Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
These telemarketer from Citi every single f'ucking day also call me. Smlj what pdpa? ********.

decibel.

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I thought isavvy need to have incremental savings to get bonus interest?

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
isavvy-i can open online? i went down to branch and they told me to open online, but other branch told me islamic acct can only be done in branch, and account opening in branch take one hour.

They also told me isavy-I interest differnt from isavy and at bank discretion, not sure what they meant

pawn_king

Reaction score
There are 3-4 accounts.
Hsbc global Everyday
Uob one
Maybank isavvy
Scb esaver

All are near 2%~

Alternatively opened a stashaway simple account for parking. About 1.5-1.9%.
This one not as safe as above.

Seems like jan gonna drop. All the FD rates dropping this month.

MB/SCB getting new deposits from those who exit Maxigain

shpesft

Reaction score
ISavvy Islamic can only be opened at branch, not online. Ignore what they said about the iSavvy-i interest. The bank staff don’t seem to know much about the account. I had to show them the webpage that stated both versions of iSavvy enjoy the additional promotional interest.

isavvy-i can open online? i went down to branch and they told me to open online, but other branch told me islamic acct can only be done in branch, and account opening in branch take one hour.

They also told me isavy-I interest differnt from isavy and at bank discretion, not sure what they meant

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ISavvy Islamic can only be opened at branch, not online. Ignore what they said about the iSavvy-i interest. The bank staff don’t seem to know much about the account. I had to show them the webpage that stated both versions of iSavvy enjoy the additional promotional interest.

thank you account opening of isavy-i really take one hour?

blue_denim24

Reaction score
Closed account today morning. Rep gave me a form to fill where I filled the reason to close account as low interest . Whole thing was done in less than 5 mins . Citi is kind of expecting mass closure of this account .

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
Closed account today morning. Rep gave me a form to fill where I filled the reason to close account as low interest . Whole thing was done in less than 5 mins . Citi is kind of expecting mass closure of this account .
Are both the interests paid based on the new rate and up to yesterday's date?
Thanks

vince75

Master Member
Reaction score
No need to go branch to close. I closed my maxigain account by messaging them online using the online banking message system.

Sent from HUAWEI HMA-L29 using GAGT

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for those closing accounts in Dec, pls kindly share if u received pro-rated interest and how is it credited ... TIA

blue_denim24

Reaction score
No idea. I only had 15k in my account so I didnt ask much. Just did a FAST transfer of 15k to other account and made the balance zero before walking into the branch . Now I login into Citibank app , I no longer see that account .it just shows my credit card account .

Are both the interests paid based on the new rate and up to yesterday's date?
Thanks

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So Isavvy has the highest interest rate? Or any bro can recomend me better one.

DenOOO

Reaction score
OCBC did a $110 vouchers for every 10k deposited during CNY 2019, must maintain for 6 months.

Hoping for something good during CNY 2020.

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for those closing accounts in Dec, pls kindly share if u received pro-rated interest and how is it credited ... TIA

I empty out my MaxiGain on 1 Dec, they say got $2.51 which I just forgo, told them on private message to just close it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.