Chromecast with google tv 2020

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for paid subscriptions for Chinese shows/dramas apps that can be operated like Netflix and Disney plus on chromecast 2020? If ask my parents to cast from phone they sure blur.

You can try free WeTV (international version of Tencent TV) and iQiyi (international version) first to see if your parents like them or not. If they like one of them then you can pay the subscription. The subscription is not that cheap though, at least much more expensive compared to the China version. But China version subscription requires WeChat Pay which is pretty difficult now.

No need to sideload.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes for 爱奇艺, the rest like 腾讯视频 works without vpn
If iQiyi (China Version) still needs VPN to access, wouldn’t the international version show China content too if connected to VPN?

jasonho

Reaction score
If iQiyi (China Version) still needs VPN to access, wouldn’t the international version show China content too if connected to VPN?
International version of iQiyi is a different app from the china version. Their content server are not the same though you may find some similar shows.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
International version of iQiyi is a different app from the china version. Their content server are not the same though you may find some similar shows.
Got it bro! Can PM what China VPN are you using?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got it bro! Can PM what China VPN are you using?

Two recommended China VPN.
1) Transplant paid version (Typo: Transocks)
2) AJS 爱加速 paid version

Either one is okay. I use AJS myself with my Mi Box S and mobile phones (iOS and Android).

Last edited:

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Two recommended China VPN.
1) Transplant paid version
2) AJS 爱加速 paid version

Either one is okay. I use AJS myself with my Mi Box S and mobile phones (iOS and Android).
First one I couldn’t find it in AppStore.
Any idea if the two mentioned are better than Transocks?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First one I couldn’t find it in AppStore.
Any idea if the two mentioned are better than Transocks?

Sorry I have a typo. I mean to say Transocks.

As for AJS, I tend to think it is a bit better than Transocks as it has more servers.

SpinTop

Reaction score
For chromecast google tv, which wireless game controller is good for playing games ? thanks.

Rayall

Reaction score
Same for me. Nothing happens after pressing the app. But casting from phone works.

Actually what's the difference in casting from phone? Is it slower or laggier?

And anyone sent Singtel a message regarding this issue to ensure they are aware?
Same issue here... and Singtel TV GO works while Singtel CAST doesn't. Have emailed the Singtel Cast support to ask, but expecting them to come back saying only the devices on their FAQ will work (which is the Sony android TVs)... :(

*Edit* got a friend who is using the shield tv to test the app, and it worked as well on it. How come only our chromecast with google tv got this prob? 😭

Last edited:

limmk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
April Chromecast with Google TV update brings Advanced Video Controls & Wi-Fi, Bluetooth fixes

Chromecast-with-Google-TV-plugged.jpg

To download, click your profile avatar in the top-right corner > Settings > System > About > System update. There’s also an accompanying Voice Remote update (24.5 -> 24.7). The full list of changes in the 166MB April Chromecast with Google TV update is below:

• Advanced Video Controls setting for granular HDR formats, resolution/refresh rate, and color formats
  • HDMI hotplug improvements helping your Chromecast detect the best TV Settings available
  • Wi-Fi Improvements for 5Ghz and Mesh networks
  • Bluetooth Audio stuttering improvements in some Apps
  • HDMI-CEC can now be configured to turn on/off only the TV in settings
  • Security update: Android security patch level to April 2021

PattyTheChuggyTrain

Reaction score
I read about being able to access Play Store using the Chromecast Google TV. So why still need to sideload for some apps?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.