Chromecast with google tv 2020

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Let's said, round it up to S$100 for the Chromecast 2020 (From this Taobao shop) and that it lasts for the next 2 years for you. :s22:

1 month costs $4.16 only. 1 day costs $0.13 only! Cheaper than a cup of coffee per day! A small fee to pay for a the latest, innovative, great product and enjoyment! :D;)

So, What dafug! :s8: Just close both eyes and buy! :s13:=:p
Good sia u.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So it should be available as an app to download from google tv app store? Any idea if tvb anywhere is available too?
Seems like both the apps I need is on mi box S which is a cheaper option for now. Less the 4k capability.

Mi Box S supports SingTel Cast, SingTel TV Go, TVB Anywhere+. You can install these apps directly on the box. No need to cast. For meWatch and Starhub TV+, you have to cast.

Google Chromecast 2020 will be similar in terms of app support.

Mi Box S also supports 4K, no problem with 4K Netflix, 4K YouTube etc. The CPU (S905X) is a bit weak so you may not want to use 4k 60Hz user interface though. It is perfect for 1080p though, 4k 30Hz should be okay as well.

Google Chromecast 2020 has a faster CPU (S905D3) so it should be smooth when running in 4k 60Hz user interface. It also supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos which Mi Box S does not support. So you can say it is the "Mi Box S" killer.

Last edited:

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Mi Box S supports SingTel Cast, SingTel TV Go, TVB Anywhere+. You can install these apps directly on the box. No need to cast. For meWatch and Starhub TV+, you have to cast.

Google Chromecast 2020 will be similar in terms of app support.

Mi.Box S also supports 4K, no problem with 4K Netflix, 4K YouTube etc. The CPU (S905X) is a bit weak so you may not want to use 4k 60Hz user interface though. It is perfect for 1080p though, 4k 30Hz should be okay as well.

Google Chromecast 2020 has a faster CPU (S905D3) so it should be smooth when running in 4k 60Hz user interface. It also supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos which Mi Box S does not support. So you can say it is the "Mi Box S" killer.
Your knowledge is on top of this world!

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Decided to go with mi box s in the mean time after reading much about it.
Since I will only need tvb anywhere and singtel cast so far.
Will still consider changing to chromecast when it's officially released in Singapore.

D-Wade

Reaction score
Bought via comgateway, total USD 105 with estimated USD$15 to ship it here.
I bought 2pcs btw.

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Bought via comgateway, total USD 105 with estimated USD$15 to ship it here.
I bought 2pcs btw.

Works out to be usd$60 per pieces. Sounds like a good deal. You could have bought more to sell to brothers/sisters here. Heehee

daylight

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
waiting for it to be available in local google store. any one knows can we install apps on this new google tv

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya! Good that you made the decision based on your priorities and usages! :)

I don't watch much Asian dramas, movies or TV. So, Boxes are not for me! :s22: Also, I'm very particular about Servers' streaming quality and servers stability. The recent Chinese drama that I watched was this super well made, high quality drama, "The Rise of Phoenixes 天盛长歌" on Netflix! =:p

the new chromecast is actually a faster mibox in different form.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. Take it as my very 1st box. :)

Also, I preferred to have everything related set up and connected with the same brand taking into consideration that I use Google Home. :)

Another example is that I opted for Samsung soundbar to pair with my Samsung TV. I use Huawei freebuds 3i with my Huawei phone so that all features can be utilized fully and function perfectly. :)

Good one. This Chromecast 2020 with Google TV is kind of Mi Box S killer.

Mi Box S is pretty good but the faster CPU in Chromecast 2020 and the support of Dolby Vision/HDR10+ and Dolby Atmos kind of beats Mi Box S to the dust. It also beats Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K in the Singapore context. Roku Steaming Stick is totally not worth buying in Singapore.

It is definitely worth the US$50 price tag. I will say it is also worth the S$100 early adopter price tag.

On the other hand, existing Mi Box S may not want to upgrade unless really want Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

Last edited:

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm... :s8: My Chromecast 2020 is shipped from Manchester, NH, USA! :s8:

Status now is: Waiting for the UPS guy to pick it up over there! :s8:

That's 4 days after placing my order in Taobao! :s8:

At least, I know that my item is on the move or rather the delivery process has started in the USA! :)

Nice man. Think you had a great deal for an early adopter.

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea what is the length of the usb cable in the box? From those unboxing videos, my best guess is at least 1.5m. Hopefully long enough to connect to my socket :s22:. Just ordered from Google and ship through ezbuy :s12:

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Any idea what is the length of the usb cable in the box? From those unboxing videos, my best guess is at least 1.5m. Hopefully long enough to connect to my socket :s22:. Just ordered from Google and ship through ezbuy :s12:

How to buy via ezbuy? I tried searching for it using the app but the product isn't available.

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to buy via ezbuy? I tried searching for it using the app but the product isn't available.

Buy directly from Google US store and ship to my account with ezship.

Ezship is the forwarding service of ezbuy.

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score

Ok that was easy, I made my purchase off US Google store too!!!! I can't believe it, and I just got mi box s a few days ago thinking I will wait for official Singapore launch.....

handytouch

Reaction score

HI, are you using the Ezbuy provided name as customer name and add credit card to pay.

I ordered one from google store and ezbuy warehouse.
After a few day, got cancelled by google store.

Last edited:

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
HI, are you using the Ezbuy provided name as customer name and add credit card to pay.

I ordered one from google store and ezbuy warehouse.
After a few day, got cancelled by google store.

Oh man. No wonder it's been more than half a day and the status still stuck and not move on to preparing for shipment.

looool

Reaction score

It didn't get cancelled? Mine got cancelled. What billing address did u use?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.