Chromecast with google tv 2020

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any news on whether will it come to SG? using Xiaomi stick now and its so slow..

I doubt so it will come to sg. The media streaming businesses here are too small the scale and it is monopolized and controlled tightly.

Rooney3

Reaction score
Considering this mainly for playing Singtel cast. Don't have the app on my TV and the browser version gets stucked pretty frequently.

Just to ensure that the native app of Singtel cast is stable? Read some having issue loading it?

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
i can run the singtel cast app on my chromecast with no issue, but i dun have an account to login to test.

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chromecast Remote

The Chromecast remote cannot completely replace my LG TV remote correct? Unless I am missing something. For example I can switch to TV channel input (native not set top box) but I cant change the channels from ch5 to ch8 etc?

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Chromecast remote cannot completely replace my LG TV remote correct? Unless I am missing something. For example I can switch to TV channel input (native not set top box) but I cant change the channels from ch5 to ch8 etc?

That's right. You can't with the Chromecast remote for that matter.

You still need you TV remote to change TV channels.

I'm using a Samsung TV. The same applied.

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Considering this mainly for playing Singtel cast. Don't have the app on my TV and the browser version gets stucked pretty frequently.

Just to ensure that the native app of Singtel cast is stable? Read some having issue loading it?
I am still having problem launching the singtel cast app directly on my chromecast, not sure why. So I have been using the chromecast button on my phone or ipad and cast onto my chromecast to watch instead.
Anyone got singtel cast to work already?

Last edited:

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel cast on Chromecast with Google TV worked for 2 weeks. Then stopped working. When I click the singtel cast app on TV, nothing happens...

I am still having problem launching the singtel cast app directly on my chromecast, not sure why. So I have been using the chromecast button on my phone or ipad and cast onto my chromecast to watch instead.
Anyone got singtel cast to work already?

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Singtel cast on Chromecast with Google TV worked for 2 weeks. Then stopped working. When I click the singtel cast app on TV, nothing happens...

Wonder what's the conflict? I haven't seen it working for more than a month already.

Rooney3

Reaction score
Wonder what's the conflict? I haven't seen it working for more than a month already.

Same for me. Nothing happens after pressing the app. But casting from phone works.

Actually what's the difference in casting from phone? Is it slower or laggier?

And anyone sent Singtel a message regarding this issue to ensure they are aware?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.