur.
Viu and iQiyi are two apps you might want to explore

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.